Book smart

*raising hand*
Hello, my name is Freckleschick and I'm a bookaholic. I would say I've been a bookaholic for over 20 years now. I started with one a week and I became so addicted, that at my worst I was up to two a day. I love reading books so much, sometimes I'll sneak one in while waiting in long lines and even into bed. I've made efforts to cut back but then I'll get the craving to satisfy this literary fixation. When in a desperate state, I'll settle for a magazine but it's just not the same."


Seeing these photos of books arranged like a rainbow spectrum (ROY G BIV, anyone? Anyone? Bueller?) makes me want to unpack my 12 ginormous boxes of books. Questions are, where to display them and how does color-coding compare to categorizing them or alphabetizing them? I think my pretties will have to wait a bit longer in their boxes while I figure this out.

Door Sixteen's book collection (check out the rest of their loverly old home):

image courtesy of flickr:

13 comments:

  1. So lovely and each with a special place in the readers heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of organizing by color! I might have to try this. I've always dreamed of having a bunch of built-in bookcases full of books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a fellow bookaholic I love the way that filing by colour looks, but the bibliophile in me goes completely insane at the thought of having books from the same series scattered all over my bookcases...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this look! And I'm a bookaholic as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Readers make leaders :) I love the literary rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My closet is color coded to Roy G. Biv. Sick, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not into books, but I think like Michael--my closets are categorized the same, too!

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your blog - read the whole thing!! I live in the Denver area and love your style. I will definitely be staying tune.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know! The librarian in me wants to create some sort of order but the designer in me loves the literaray rainbow look (well put Katie).

    OK, M & J. Thanks to you guys, guess what I spent the last hour doing? "Roy G. Biv"-ing my closet. We need help =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hmmm..I watch Michael Phelps braless in my pajamas, too. We might have a Rocky Mountain showdown for our man. Speaking of which, do you find avoiding swimming spoilers to be a sport in and of itself? Obnoxious.

    The beadboard wasn't too bad- we measured first and had Home Depot make the cuts for us (for the molding, too), which made all the difference. I love it - can't wait to get it all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww, thanks Laurel for your sweet words and for visiting my little ol' blog. And hello Neighbor! We're in the Boulder area. Go 'Rado =) BTW, you have a beautiful family!!

    Em~
    No way, you too?! No wonder our man Phelps is doing so well.....HA.
    I hear ya--I can't even check my email w/out seeing some spoiler headline. Gah.

    I really want to beadboard or wainscoat some area in our house. I can't wait to see all yours up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree FC! I am a similar book-a-holic. Seeing these book displays makes my heart swell...

    ReplyDelete

Let's get weird up in here.
xoxo
~Freckles Chick~