The Fantastic Four

Four years ago (plus 1 day), we got married. Even more exciting is that we've been together for 9 yrs. And you know what? Though we've matured and grown, we're still very much the same people we were when we first met in college. I mean, geez, we bonded over red plastic cups brimming with Jungle Juice at a fraternity party. If that's not love, I don't know what is.

We're not the lovey-dovey-mushy-in-public type. We always joke that we're more like best friends with benefits.........that's our twisted sense of humor for you. The Husband can make me giggle until I run out of sound and I'm rolling on the floor in fits of silent laughter. But best of all, we can laugh at ourselves and we know not to take life too seriously.

I guess what I'm trying to say in a convoluted way is, after almost a decade together, those are some of the reasons why we're still loving life and each other. Life WITH each other.

So let me bore you into a sleepy stupor with some memories from the big day and our honeymoon (our photographer wasn't that great, so there were few to choose from, unfortunately). Happy Anniversary, honey (and to all those June brides & grooms out there)!



Best man Patrick leading our "ring bearer" down the aisle.

This charming little red barn was our reception site.



Honeymoon in Thailand..... Yup, learning how to ride an elephant.




Awww, bright-eyed, bushy-tailed newlyweds.
Our own little beachfront bungalow. You could literally throw a stone from the door and it would land in the water. We tried =)
They gave us a room with twin beds. Hilarious! So we just pushed 'em together until they could fix it.

9 comments:

  1. Your honeymoon looks amazing. Lets hear more about it..Thailand photos always make me think of hoping on a flight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww---FC, Happy Anniversary. You and your hubby are too cute. You looked gorgeous on your wedding day and I ♥ the Thailand pics!

    I like to think of my H and I as bestfriends, too. We have that silly/romantic thing down just right ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post made me all weepy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are great together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the memory recap and congrats on remaining true to yourselves in the past 9 years, although maturing along the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaaawwwww, I'm kinda teary-eyed. Happy Anniversary, you two! What a gorgeous bride. : )

    Thailand, isn't it a magical place? I dream of going back there someday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, thanks for all your kind comments! It means so much to me. Now, I'm all teary-eyed.

    I should definitely do a Thailand-related post one of these days. It was such a magical paradise, it deserves a post of its own!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey you! What a lovely post... hope you had a wonderful anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. G & I have been together for 9 years as well (married almost 5). Congratulations! And hope you had a wonderful anniversary. Your wedding was so beautiful--I love the barn!

    ReplyDelete

Let's get weird up in here.
xoxo
~Freckles Chick~