Framed

Indecision was the theme this weekend. It was half rainy & cold, half sunny & springy. Half productive, half lazy. Halfway started the kitchen backsplash. Half elated (found dining room chairs!), half raging annoyed (had to pass on them, see future post).

I did however get around to a small project that I've had on my long list for a while. If you're like me, you made spaghetti and meatballs on Saturday while the Husband was away, just so you had an excuse to eat a whole loaf of garlic bread by myself....I mean, by yourself you probably have an assortment of old picture frames stashed somewhere, unused and collecting quite the impressive layer of dust.

('Scuse the dusty table)

Photobucket

After wiping them down, I removed the glass/back from the frames (free), spraypainted them both white (Rustoleum satin finish: $4), attached new hooks onto the back of the frames, since the old ones were attached to the cardboard backing (Michael's: $1.99) and hung them like so. I think I'm quite happy with how they look! I'll have to dig around and see if there's another larger, thinner frame to add to make this set a trio (more visual interest never hurt anyone), but this is good for now.

Other than fielding questions from Mr. FC, it was so easy and took all of 2 hours, drying time included ("Why are they empty? Did we run out of pictures? Here, how 'bout this one of me in waders, catching a huge salmon on my fly-fishing trip last summer....").

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

P.S. Forgive me for my reading material.....instead of displaying pretty design books, I'm that girl who's kind of re-reading the last 2 Harry Potter books in preparation for the next movie this summer.

P.P.S . I may or may not have just finished re-reading the Twilight books.........I also may or may not think that the world's currently divided into: wizards, vampires, and real people, in that order. ------> Jill J said I also forgot about the elves. How could I forget about the elves?! Thanks, Jill. =]

If you're craving more glorious empty frames in action,
check out G&D's guest bedroom and Mrs. Limestone's office and living room!

39 comments:

  1. LMAO at Mr. FC. Classic. I love the frames - you're so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!! Love the ornate frame inside the simple one. Perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love empty frames! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ITs funny you said this..I saw this last night and was telling my husband I am gonna try this to..Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are ADORABLE! I love the pink..now white cutesy one! Great arrangement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those frames. Very cute. And I love that little owl even more!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it FC! Very creative :) And I agree with your views of the world, although, vampires come first for me, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL at "why are they empty, did we run out of pictures?" question!! My hubby still is puzzled by my growing collection of empty picture frames!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the whole vignette is perfect just the way it is. Cute owl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, I love it!

    And I'm also preparing for the new Harry Potter movie this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love reading your posts! So funny. Are all husbands like that? Sounds familiar regardless.

    And P.P.S. You forgot about the elves.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the frames! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your picture frames. It make such a clean and simple statement. I am also re-reading the last HARRY POTTER books. LOL I can't wait for the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too cute...I love that inner frame. You did it right with white girl! I love it. and I also love that you have harry potter out...a little light reality reading never hurts :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great inexpensive DIY project, I love how they turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome project! The inner frame is gorgeous! Love the vignette you've got going on!

    WTH was James MacEvoy in that movie, a goat? Don't forget about goats!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. THANK YOU!! I've got a smile stretching from ear to ear on my face right now. You all pretty much rock. At least I have you to appreciate my empty frames; Mr. FC can bugger off =]

    Suzie~ OMG! I forgot about hawt goats. For the longest time I thought he was a fawn, but wikipedia says he's a goat. I can sleep better now.......or maybe not, as either one's still sorta freaky.

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVES!!

    I also love the owl!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE it! Esp. the little frame, love the details. And I've been re-reading the last two HP books myself actually, for the same reason (the most recent trailer for the movie is making me impatient - looks like it'll be good!).

    ReplyDelete
  20. I stumbled upon your blog last week. You're hilarious! I love the before and after pics of your rooms.

    Molly from Minnesota

    ReplyDelete
  21. **Love**

    So chic, so unique. Very creative and what a wonderful way to utilize a lazy weekend.

    Eating an entire loaf of garlic bread by yourself, ahem, myself, sounds fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. They look great! It's interesting to me that you had the "after" vision, while looking at the "before". I wouldn't have seen it and would've miss out!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You already know that I lurve that frame! Where did you find it?

    And Im kind of the queen of hanging empty frames so I'm happy to have some company :)

    Also, please excuse the rant here but my office blocks photobucket so I can never see your photos until I get home. Not fair!

    ReplyDelete
  24. MrsL~ That's right, you ARE the empty frames diva! One of these days I hope to own as impressive a collection. One day....

    Oh I didn't know that some places block photobucket! Boo. I switched over to them so my photos could be bigger which has been awesome, but their site is SO slow. Debating flickr though, hmmmm....

    (I got the pink frame from TJ Maxx last year when I thought I wanted pink accents in my home office.)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love Mr. C's comments as always. I don't blame you for those book picks, either.
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  26. You know I love you, but I'm with Mr. FC on this one...you SO have to put the wader, salmon fishing pic in one of the frames, LOL :o)

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's the perfect little vignette!

    Love it, FC :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. those white frames look fab against the wall! my fi would have said the same thing to me!!! lol. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ahh I want to hear more about how you got to be an honorary member of the Cullin family! Love the frames, and love that I'm not the only one who re-reads books before releases!

    ReplyDelete
  30. haha Mr. FC and Mr. 5C should talk. I think they both have design issues. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the frames - they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  32. bwahahaha! Thank goodness for wikipedia! OMG! Can't stop LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. It looks amazing. I love the smaller frame. Super cute.

    And, while I'm sure the Mr. looks great in his waders, I think I prefer them this way. =)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Me too, Kim. Me too.
    Except for Michael (see comment above), I don't think anything can prepare the world for Mr. FC in his (too small) waders. Not hawt or sexaaay.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love the pairing of the really simple, clean frame with the ornate one - so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Just wanted to let you know I'm linking to this post and copying one of your pics. Let me know if that's not ok!

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Looks beautiful FC! Love the smaller ornate frame--so pretty! And thanks for the shout-out! :D

    ReplyDelete

Let's get weird up in here.
xoxo
~Freckles Chick~