Blue Monday

I wanted a shot of color in our mostly gray home office, so I chose a shade of blue that was somewhere between Tiffany & Co. and robin's egg for the wall art. After contemplating several ideas, I decided to just keep it simple, quirky, and DIY.

So armed with some craft paper, scissors, a glue stick, and a photocopied version of Hiro's handsome profile (I got the silhouette idea
here, but decided to try my hand at it), I got to work. Of course, I had to have my "Keep Calm" fix so I purchased a postcard-sized version of the ever-so-popular British war era poster from Etsy. Its crisp design aside, I really do appreciate the mantra.

A glimpse of the wall art. Ugh, why must my camera take such crappy photos? The blue's more vibrant in real life, I swear.


Definitely quirky, yes?
****The finished office to come very soon.......I can't seem to find a rug that I'm happy with for this room. All the ones I love are super spendy and I am not willing to spend that much $$$ on a stupid rug! I am so ready to be done with this room. Is one really ever done decorating though?! Not when you change your mind as often as I do.

9 comments:

  1. Quirky but fabulous, I really love the series you put together. Can't wait to see the finished product in its entirety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow I love this!! Way cool!

    I can't wait to see the office when you're done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness, my Monday is just blue, but your Blue Monday is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! Looking forward to seeing the big office unveil!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, girl, it looks great!

    I love the trio you put together and am dying to see your office!

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it, can't wait to see the finsihed room! Looking forward to it!

    By the way I used your office inspiration pic for my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still haven't hung my robin's egg color Keep Calm print...you've given me the motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much, ladies & Michael =) I'm pleased with how it turned out!

    Jesse~
    I love your kitchen transformation. Especially love how you translated that inspiration pic into your own design. That's exactly what I did with the pic for our home office. It's such a versatile design. =)

    ReplyDelete

Let's get weird up in here.
xoxo
~Freckles Chick~