Tag worthy

image courtesy of Good To Be Girl

Wheeeee!! I've been tagged by the fantabulous Kelly and Emily (who's nearly my neighbor, I just discovered!). Thanks ladies, for giving me something to blog about today. The challenge is to post 6 random things about me, and since I am the Queen of Randomness, here we go.......

6 Random (possibly boring) Things About Freckleschick:

1. When I was little I hated my freckles. I'm the only one in my family to have them and being of Asian descent, you just don't see our kind with freckles ;) My Mom still laments to this day that she should have made me wear sunscreen--she's probably responsible for the anxiety complex I had about them! As I've gotten older, I've come to embrace them. My dusting of freckles make me a bit unique, so why fight it? I adore them now.

2. I was born in Singapore when my dad, who was in the military at the time, was stationed there. I have no memory of it though because my parents moved to Iowa when I was two. Even though the Hubby and I live in Colorado now, I'm a Midwestern girl at heart.

3. I love pickled vegetables. If it's pickled, I'll eat it. There's something satisfying about eating something that crunchy, salty, vinegar-y, and sometimes spicy. Are you gagging yet?

4. I can't swim. Well, I can float a bit but I have this fear of my head being under water. Scares the bejeezus out of me. Ironic because if I actually knew how to swim, then I could ensure that my head stayed above water, right? Even more ironic, my parents and brother are both excellent swimmers. When my mom signed me up for lessons, apparently I was so terrified and threw such a trantrum, that the instructor actually refused to deal with me and sent us home. Embarassing.

5. I was a cheerleader all through high school and to this day I can still do the splits. Roundoff back handspring? Maybe after I dust off the ol' tumbling muscles.

6. I love kiddos and adore all of our friends' rugrats, but I don't have that urge to pop out one myself. Nor do I think I will ever have the urge. Never mind that Mr. Freckleschick and I can't seem to escape THE question from all the friends and fam: "So, are you pregnant yet?". I keep thinking the maternal urge will kick in at some point, especially by the time my 30th birthday rolls around, in a few months...........but nope. Nothing. What's wrong with me?! =) Eh, maybe I'll come around. We're just enjoying our lives as they are right now.


I'm going to tag some peeps I've never tagged before and also some old favorites:
michael, mrs. leah.maria, erin, teresa, joi, fioretta -- you're it =)

So here are the Tag rules (do with them what you will):
1. Link to the person who tagged you (i.e. me)
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Write 6 random things about yourself
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them
5. Let each person you have tagged know by leaving a comment on their blog
6. Let the tagger (me) know when your entry is posted

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tag!! I just completed my challenge! :)

    http://erinolson.blogspot.com/2008/07/6-things.html

    Where in Iowa are you from?? I lived in Iowa City until I was 2, but I still have family there, and in Muscatine and Cedar Rapids. Gotta love Iowa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm, I love pickled vegetables. we always get a bowl of pickled onions and carrots whenever we go to our favorite Mexican restaurant. yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome random facts, I'm glad you've embraced your freckles. I skinned my nose on the bottom of the pool when I was 8 and in the summer sun, the scab looked like freckles. I loved my 5 day freckles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I feel ya, girl, I truly do! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I posted! Thanks for tagging me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I posted too...what a fun tag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tag, lady!

    I posted mine!

    ReplyDelete

Let's get weird up in here.
xoxo
~Freckles Chick~