With etsy love

Confession:
I'm a decor junkie, always looking for my next fix. I think I spend more money, time, & efforts on dressing my home than dressing myself. Not that I run around half nekked or with mismatched socks or anything; I'm just a low-maintenance chickadee when it comes to clothes (plus my workplace is pretty casual). I always prefer to put my money towards home decor because it makes me happy.

Fact:
I have to really want something, and have a place for it, before I buy it. Contrary to what this blog might insinuate, my whole paycheck doesn't go towards decor! I only buy what I can afford. And it only makes my purchases sweeter when I end up working with the best vendors. Enter etsy.......


What: These chalkcloth tags have been on my mind ever since I saw them in Layla's kitchen. I adore these b/c they're chic, reusable, and unique. And you know of my steamy love affair with burlap.
Use: They'll be hanging on baskets on new floating shelves in the kitchen (which I received thru an extremely generous blog friend who pretty much rocks!!).

Etsy vendor:
Grace at Coastline is the epitome of graciousness and generosity. An absolute gem and she even dropped by my blog to leave me kind words. I cannot wait to call these tags mine. Plus a portion of the proceeds go towards a very special cause.



What: These hand-printed linen pillow covers (the fleur de lis ones in particular) have chased me in my dreams from the day I saw them here. Such effortless style, such simplicity in texture and design!
Use: The silk pillows that are currently on our bed are looking a bit tired. I decided that we had to either convert the office into a dwelling for my throw pillows or just get fresh new covers for the old ones.
Etsy vendor:
Karen (White Twig) is an absolute dream to work with. I convo'd her with a custom design request: I'd like the gorgeous linen material with the fleur de lis design printed in white. Within minutes, she responded with a resounding "Absolutely, fantastic choice!" She also took the time to drop by the blog and had such sweet words for me, it was like she was an old friend.

Tell me I'm not alone in my priorities........

20 comments:

  1. You are not alone in your priorities my dear! After dressing & tending to T...my eye and dollar heads toward home decor. Classic case scenario, I was at Kohl's this weekend and found myself only buying home stuff. In fact, I made your exact comment to a friend in my class -- how home goodies delight me so much that I would rather buy a cute oodle than a new top. :) Haha...kindred spirits my dear!

    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you repost the link for Karen? I'm getting a 404 error. I would love to get 2 of those as a wedding gift for someone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not alone. I have been thinking about those tags since seeing theme on Layla's blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My apologies!! I just fixed the link for Karen's etsy shop. Thx for the heads-up! =o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. MDVD~ Are we similar souls or what?! Kindred spirits indeed =o) Well, people can't say we don't have priorities. Thx for visiting my blog, E!!

    Nikki~ Get them! If you ever need an enable, just call me. I'm so there =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have gone back 3 timese for more tags. Organizing can be sooo addictive. :) I am LOVING them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so not alone....sometimes I find myself thinking, ok, I need clothes!!! Or, I find myself looking around the house thinking- what's next? what do I need to re-do? Crazyyyyyyyyy.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I so agree with you. I use to spend most of my extra money towards the usual clothes, shoes and handbags my weakness, but that all went out the window once I got my house. All my extra's so towards my little home and things to fill it with.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know how you say that our comments are like Brangelina?...well your blogs are like Brangelina plus their 20 kids and George Clooney...I'm getting all vaklempt over here.
    A true THANK YOU. You rock. Off to sew you some goods:) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the whole chalkboard aspect of those tags! So great! We even got Easter eggs you could write the kids names on with chalk.

    I heart Etsy and LOVE supporting such creative people!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those chalkboard tags!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am the same as you. I only look at home related magazines, I only go shopping for clothes if I have to (and I love fashion!)...because I would rather think about my house. Plus, ha ha, it's never "between jeans sizes."

    jbhat

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the tags, but just know that they're too fussy for my use. I'm terrible with labeling and organization lol.

    I do LOVE the pillow though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you change your accessories around a lot. I am trying to do that more to get a fresh look more often. Thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hear ya! I'll buy a fancy dress once a year, but I'd rather spend my money on my home! Love the tags and I cannot wait to see them, you have no clue! LOL! :) And I heart the pillows you picked out! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi! I just stumbled upon your blog. I love it! I really like your decorating ideas, and your sense of humor! I added your blog to my favorites so I will definitly be back!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi,
    I don't know if I've ever posted before....but I found you via Emily @ imperfect and love reading your updates.

    I totally agree with you- I put so many more resources (time, money, brain power) into my house than into me. I'm pretty much a jeans and sweater girl, plus my house never has to try things on in the harsh fitting room lights or look for the next size up.

    ps- my sister went to CU, so I've been to Boulder a few times- fun place!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved those tags when I saw them at the Lettered Cottage, too. Although, I think I really just love everything there.

    Cute cute pillows.

    I don't have much willpower, so I try not to Etsy unless I actually need something and have the money budgeted for it. Sigh... but I do love it over there.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are not alone in your priorities...and I love that pillow! Can't wait to see your personalized version.

    I have a love/hate relationship with Etsy. I love love love it...but it forces me to spend way too much moola.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I saw those blackboard tags in Layla's blog too - and I ordered 30 of them. Uh-huh, loved them that much. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let's get weird up in here.
xoxo
~Freckles Chick~