Losing his marbles

Thank you for making my most boring post ever into one of my favorites.
Your comments had me ROTFLMAO. If I can still count you as readers even after the Wolverine post and the most boring post ever, well, life is good.

Several of you have inquired about the marble. I can't believe I never thought to ask Mr. FC about it, but when you're me and you're used to this kind of shiznit, you just accept that your husband is weird and move on.

So I just called him (he wasn't busy, just running an national conference call that's all). He didn't answer. So I called him again. He didn't answer. So I texted him:

Me: Why did you have a marble in your pocket?
Mr. FC: You dirty bird.
Me: WTF? Oh, I get it, LOL. No really why?
Mr. FC: I saw it on the floor in my office & kept it.

Well, that clears it up. The scoop is: He was telling his coworkers a couple of years ago about how I got him a bag of pistachios as a little stocking stuffer one Christmas. He had reached into the stocking, felt the pistachios, and his eyes lit up like a Christmas tree as he gasped "Marbles?! You got me marbles? I've always wanted those!" Imagine the disappointment on his face when he pulled out a bag of nuts.

Anyway, his coworkers decided that they would inundante his office with marbles as part of his 30th birthday celebration that year. I know, right? Weirdos. He walked into his office that morning to the scene of marbles EVERYWHERE. In his coffee mug, under his desk, in his plants, sandwiched in his laptop computer, spilling from his inbox, wedged into his office chair.

So..........even a couple of years later, he was still finding marbles in every nook and cranny. Why he saves them, I don't know. Hence, the marble I found in his pocket.

Moral of the story:

Not only are geologists hawt, but they're also like MacGyver.
You never know when you're going to need a marble, so you might as well save them for later.

13 comments:

  1. I like it. The man's got style. I'm sure you could turn all the marbles into some interesting house item.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! That's funny that you were able to write an entire post about a marble and make it as entertaining as it was. I can dig it!

    Love this blog!

    BTW, did you ever get him marbles after the Great Pistachio Incident of 2006?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Thx ladies!

    And right back atcha, Natalie! =] Sadly no, I never got him marbles after the Great Pistachio Incident. He's also lost his zest for pistachios =[ Weirdo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I am going to get fired if I keep LOL!!! You both are too much! Gotta love him!! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have got to get him a shirt or something, like Ross from that Friends episode that says "Geology Rocks" ...that saying always cracks me up from friends

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your husband seems to work with pretty fun people!

    PS: I love your nightstand. Can't wait to see what you do with it though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought I was the only person on Earth who said "shiznit" -- that is freaky weird!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great story. I like the co-workers already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha, that's a great story. and i'm now on a mission to fill someone's office with marbles..or whatever their own personal "marble/pistachio" is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok, I would have been totally ecstatic at the pistachios, but looking at Mr. FC, he doesn't need to drop 20 like I do. I should probably stick with marbles from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE that they did that to his office and that he is still finding his marbles. You guys are funny.

    jbhat

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bwahahaha! OMG! I loves me some MacGyver! I think their filming a MacGyver movie too!

    Seriously, you guys are freaking hilarious and I would pay to watch both of you interact!

    I love these posts! Now add a pic of Hiro and I'd be ecstatic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm laughing my socks off.. you guys are like watching a good comedy..and it's for free =))

    Now we all know where to go when in need of marbles ;)

    Niky
    http://designitchic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Let's get weird up in here.
xoxo
~Freckles Chick~