I'm having severe tile remorse.

While I really do love our new honed slate bathroom tiles, I'm infatuated with Wanderluster's (of Ramblings of a Renovating Couple, one of my favorite renovation blogs and I'm lucky enough to count her as a dear reader of this blog o' mine) marble basketweave floor even more. The intricate border and pattern! The radiant heating feature! The stunning vintage detail! *le sigh* Next to hers, ours looks like the homely in-law in a family of Kennedy's.
Can't wait for her bathroom reveal!!

And another bathroom floor I've been coveting for months now, Door Sixteen's luminescent hexagons. Don't they just glow?:

**I know I promised pics of our bathroom this week but I lied. We had a few setbacks so we're still working on the beast. Thanks for your patience and I hope I still have readers when it's finally done.**


  1. It's gorgeous, but I respectfully disagree! The slate in your bathroom is equally as gorgeous. It's perfect with the warm chocolate vanity with the marble top and the crisp, white shower curtain! I love the warmth it brings to an otherwise cold space!

  2. Whoa. That floor is insane. But your floor looks just as awesome, only in a different sort of way. I agree with Suzie. I bet it'll look great once it's finished!

  3. I showed their's to Tony and I think he got scared that I was requesting the same from him! lol.

    It's gorgeous.

  4. Yup. I'm in love with it. In LOVE with it! Don't feel bad. I feel that way about my whole house! I love what I did with it, then I see something else I like better. The curse of a homeowner, I guess!

  5. You're crazy - I love what what you're doing with your bathroom! But, you know, you could always make another bathroom in your basement ;)

  6. A friend of mine just gave me 2 awards with instructions to pass them on, and I thought of you! Please check my blog for info.

  7. I love this also! But I love your tile choice also! I have some slate tiles sitting in the garage just waiting to be installed on my porch! *sigh*

  8. Awww, thank you for your support everyone! I really do love our floors but we always want what we can't have, right? =)

    There's always our next house.....LOL.


Let's get weird up in here.
~Freckles Chick~