Cocktails & house crashing

Note to self:
Self, the next time you think that double-fisting wine and champagne all night sounds like a fabulous idea......don't. Just like that one time you thought 3 mimosas and 2 Bloody Marys were a fine idea. Or like that other time you thought several cosmos accompanied by Coronas was a beautiful thing until you found yourself getting sick. All over some stranger's lawn. With the sprinklers on full blast in your face.



I know I rarely blog about stuff like what I did over the weekend. I'm doing you all a favor because I'm a self-proclaimed home body and my life is about as exciting as watching paint dry. Actually, that was our weekend not too long ago.

This past Saturday was spent at a cocktail party hosted by our good friends Pat and Jen. Their 1950's-ish house is absolutely charming. A fabulous time was certainly had by all. We're a refined and cultured bunch. What do you mean not all cocktail parties end with a soulful a cappella rendition of "Straight Outta Compton"? (Thanks, Kate. Had no idea you're multi-talented.)

*************************

I managed to snap a few buzzed up blurry photos of their darling home. In between squealing about their fabulous mid-century modern decor and stuffing my face with such delectable fare as sesame tuna phyllo cups, prosciutto wrapped asparagus, carmelized walnuts and brie, and much much more. Let's just say that Freckles Chick and food get along real well.



My apologies as my photography skills don't do their beautiful home justice! I wish I had thought to snap these before the party was in full swing. I blame the wine. Or was it the champagne? 


See that thick crown moulding and chair rail? It's recurrent throughout and original to the whole house and some of it's actually structural. I just love the detail it adds.
Entryway/LR/DR paint color is Olympic's "Earl Gray" (Lowe's)


Pardon the alcoholic acoutrements. The retro sofa is a reproduction from Scandinavian Designs.

I spy a Target mirrored accent table. Those club chairs are like velvet.

I love that headboard.
Such a fun spicy orange.

They also have a gorgeous snappy avocado green guest room I forgot to photograph.

The vanity is so chic and perfect for a small space. I forgot to ask if the tile is original to the house.

I can't remember how many of these cupcakes I ate, but it was veering towards double digits. They're scrumptious and were from Happy Cakes in Denver. And they're Martha Stewart-approved apparently.
I also can't remember how many glasses of wine I had, but that was also approaching double digits.
{My head looks huge here.}

31 comments:

  1. Love the crown moulding and chair rail. Why did builders stop doing charming things like that to houses? Lame.

    And are those Tee and Cakes cupcakes? They look better in the box than they do on my thighs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! i always love being able to take a peek into someone else's house. your friends certainly have great taste. and feel no shame, i would have hoarded that ENTIRE box of cupcakes for myself, they look AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures. I love the headboard as well as the orange room.

    I also love the cupcakes and happy that you enjoyed yourself this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh, fun! And what an adorable house - love all the moulding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. you're hilarious.

    2. i was *just* considering the buffet in their dining room for my house! coincidence or fate??

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're too funny! That headboard is so cool. I love it when someone is brave and goes for something different.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute house and fab decor. I am lol-ing at your first paragraph. When will we learn?!

    jbhat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl please! You look fantabulous! Great pictures to!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome moldings - awesome paint color. I wish I could pull off a headboard like that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't blame the wine or the champagne, it can't help but be drank! :)

    What a spectacular space that they have!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, I love peaking in other people's homes. Yummy looking cupcakes. Yummy sounding food. And you look darn cute, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, I tried to pick a fav, but I love the whole place! Especially love the color the the walls in the dining room! I would have found it hard to leave!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your friends have a great house, and I couldn't have resisted those cupcakes. They look divine!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh, you know I love being a decor voyeur! Great photos! You look gorgeous, girl! I'm hungry now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. While looking over the furnishings, I started to hear Frank Sinatra singing....Very cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG-I love the club chairs! I am envisioning them in my living room complete with pet fur :) Cute house--and I think that is a great picture of you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I liked this sneek peak into your friends home. So beautiful.
    Next time invite me over and we can eat those cupcakes together :)


    Q:
    Do you write your blog & post it through word? I was just curious about how to get differnt font and how to strike out words and other fun things.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just can't get those cupcakes outta my head...wow..amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the paint color in the living room/entry way. Do you know what it is?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'll make sure Pat & Jen see everyone's wonderful comments about their place. Thanks you guys!!

    Michelle~ I checked w/ Jen and the LR/entryway/DR paint is the Olympic brand from Lowe's called "Earl Gray". Isn't it just the perfect taupe gray?

    Em~ LMAO @ "They look better in the box than they do on my thighs.". I believe the scrumptious cupcakes were from Happy Cakes in Highlands Square in Denver. I just added a link above the pic--they're Martha approved =)

    ReplyDelete
  21. You crack me up! No harm in drinking cosmos and corona until you're sick in a stranger's yard. At least it wasn't yours!

    ReplyDelete
  22. what a divine house! I love the chairrail and top moulding. I'm totally drooling.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You so had me at the cupcakes :o)

    ReplyDelete
  24. What paint did they use in the living area?? It is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oops! Nevermind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOL! You are too darn CUTE! Sounds like you had a fun night. Beautiful home!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. That paint color is the same as in my hallway!

    ReplyDelete
  28. The house looks great. I wouldn't want to touch anything for fear I would ruin it. The architectural detail and crown molding on each wall is great!

    Amazing room!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ha! I like how they used bold colors in each room but they all play nicely together. I hate when people pick great colors for each individual room but they don't flow with each other... gives me a headache.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Awesome house. I love your notes to self. Sprinklers in your face... hahah I wanna hear that story.

    ReplyDelete

Let's get weird up in here.
xoxo
~Freckles Chick~