Me, wine, & some hot glue

I spied this lamp at Target and snapped it up. The simple shade, modern satin nickel finish, and compact size is perfect for the desk in our home office. Mr. Freckleschick (he refuses to answer when I call him this BTW) uses this office more than I do, so he requested that I didn't make the space too feminine.
(before)
Well, it was a lazy Saturday, Mr. FC was out of town, and I had just sat down with a glass of wine when my eyes started to flicker between the lamp and my hot glue gun. After a couple more sips of wine, I couldn't help but whip out the ol' glue gun and paw through my ribbon stash for some black ribbon to embellish this lampshade.

Not bad for a hawt Saturday night with the ol' glue gun.

10 comments:

  1. LOL, the title of your blog post should be the title for my memoirs some day. ;-) Nice job on the lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this idea! I saw something similar on Martha stewart a while ago but never got around to it. You are inspiring me to finally do it! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is awesome - it looks very streamlined and modern - and even though it's ribbon, I think it makes the lamp a little more masculine. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute! I might try this on our bedroom lamps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Based on this evidence, you should drink more, often. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! It's the details that count, truly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea! I have two floor lamps with white lampshades that have been calling out for a little 'something'... I think I'll give this a try! Thanks for sharing this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much everyone and you are so welcome! A little hot glue and wine goes a long way =)

    ReplyDelete

Let's get weird up in here.
xoxo
~Freckles Chick~