Possibly my most boring post ever

My apologies to you all for having to stare at that Wolverine post over the last few days. Moving on......................

Mr. FC and I are pretty different from each other.
Well, we're just different in general, but I digress. Just a few examples:

He lives for the rugged outdoors.
I sat outside once and read a book.

He's a complete pack rat.
I'm constantly editing stuff out of my life to donate, sell, or re-purpose.

He's like Pig-Pen; a cloud of dust, dirt, and clutter just follows him everywhere.
I've been known to follow guests around with the dust buster (kidding, sort of). Once, I emptied out the pockets of a pair of his jeans before washing them and found: a leaky pen, 5 paperclips, several receipts, a half-eaten granola bar, 2 Jolly Ranchers, and a marble (????).

He'd sleep on the same sheets from 2 months ago and woudn't mind.
I've been known to make our bed right right before bedtime, just so I can crawl into a freshly made bed.

He's laid-back and goes with the flow.
I live for planning and order (Don't throw me a surprise party if you still want to be my friend.)

Home decor to him: lots of wood, paraphernalia from his fraternity days, fossils and rocks (Geologists are hawt.).
Home decor to me: none of the above

His nightstand:

Photobucket


My nightstand:

Remember when I pulled together my master bedroom (all 4 of my readers at the time)? Yeah, me neither. Anyway, I had two of those lovely stacked glass lamps flanking our bed. Then recently I entered the bedroom to see the scene above.

He apparently needed a dose of masculinity on his side of the bed, so he took it upon himself to replace the beautiful stacked glass base with the wooden base from an old lamp. I also had bought a nice grown-up nightstand for him, but he chose to go back to this old piece. He says the abundance of drawers just "speak to him".

I guess they do come in handy for when he needs to store away his Jolly Ranchers and marbles.

He of course won't let me anywhere near his nightstand.......but I'm in the process of giving my tired old nightstand a little facelift. I also have some small updates to this master bedroom of ours to share, so please stick around!!

31 comments:

  1. Lol, love the two nightstands - and that lamp switcheroo. Unfortunately, my anti-reading husband climbs into bed for sleep only (well, you know...), so his nightstand is minimalist, while mine always has a book or two next to it which makes ME feel like the packrat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that a roll of TP on his nightstand? If it is, that's hilarious! That's such a guy thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. Hilarious. Thankfully, my husband knows better than to switch up decor behind my back, or else he'll wake the demon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heidi~ Yes, that is a roll of TP. I know right? How male is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL @ this post! You said it wasn't going to be funny?!

    FWIW, your relationship dynamics are very much like my own. I could've probably written this post word for word months ago before I had Anna - back when my house was organized and clean and didn't require a Hazmat uniform to gain entrance. Oy, the joys of parenthood - no time to do the stuff that needs to be done!

    Anywho, I LOL'd at the toilet paper. That's totally something you'd find on Joe's nightstand (and probably mine now). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh - the beauty of being a stay-at-home momma. I can tweak and decorate while he's at work and he's too tired to care by the time he gets home! didn't used to always be that way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha. I loved this! Sounds just like us! Except I'm more like Kristal- don't touch the house or something bad will happen to you. j/k (sort of!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So funny. I totally would make my bed right before getting into it just so it feels "right." He can never figure out WHY I even make the bed in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this makes my heart happy...knowing that you have a quirky husband...because I feel like if you can love him, you can love me...you go husband!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was not boring--this was funny :)
    I love your side of the bed much better ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was great. I wonder what the heck was up with the lone marble?

    jbhat

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am very excited to see your updates! I love home decorating blogs, but I often wonder what sort of "men" live in these houses! I am just going to be moving into my first place at the end of May and will have to find a way to decorate that accomodates my very manly man. So please share your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha ha I think we are married to the same man. Too funny. Can't wait to see what updates you did in the room!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How funny! My husband is pretty good about letting me take the decorating lead in our house, but if I ever got rid of his three-drawer nightstand, he'd have a fit. Oh, and instead of TP on his nightstand, you'll usually find a can of his deodorant and a tube of foot cream. Very mood-setting for a bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  15. that makes me feel a little better about the day-to-day struggle i have to clean up my husbands junk he leaves everywhere!

    haha i would really love to know where that marble came in...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay, I had to do a double take - for a second there I had to pause because I thought you had photographed the top of my husband's nightstand. I see the same stash of receipts, a man magazine, the same alarm clock, the TP roll, wadded up tissues, and some hygiene product. Dang, that's freaky.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You just described me and my boyfriend to a T- I still dont understand how men can be SO messy, I guess I will never understand, ugg!

    Great bedroom BTW, I LOVE your side!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG...this story had me cracking up.

    He it too funny, and you guys are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good God, that could be our house! But at least my husband would never change anything out...he knows it would send the Earth off it's axis if he ever did...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww, this is a super cute post! Where the heck did the marble come from? LOL!

    I love your current nightstand/table! The walnut is delicious! I cannot wait for the bedroom update! Such a tease! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG..girl you are to funny! he is gonna get you for putting him on blast! lol....my husband just threw granola wrappers away from my nightstand...

    ReplyDelete
  22. We have a nightstand issue at our house too! glad to know I'm not alone.

    And I too love getting into bed when the sheets have just been switched- they feel so smooth.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ok, I'm all for picking your battles, but this is one I'd lay the smack down on, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  24. omg ya'll are hysterical! loves it. ps...you gotta check out the twins that i'm picking up tomorrow on my blog! momma is so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my, FC, how do you bear up? No really - HOW??! It would literally drive me insane. It's somewhere in their chromosonal make up...I'm convinced of that.

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOL! A marble? What was he doing with a marble? Oh, the mysterious of the male mind. Levi also picks random things up and keeps ahold of them, although he's actually much neater than I am. He actually lines sponges up next to the sink.

    Me? You don't want to know what I do with the sponges. It'd probably give you nightmares. :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. HA! I LOL'ed (for real) at your suprise party comment. I'm pretty sure I'd hate anyone who had the gall to do that to me too! I was supposed to have a suprise bridal shower, but one of my REAL friends clued me in because she knew better. :P

    I would SO KILL my husband if he screwed up a gorgeous glass lamp like that... yours should be thanking his lucky stars you full or patience and mercy!! >:(

    ReplyDelete
  28. Uh, ok, so that last sentence was supposed to be "yours should be thanking his lucky stars you ARE full OF patience and mercy..."

    ha.

    ReplyDelete
  29. How funny! It doesn't even look like the tables are in the same room. =)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh wow. This was good. You're more brave than I am. I don't even want to KNOW what's in my husband's pockets. I will say there literally is a roll of toilet paper on my husband's nightstand as well. Very normal.

    ReplyDelete

Let's get weird up in here.
xoxo
~Freckles Chick~