Chalk it up

Imagine how delighted I was when I received my chalk cloth tags from the amazing Grace over the weekend (talk about speedy service!).....and I LOVE them! I spent a good hour writing on them just for fun. Just another excruciatingly exciting night at the Freckles Chick household. No wonder we don't get many visitors.

Aren't they absolutely lovely? Since I was one of Grace's milestone clients (60th?), she included the monogram tags as a bonus. After I wrapped up my loud chanting of "We love Grace! We love Grace!", I simmered down and snapped a photo.

Photobucket

The OCD in me......I do love labels.
Photobucket


These will eventually go on the future floating shelves in the kitchen. And since I was in the chalky mood, I grabbed a couple of these glass canisters from Pier 1 (gift card in hand). My only concern is that these don't have an airtight seal on them.......is that going to make my flour and stuff expire sooner? Hmmm.
Advice anyone?

Photobucket


I'm digging the the way they all look together.
{I think I might frame the monogram tags in a "floating glass" frame? Or hang them on our mini dining room hutch's door? Or on our coat hooks? The possibilities are endless.}
Thank you, Grace!!


{ For more chalkboard creations, check out this project and this one!
Also, if you've posted about your own chalkboard project, I'd love to see--please post the link in your comment! }

25 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE!! And your handwriting is cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I don't have the counter space for something like this but I LOVE those canisters and the chalk board paint! I've been waiting to do that to both sides of our garage door. Maybe I'll do that this summer!

    You are motivating me... I love it! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey..i need your opinion on my sofa...tuffs or no tuffs...stain or no stain?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute idea. (I keep my flour in the fridge. I read that it helps keep it from going south.)

    jbhat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh your tags arrived!! Aren't they amazing!! Your photos and writing are superb :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay! i LOVE the way they look, your handwriting is superb and i heart glass canisters! you made my day:) i'm feeling motivated to organize now, so THANKS, you're the best!! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the tags - I love any labels. I have those jars, but they are airtight - I got them at Cost Plus World Market. Since then, the lids have broken off two of them because the seal is so tight. My husband used all his strength and broke the lid, but the seal was intact! Might be better to not have the seal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You put me to shame, as in not even comparable. They are absolutely lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Flour can expire? Wow - I had no idea. Mine have always just stayed in their original bags shoved in the back of my pantry.... Maybe I should look into this. And maybe this is why the chocolate chip cookies I made last week turned out so weird looking....

    Those tags are super cute and what beautiful handwriting! I love putting things in little baskets. It gives the illusion that everything is nice and tidy, when I actually just throw a bunch of random crap in there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for helping me make that decision...you are just to sweet! what would I do without all that great info from yall...I know still be looking through books and online.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loooove them! And it all goes so great together! I know it will look fab up on those floating shelves.

    I will have some pics soon of our chalkboard frame.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love them! Everything is coming together! Woohooooo! Hey, that sounds like an exciting night for me as well!

    Chanting: "can't wait, can't wait, can't wait..."

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love them.

    I'm interested to know about the air-tight seal. I don't think any of mine are air-tight. I think my flour and sugars have infinite lives.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look great! I do love a good chalkboard. I'm still trying to figure out a place I could use those tags.

    I just made a chalkboard for my dining room.
    http://nikkisnacs.blogspot.com/2009/04/ugly-picture-makeover.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhh...I'm loving the canisters too. Great idea...if your flour goes bad, who cares. It looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. They look great! Nice handwriting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love those big glass containers, my friend has them in her laundry room, they look so great there,she even has the little stainless steel scoop inside, for the laundry soap.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love 'em, FC! I can't wait to be able to set my own up!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those tags are so pretty - it made my day to see them. Sugar won't expire, but it can end up turning into a solid rock if any humidity gets into the container. Whole wheat flour can go rancid very quickly, but regular white flour should be fine. (My mom cooks A LOT and I've picked up some info along the way!)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ohh, I get it now. Yes, I'd definitely suggest sealed canisters. (except that we've already established I know nothing about this kind of thing). Loved getting an email from you nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are a girl after my own heart. Love chalkboard, love labels!! These are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  22. They're really great - I love them on the baskets :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oooh I love those!! So creative!

    ReplyDelete

Let's get weird up in here.
xoxo
~Freckles Chick~