decisions, decisions

Work: ridiculously busy.
Life: not too exciting.
Renovating & decorating: nothing's completed--there are some projects in the works.

{kitchen backsplash}
My Christmas/birthday present from Mr. FC: a kitchen backsplash of my choosing. I know I want carrara marble. I just don't know what size. 1x2? 1x3? 2x3? 3x6? What?! Just because I'm always the token Asian amongst our friends, doesn't mean I'm good with numbers (kidding--no offense to any of my readers out there, just checking to see if anyone actually reads this). I've ordered this sample, due to arrive any day now:
2x4 tiles in brick layout
{living room}
I'm ashamed to say that the most used room in our house is boring, blah, and bleak. In an effort to infuse some character, I'm looking for 'designer-esque' throw pillows to chic-ify our brown microsuede sofa. Thank goodness for etsy! Any strong feelings toward these?

Remember my vision for our bathroom? This weekend we're purchasing the vanity, toilet, floor tiles and mirror. Demo has yet to begin. We're toying with the idea of a vessel sink to add some height to the vanity. Perhaps something like this:

Sheesh, there just aren't enough hours in the day.


  1. I know exactly how you feel! One of my friends told me last week... "you know, your house isn't going anywhere, you can just enjoy it for awhile..." Is anything ever complete? ;)

    I LOVE pillows 1 & 2. Good luck this weekend!

  2. I also like pillows 1 and 2! We are up to our eyebrows in painting the girls room and putting up moulding. It's taken over every. room. in. the. home!!!

  3. I love all the pillows, and I'm drawn to 2 and 4, just to throw you off. I can't wait to hear what you think of the tile sample, it's going to look fabulous when it's all said and done.

  4. I don't normally like vessel sinks but I think they look kinda awkward but this one I really like! Must be the way it slopes towards the "hand washer". As for the pillows, I really like #2 :)

  5. I wish we could see a photo of your sofa so that we can vote for a pillow - they are all really nice!

    love the marble - and your number's joke!

  6. LOL @ token Asian. Don't feel bad, Jay and I are the "tokens" in our group, too ;)

  7. Bwahahaha! I concur! Not all Asians are good with numbers! I almost failed geometry! :( Love pillows 3 & 4! And, I absolutely cannot wait too see the bathroom because the idea board is divine!

  8. Like Suzie, I'm super pumped to see your bathroom come to life. The idea board is gorgeous.

    And about the pillows, for some reason I like #1 and #2, but they're all beautiful when it comes right down to it.

    : )

  9. I couldn't begin to choose from the pillows! They are all so gorgeous! Black and white is my fav! Love the bthrm vessel sink idea! Can't wait to see it!


Let's get weird up in here.
~Freckles Chick~