The Big 3-0

I'm turning 30 in approximately 3 weeks.
I don't know how I feel about this. I'm the sort of person who actually hopes that people forget my birthday. Contrary to what this blog might insinuate, I'm not an attention whore in real life. Well, except for that one time. HA!! But really = )

Besides, having a birthday that falls right in the middle of the holiday season usually ensures that the day of my birth is, well, forgettable. Most are consumed with the holiday hectic-ness and/or recovering from it. Which is just the way I prefer it, honestly.

But my impending 30th birthday seems to be on the minds of my friends and family. I've been pelted with 2 questions for the past month:

Question #1: "So, are we going to rock out for your 30th or what?"
Question #2: "So, are you getting knocked up soon or what?"
My articulate answer to both: "Uhhhhhh....."

Because honestly, the thought of "rocking out" makes me want to put on my ratty old PJ's, gorge myself on nachos, and curl up with a good book. And the thought of getting "knocked up", well, that's not going to happen if I'm in the aforementioned state. Mmmmm, nachos and shapeless sweatpants--sexaaay.

You see, we've been casually telling those who have asked us about offspring that we'll try when I'm 30. And our friends and family have freakishly good memories. Well, time's up and I am terrified at the prospect.

So I've decided to claim that this is my 29th birthday and see who I can fool. Kidding. Sort of.
Thanks for listening and I promise to get back to more fun posts soon!!


  1. Eek! I'm going to be 40 in February, so please, please, be happy about 30--and don't be thinking that you are done for. My thirties have been wonderful, and I hope my forties are even better. I wish the same for you!


  2. So, are we gonna rock out? You're not wanting people to care about your birthday is much healthier than my, "I get screwed by my New Year's birthday so damnmit you better throw me one hell of a party" attitude. Did we ever establish if we're birthday twins?

  3. So is this your way of saying that we should expect a new blog - "freckles child"?

    (please say yes, please say yes)

    And like my mom always said about babies...its up to the girl to decide...cause boys can't say no to you...even if you are wearing sweatpants covered in nacho cheese :)

  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

  5. Awww FC! I hear ya! No rush, you still have so much time to really do what you want to do and have kids!

  6. im going to be 30 in march, and im getting the same damn thing. ugh.

  7. The only thing I miss about being 20 is my abs, but other than that, I love being 30. I'm a whole lot more confident and a whole lot smarter! 40 on the other hand - I might not be able to handle that so easily.

    As for the kid front, just tell everybody you're trying. Then, have fun trying! They don't have to know that Mr. FC is double wrapped, you're on b/c's, and do the "please don't let me be" dance after every time. Wow, that was way too graphic for your PG blog.

    Seeing how the ranch house sold, I'm casually schmoozing Jay into House #1, the center entrance colonial on the wooded lot. Wish me luck ;)

  8. Happy Birthday!!! I promise you that the 30's are wonderful...

  9. Happy early birthday! I recently turned 30 myself and had the when I'm planning to have a baby question too!

    My 30th was cute, my fiance bought me a gorgeous pair of diamond earrings from and my girlfriends took me out for dancing.

    So I hope you have a fun day like mine. I stopped counting my age at 21.

  10. Happy early birthday, FC. Please share the actual date : )

    And, I am not-so-secretly excited at the prospect of you and Mr. FC having a little kiddo! Eeeeek!

  11. Happy Birthday to you...I like to look at Birthdays as another chapter the this novel!

    On the kiddos thing, take it from someone who knows. Life is stressful enough. Enjoy you and your hubby!

  12. Happy Birthday to you - I hope it's a great year!

  13. Well happy early birthday! :)

  14. The joys of growing up. Our TTC goal is/was 30 too. And as that creeps up on us 33 is sounding a lot better!

    Happy early birthday to you! <3

  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

  16. Awww THANK YOU you guys!! And I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one having these thoughts, whew. I know we don't have to listen to others opinions, but it does get a bit annoying. We're in no rush!

    And for those who asked, my b-day is Jan. 3rd. Not quite a New year's baby but close enough so my friends let me have the distinction =o)

  17. Happy early birthday! I just had a long convo with a friend about how I am in no rush. I keep thinking that I'll need to decide at 30 as well, and luckily that's still a few years off... and indecisive me might be celebrating 29 for a few years in a row!

  18. oops, that prior comment is mine - signed in to my other account, sorry!

    But I'm also back to say that I forgot to tell you I'm dying over your nachos and shapeless sweatpants comment. ;)

  19. I turned 30 earlier this year and at first I was sad to leave my 20s behind (I felt like I was becoming a "real" grown up). But 30 has been great so far! It's our first as a married couple and we're still on the high of our recent wedding (which was about a month before my b-day).

    Live it up on your b-day, you only get one 30th! :) You can celebrate in other ways if you don't feel like going out on the town. My husband and I took a road trip to celebrate and stayed at a b&b for the weekend. It was so much fun!


Let's get weird up in here.
~Freckles Chick~