Love:birds

If you were to peek into my mailbox on any given day, you would see: bills, catalogs/mags, and a bazillion Bed Bath & Beyond coupons. Today however, I pulled out a little package from one of my best blog buddies fioretta.

It is the most darling, sweetest handmade felt ornament. I've adored these felt creations of hers for some time now, so you can imagine how thrilled I was. You can just see the heartfelt care etched in every detail, from the tiny stitches to the twinkling bird's eye (I swear it winked at me) to the chocolate satin ribbon. It's a "thank you" gift for being one of her longtime blog friends. Truth is, I should be sending her a thank you!

I truly believe in sharing the "blog love"; meaning if you take the time to leave a comment on someone's blog, he/she should try to return that sentiment. When I birthed this blog 1.5 years ago (now that's an image--HA!), I had 2 faithful readers/commenters, fioretta being one of them. And she never disappointed. I instantly knew that she was/is full of heart, soul, and endless creativity and style. How can one tell this from a blog reader? I really think you can deduce a lot from a person's blog posts and comments, don't you agree?

So fi, I am sending you the biggest virtual hug possible! Who knew a little bird could turn a mundane day into a fabulous one!
(And to all of my blog buddies out there, thank you for popping in with your comments. Spread the blog love =)

And if bird ornaments tickle your fancy, also check out these lovelies.

17 comments:

  1. How sweet. There are some really good people in blog-land!

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh cute. She does look like she's winking.

    I love blogging. It has helped become friends with some people that without blogs I would have never met.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is a beautiful ornament! What a great present!

    The beauty of blogging, you get to meet some really great people with your same interests that you might not have known otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You honestly made me tear up with this beautiful post. :') All I can do is just reiterate my thanks! When I started my own little blog I never imagined where it would take me - and I'm so grateful that I've had the chance to "meet" so many wonderful people, including you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwww! How sweet is she? And how sweet are you? I can't get enough!

    You are so sweet to link to my etsy store!

    How many times can I say sweet in one comment? Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet little gift from a good friend! I need to check fioretta's blog now..
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how sweet. Fioretta seems like a lovely lady. I've been thinking about making some felt ornaments for gifts this year. I think I will check out her blog for more inspiration. I think blog friends are easier to make. No expectations just honest people letting you know what they truely think. Thanks for the office space love. I can't wait for it to finish. You and I definately share similar taste in style.

    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! How sweet!! I love the little birdie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. well, you guilted me into leaving a comment! The bird is awesome - I love the ribbon and the colors she used. Great taste!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great gift and a great friend. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL - birthing the blog - that is quite an image freckles :) and what a beauty this baby has grown to be!

    adorable birdie - makes me wanna break out the felt and stitch me some ornament love!

    Group hug for fioretta :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a recent blog reader, and I have to say that it's so uplifting to come to a place where people say what they think/do/like/want, etc., and then all these other nice people chime in with positive responses, helpful tips, virtual hugs, you name it. I love bloggers!

    jbhat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww. You really can tell people's personalities through their comments, sometimes more so than their posts! What a sweet thing to do. It's adorable to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sweet! She is so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  15. don't you just love them! She gave me one for my birthday and I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is so cute...I need to become a little craftier and make some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness--so adorable! And so thoughtful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Let's get weird up in here.
xoxo
~Freckles Chick~