I'll bring the bottle of Cristal.

I have what my husband calls "champagne taste on a beer budget". The champagne taste I acquired; the budget part is my husband's doing.
So I announced to my other half during a Sunday of watching football (this is how I work my magic) that after exactly 1 year of being in our house, I was going to finally put the master bedroom together. He nodded vaguely and murmured, "Just don't go too crazy."

I sort of stuck to this inspiration board from many moons ago. I'm not surprised the Hubs vetoed the mirrored nightstands--insert disappointed sigh here. While this room isn't completely 100% finished and still has imperfections (uneven nightstands, headboard's a tad too small--gah!), I can honestly say that this room doesn't depress me anymore.
Sweet dreams.
before (when we moved in & right after paint)

And now:

My splurge, always need to have fresh flowers bedside:
(I hid the alarm clock for this photo, ooh sneaky.)

linen drum shade
My decor budget breakdown:~3 silk pillows (Target-sorry can't seem to find it on their site): $54
~white wrinkle-free duvet w/ shams (BB&B): $48 after 20% off coupon
~
2 damask ottomans (Target): $70
~
mirrored sunburst (West Elm): gift
~
linen drum shade (Pottery Barn): $39
~paint (Behr Toffee Crunch): $22
~lamps: gift from a friend who used them to stage houses until I made her promise them to me =)
~headboard (Pier 1 wall art piece we had laying around): $50

Total spent= $261

UPDATE: Oops, apparently doing math after 3 glasses of wine is not recommended. Actual total: $283!

Sidenote: Sadly, I gave up the Tango pillow because the pattern competed too much with the headboard and the damask =( Perhaps its new home will be in our guest room?

29 comments:

  1. Show room perfect! Stunning, I love everything you have done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love every part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this room! Especially love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I already told you my love for it @ DP, but it's worthy of another comment!

    You outdid yourself, FC. It looks so chic and absolutely perfect!!!!

    Love, love, love : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE IT!!! Great job! My honey doesn't care for the mirrored end tables either. I of course love them! Our master is still unfinished also. We moved in just under a year ago, eeek! Oh well, one room at a time, right? thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, so gorgeous! I should have you work your magic on my house sometime... I'm kind of like you - champagne taste, except lately our budget is non-existent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - you did that in one afternoon?????? Can you come to my house please?

    It certainly doesn't look like it cost $261. Your husband should be very proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks FABULOUS! I love it. And it sounds like you did it all for an amazing price. Now I'm just dying to see more of your house!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AH-MAZING! The headboard, the drum light, the lamps, the pillows, ok wait, ALL OF IT! Turned out even better than your inspiration board, and that is rare!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok, absolutely stunning...and LOL @ doing math after 3 glasses of wine. Absolutely beautiful.

    P.S. Look for a delivery this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this room, and those lamps are fab. Everything came together beautifully, you're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE it! You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job. I love it. The duvet is a STEAL... and I may just have to borrow the ottoman idea. I love that look.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty! The first "after" picture looks like it's from a professional photo shhot.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone! Such sweet comments from everyone--just makes my day. You all are too kind =)Being on a tight budget isn't so bad--just forces us to be more creative, right?

    Mrs. L & fioretta~You don't need me. You have more style in your left pinky than I do in my whole body =)

    Half! Thanks for dropping by my little ol' blog! I'm just giddy w/ excitement =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's gorgeous! I love how you put everything together, and I'm sure your husband loves it too.

    jbhat

    ReplyDelete
  17. You best be busting out the chamagne! What a glorious room! I love it! And on such a budget!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful job FC! I love it all! And I'm so jealous of the fresh flowers bedside. What a pick me up. Such a wonderful idea. Great job sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. before i read the post - and was just looking at the pics i thought it was a before and after fro a design mag!!

    looks so professional - and such a great final price!

    i can never pick paint colors...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful! I wish I had your ability! BTW, I see that the paint cost only $22. I am guessing that it means one can was enough for the whole room?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, I am so thankful for all of your sweet comments!! Just warms my heart =) And for once, my camera cooperated and took decent pics. I think the secret is a well lit room!

    Lucky~I hear you on the paint issues. It took me a year to pick out this color!

    Anonymous~ Thanks for dropping by! Yup, I was lucky b/c the other 3walls not so visible in the pic are taken up by 2 closet doors, a big picture window, and a pretty wide doorway. So I was able to keep it to just a gallon of paint-barely! I think I scraped the bejeezus out of that paint can! =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love it! You really know how to pull a room together! The lamps and sunburst mirror really make the room. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love it! I just saw those damask ottomans at Target and am plotting where to put them myself. :-)

    You've done a really, REALLY great job!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! I love this. Your headboard idea is really cool. Since we moved to Berlin, Germany, I've been searching for the perfect bed, and we're getting tired of the mattress on the floor!

    Thanks for the inspiration to think creatively.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love everything about this room - HAWT!

    ReplyDelete
  26. PS - do you mind if I share this picture in my bio and give you credit? I honestly love this room so much!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Because of your bedroom, I am painting mine Toffee Crunch too! I put the sample on the wall and new immediately it was what I wanted.

    ReplyDelete

Let's get weird up in here.
xoxo
~Freckles Chick~