Spring nesting: the office

It's spring and I'm like a bird looking to move around a few twigs in our nest. Just a small redesign to the office. Some of you (Anyone? Hello?) may remember the office, which I pulled together last summer. Bit of a challenge as Mr. FC was adamant that the futon stay.

I moved the mirrors above the futon to our entryway and brought in 3 frames with asymmetrical matting. They're a little mismatched but that's alright with me because a) they were "free" since they used to hang in the bedroom and b) it adds a little non matchy-matchy interest.

They look too high, but I think it's the weird angle and the futon's super low.




The photos are images from our wedding (our reception was held in a renovated red barn aptly named The Red Barn), a vine-covered path from our vacation to the Biltmore Estate in North Carolina (I love that Greek bust on the left of the path that you can barely see!), and a pavilion on the water from our honeymoon in Thailand. Just a couple clicks with the sepia tone option on our camera's editing software and there they are.



I like the modern lines of this tiny accent table from HomeGoods for $19.99. Sort of West Elm-esque. It used to be a plant stand in the living room but I think I like it better in here. This corner's cozy for reading--my favorite re-reads at the moment.
The rest of the room remains the same so I won't bore you again with those pics. I couldn't get all the elements of this room in the picture but this teardrop chandelier that I got last summer hangs from the ceiling. My most loved element of this room!
Speaking of Target's chic, modern throw pillows, have you seen their new line?
Check out my girl
Joi's stunning newly revamped master bedroom and Kristal's chic living room.
Love.
Graphite grey damask pillows from Target. $14.29 each!!

25 comments:

  1. Love, love, love!!

    That is all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that chandelier!! I love it. I love those pillows too. And the pictures. OK, I just love it all! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still in love with that chandelier and am really diggin those pillow too! Lovely changes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. Those pillows were a great steal. I love the end table can't believe it was only 20 bucks! And I have to agree with you my favorite part of the room is the lighting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would probably not get much work done in that office. I would probably prefer to just gaze around, sighing happily.

    jbhat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love everything! Especially the pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the frames. And the vase with flowers. And the pillows. So I guess I love everything. Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, of course ya know that I now own that light too--completely thanks to you. Love it! And the paint color--perfection, along with the pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the Target pillows! They would look awesome in my house... I think a trip to Target is in order! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. (Sigh) I'm so envious of your office. :) I have been debating purchasing those pillows and now that I see them, I think I just might have to! I love your vase, table, lighting...

    ReplyDelete
  11. That chandelier is gorgous. I've been doing some rearranging today. We'll see if my husband even says anything when he gets home! Love Target - off to check out your links.
    laurel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh. My. Gawd.

    Love that chandelier.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Eeeeeee! I love it! Absolutely everything down to the beautiful flowers in the chic white vase! I adore the mismatched frames! Oh, FC!, you are the queen of details and just making everything so darn purty!

    And thank you so much for introducing us to the gorgeous OU light! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are not helping the pillow addiction. I have pillowgate going on at my house but with no intentions on ever returning any of them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL at your comment...you, for sure, are my blog BFF too! I was literally rolling when I read that!

    I'm loving the new pillows...always a fan of any type of picture collage. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Every new addition is perfection. That side table is amazing and the chandelier makes me giddy--you know how much I love it since I have it!

    Oh, and thanks for the shout out!!!

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loooooveeee the pillows! They are gorgeous! The office looks fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have so much style, it's sick.

    okay, jealousy over.

    Love it. Love it all. Drooling over the chandelier. Yowzah!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think Target and Pier One are my favorite places to get throw pillows. They each have such great selection!! I love your new ones for the futon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Tranquil and stylish! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness!! I swear I had dreamed about pillows like that but never knew they existed! lol

    Seriously, though, those pillows are FAB and perfect for my living room - did you find them in the store or online? Recently?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love all of your new additions! The room is perfect! I love your reading corner...and I have to show love for "Breaking Dawn" in your stack of books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks everyone! Gosh, I love your endless support. Just when I think I'm crazy for buying yet another throw pillow, you all make feel perfectly normal for it. =) Nothing like some fresh new pillows to "spring" it all up in here.

    Allison~ LOL! Just call me your dealer =)

    LovelyLittleNest~ I found them in store but they have them online too! Good luck and I promise you won't be disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
  24. If you like the modern pillows from Target, you should look at the design source they copied - www.blisslivinghome.com.

    ReplyDelete
  25. A simple yet chic space you have there. The futons look comfortable and the teardrop chandelier is stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Let's get weird up in here.
xoxo
~Freckles Chick~