A light topic

I really enjoyed reading how you wear the proverbial decorating pants. And the anecdotes you shared were astoundingly familiar to me--I could absolutely relate! Some were so hilarious I had to go back and read through them again whilst wiping away tears of laughter. I might have peed. Priceless.

And in the spirit of sneaking new things into the home, I think I need a capiz chandelier in our bedroom. Disguising it might require some serious skills. I will need a toothpick, a ball of twine, and 4 rubberbands to pull that one off. What's that? MacGyver called and he wants his joke back?

It's only been 3 years since I've coveted one so I think it's about time to get
this one. I figure, if I still want one after all this time, then I'd probaly not get sick of it for a few more years.

For those of you who have one, do you love yours? Pros and cons?
(Those who don't have one, please feel free to chime in!)

And because real people's homes can be so much more interesting than the ones from the glossy pages, here's serious capiz action in some blog buddies' homes.

P.S. I added a fun new widget to this old blog after having seen it on some of your blogs. On the left sidebar you'll see a "Top Commenters" box, giving a shout-out to my most frequent commenters. It also links to their blog profile and thus their blog (if they have one). What better way to spread the blog love than that? Top commenters or not, thank you all the same for reading!


  1. Chiming it to say I absolutely love the capiz chandelier in our bedroom. The only downside, due to my husband's irrational hatred for windchimes, is that we can't have the fan blowing in the direction of it...ever. He freaks out! Sometimes I do it just to annoy him though :)

  2. I love them too! They can make a tinkling sound if anything is blowing on them. I like it, but I'm not sure if it would bother me when sleeping or not.

  3. yay! i love mine. no cons that i can think of although it does occassionally rattle (not a big deal since it's in the office)...

  4. I LOVE Capiz!! This is the perfect collection of pictures!

  5. I absolutely love them! They are so elegant...we do not have one, but I am swooning for one...I would be willing to put it in my laundry room, just to have one!

  6. I love the way they look but a 1 bulb fixture is not enough light for me. I like a LOT MORE.

  7. I don't have one yet, but I will have on in my dining room soon! Can't wait!

  8. Oh I love when you put pictures of my imperfection your glam blog. Love. I LOVE my capiz. B didn't like it when I bought it (back to those proverbial pants). But then my Grandma died, and I was out of town for the funeral and he said, "Anything you need me to do while you're gone?" and I said "YES, put up the capiz please." And he did. And he's fine with it now.

    So back to your question, it's glam, beachy and fabulous. It does sound like wind chimes when we have the windows open, but we've both learned to sleep with that background noise.

  9. FC. You need this fixture. I still love ours after 3 years and that's really saying something for me! : )

    Thanks for the photo link, too. You're always the sweetest.

  10. Okay. Our contractor SAID he ordered the long one from West Elm for our staircase landing, which is in front of a window, where it would look just gorgeous. And then he said it was on backorder. And then when the due date came, it never showed up. Our contractor said he couldn't look into it...because his "laptop had been stolen." He said he'd reorder it. We still don't have it more than a year later.

    I still want it.

    I think my contractor has my capiz pendant!


  11. Where is that mirror from in Joi's entry?! LOVE it!!

  12. We've got the greenish brown capiz chandelier from West Elm hanging above our kitchen table. It's my favorite thing. Really. The light plays on it so beautifully, and it echoes the green wall of our living room right next to it.

  13. So that sounds like a resounding YES to me! Like MrsL, my concern is the lack of light it puts out...and we don't have recessed lighting in our MBR. We do have lamps and a huge window, so it could work?? It mihgt be best that I be seen in dim lighting anyway. =]

    @ kettrickfive: Thanks for dropping by! I'll ask Joi where she got that fabulous mirror.

  14. @ jbhat: Ohhh, that royally sucks, jb! Is there anything that can be done?! What a jerk that contractor is, I'm so sorry. =[

  15. your photos are so beautiful

  16. Wow - that is one popular light! Love it, you need it, the end.

  17. I have the West Elm capiz chandelier in my front living room and I LOVE IT. And you will too. You might even pee a little once you install it. They're that great.

  18. Sadly, I do not own one, but remember coveting one from West Elm over 3 years ago. I'm with you, maybe it's time?!?

  19. I love it too and am dying to put one in my future office/craft room but am worried about only have one bulb. Keep us updated if it enough light because like you I have been pining over it for over a year!

  20. I spotted a seafoam colored one the other day that I am so tempted to buy to put in a nursery IF I ever have a girl. Yeah, I'm crazy I know. I'm sure that idea will go REAL well with the husband.

  21. My parents inherited a long, three-light fixture from my dad's missionary parents way-back-when. I loved it as a child... seemed so exotic. The only downside was packing it to move.

  22. Is it sad that I automatically wanted to be the top commentor. Man this competitive side is vicious. :)

  23. I don't know how I missed Joi's entry way, but it's stunning!

  24. I have also been lusting over capiz lighting. Don't have any though. I'll live vicariously through you girls!

    BTW, thanks for the luv on decorpad, now if I could figure out how to get involved in the chats with out screwing it all up! =)

  25. I bought the whiteish one from west elm 2 years ago, we can't hang it now because we rent. But I loved it so much, and it was on such good sale, that I bought it. It is still in the box under the guest bed. My husband wasn't has thrilled as me. Oh, well :)

  26. Hey FC. That mirror was from Ashley Furniture about a year and a half ago. It was less than $30!!! Hope that helps. : )

  27. I love love love that light fixture. You NEED it. :) (and if you decide you don't like it send it my way)

  28. Oooh I love the smokey capiz! Either way you can't go wrong. And I agree, if you love something for so long, its time to give in :)

  29. You should definitely get the pendant :) I love the pics - especially Teresa's office & Katie's dressing room.

  30. I still love mine! WooHoo!

    Chanting: "I'm #1, I'm #1.... HeHe! :)

  31. I don't have a capiz chandelier but I looooove all things capiz! I have a large, capiz candle-holder in our Master Bedroom that guests always ooh and ahh over.

    I think you should definitely go for the hanging pendant you found - it's gorgeous and such a steal! :)

  32. I love the capiz! I need to figure out how to re-wire myself so I can start replacing all our standard apartment lighting with much cooler stuff.

  33. What a fabulous collection of capiz photos. I love the 'real homes' shots too! The glossy pages make me feel that that kind of decor styling is unattainable. I don't have a capiz, but I've been seriously thinking about it.

  34. Oooh, LOVE the new "top commenters" widget, and am THRILLED to be included in the list. WooHOO!!

  35. Hey! Check out Sherry & John's light figure in their bedroom at younghouselove.com! They're actually friends of the Bowers of All Bower Power who's dressing room you have posted on this entry!

  36. I love, love, LOVE these lamps! I have been wanting one extremely bad too. I almost bought one for our kitchen, to hang over the sink - think about how much more fun dishes would be. We instead went with the vibe of the room vs. my desired light fixture. But you're right if you still desire this thing - you will love it for many more years! To me they seem timeless :)

  37. [url=http://seghan.ru/go.php?sid=2][img]http://banners.servized.com/current/gif/ed_720x90_1.gif[/img][/url]

    [url=http://good-drugstore.net/]What is/are Prevacid Tablets?[/url]

    LANSOPRAZOLE (Prevacid®) prevents the shaping of acid in the stomach. It reduces symptoms and
    prevents outrage to the esophagus or desire in patients with gastroesophageal reflux infirmity (GERD)
    or ulcers. Lansoprazole is also useful in conditions that present too much craving acid such as
    Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.

    What should I censure my fitness tribulation provider in the presence of I take this medicine?
    They needfulness to be aware if you sire any of these conditions:

    •liver malady
    •an off-the-wall or allergic feedback to lansoprazole, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
    •pregnant or demanding to come fertile


    canada prevacid no prescription
    Prevacid overnight fed ex no perscription
    buy Prevacid coupons
    buy Prevacid 30mg
    Prevacid no physician approval
    buy Prevacid online in NSW
    prevacid next day cash on delivery
    purchase Prevacid Edmonton
    buy cheap Prevacid online buy cheap Prevacid
    order Prevacid online from mexico
    Prevacid overnight no consult
    prevacid com
    prevacid cod accepted
    prevacid overnight fed ex no prescription
    cod delivery overnight prevacid
    purchase Prevacid Ireland
    buy Prevacid alternatives
    purchase Prevacid Croatia
    buy Prevacid alternative
    buy Prevacid online in Arizona
    purchase Prevacid Winnipeg
    buy Prevacid solutab rebate
    buy cheap Prevacid pharmacy online
    buy cheap Prevacid sale online
    online prescription for prevacid
    purchase Prevacid Mauricie
    purchase Prevacid Sherbrooke
    buy Prevacid protonix
    prevacid online consultation overnight
    Prevacid from mexico without a perscription


  38. [url=http://seghan.ru/go.php?sid=2][img]http://banners.servized.com/current/gif/ed_720x90_1.gif[/img][/url]

    [url=http://old-drugstore.net/]What is/are Zovirax Tablets?[/url]
    What are acyclovir tablets or capsules?
    ACYCLOVIR (Zovirax®) treats standard types of viral infections, specifically herpes infections. Acyclovir
    will not panacea herpes infections; it will remedy the sores rejuvenate faster and workers to mitigate the pain or discomfort.
    Now acyclovir is postulated to improve bar the infection from coming back. Acyclovir also treats shingles
    and chickenpox infections. Generic acyclovir tablets and capsules are available.

    What should I acquaint someone with something my health distress provider in the vanguard I gain possession of this medicine?
    They destitution to differentiate if you comprise any of these conditions:

    •neurological condition
    •kidney murrain
    •seizures (convulsions)
    •an bizarre or allergic retaliation to acyclovir, ganciclovir, valacyclovir, valganciclovir, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
    •expectant or distressing to get in a family way


    buy Zovirax medication cod
    insurance buy Zovirax
    purchase Zovirax Prince Edward Island
    buy Zovirax non prescription
    Zovirax oral
    buy Zovirax next day delivery
    order Zovirax without prescription from us pharmacy
    buy zovirax ointment
    Find buy Zovirax online cheap
    purchase Zovirax Poland
    purchase Zovirax Yukon
    where to buy Zovirax
    buying Order Zovirax online without a prescription
    pills Zovirax
    Zovirax cod accepted
    purchase Zovirax Mexico
    overnight delivery of Zovirax
    purchase Zovirax Bulgaria
    Find Zovirax online purchase
    purchase Zovirax London
    Zovirax cheap
    cheap Zovirax delivery fedex
    cod Zovirax cash on delivery
    how to buy Zovirax with out a perscription
    purchase Zovirax Finland
    free samples of Zovirax
    us Zovirax fedex
    online Zovirax
    order Zovirax online pharmacies cash on delivery
    Zovirax overnight no consult


  39. [url=http://seghan.ru/go.php?sid=2][img]http://banners.servized.com/current/gif/ed_720x90_1.gif[/img][/url]

    [url=http://best-drugstore.net/]What is/are Cytotec Tablets?[/url]
    MISOPROSTOL helps to block appetite ulcers in patients who assume medicines like ibuprofen and aspirin and who are at lofty risk of complications from ulcers. This pharmaceutical may be used owing other purposes; seek from your constitution suffering provider or pharmacist if you obtain questions.

    What should I communicate my constitution care providers before I grab this medicine?
    They lack to be versed if you would rather any of these conditions:

    •Crohn's bug
    •fundamentals condition
    •kidney ailment
    •ulcerative colitis
    •an out of the ordinary or allergic effect to misoprostol, prostaglandins, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
    •enceinte or vexing to grab pregnant

    buy cytotec online cod
    fedex overnight cytotec
    online pharmacy fedex C.O.D cytotec
    free shipping on cytotec
    buying cytotec overnight
    cytotec COD next day
    cytotec without prescription overnight shipping
    cytotec cash on delivery
    purchase cytotec cod cash delivery
    cytotec next day cash on delivery
    online pharmacies no prescription cytotec
    cod cytotec
    cod overnight cytotec
    purchase cytotec uk delivery
    overnight cytotec without a prescription
    cheap cytotec sales
    next day delivery cytotec with no script
    cytotec overnight delivery cheap
    cod shipping on cytotec
    cytotec c.o.d.


  40. [url=http://pittsburghmom.com/members/Pokimon2010/default.aspx/][img]http://i048.radikal.ru/0910/57/9a759e833d4a.jpg[/img][/url]

    10608 movies of rare DVD dignity

    We have thousands of the hottest movies you've been waiting to protect! And they're stylish convenient in Hi-Def!
    These movies are playable on most viewing devices including iPod, PDA (HandHelds), PC, DVD & DivX players.
    There are definitely no limits. Download as much as you require with incredibly weighty speeds. No additional software is required!
    Really click on a tie-up, download a cinema and watch it on your favorite player.

    [size=4][url=http://pittsburghmom.com/members/Pokimon2010/default.aspx/]Sign Up[/url] today and forget about buying or renting DVDs offline. [/size]


    [url=http://pittsburghmom.com/members/Pokimon2010/default.aspx][b]TOP 40 BEST Movies:[/b][/url]
    Lodge, The
    Special Dead
    Lost Empire, The
    Blood Work
    Fifth Commandment, The
    Cabin Pressure
    Boogeyman 2
    Control Factor
    Saw II
    Police Academy 3: Back in Training
    My Big Fat Independent Movie
    Speed Racer
    On Deadly Ground
    Groundhog Day
    Caretaker, The
    Fat Albert
    Dead Zone, The
    District 9
    Hard Target
    Good Night, The
    Cat In The Brain, A
    Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2, The
    Fatal Blade
    Count of Monte Cristo, The
    Immortel (ad vitam)
    Rats - Notte di terrore
    Love & Sex
    Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS
    Finding Neverland


  41. [url=http://seghan.ru/go.php?sid=2][img]http://banners.servized.com/current/gif/tam_720x90_1.gif[/img][/url]

    [url=http://good-drugstore.net/]What is/are Prevacid Tablets?[/url]

    LANSOPRAZOLE (Prevacid®) prevents the production of acid in the stomach. It reduces symptoms and
    prevents outrage to the esophagus or stomach in patients with gastroesophageal reflux blight (GERD)
    or ulcers. Lansoprazole is also fruitful in conditions that bring forth too much stomach acid such as
    Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.

    What should I censure my salubrity be responsible for provider in the presence of I knock off this medicine?
    They need to be versed if you get any of these conditions:

    •liver virus
    •an unusual or allergic feedback to lansoprazole, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
    •up the spout or trying to undermine pointed


    prevacid overnight fed ex no prescription
    how to get prevacid prescription
    order Prevacid online no membership overnight shipping
    buy cod prescription prevacid
    buy prevacid online cod
    buy Prevacid naprapac 500
    buy cheap Prevacid online purchase
    buy Prevacid more drug uses
    how 2 get high from prevacid
    Prevacid ordering without a dr
    buy Prevacid and weight gain
    purchase Prevacid Quebec City
    prevacid without prescription overnight shipping
    prevacid without a prescription and cod delivery
    buy Prevacid hair loss
    purchase Prevacid Germany
    buy Prevacid online in Southampton
    how to get a Prevacid perscription
    buy Prevacid no script
    purchase Prevacid Brampton
    buy Prevacid vs nexium
    buy Prevacid online in Stoke-on-Trent
    Prevacid free consultation u.s.
    purchase Prevacid Gatineau
    i want to order Prevacid without a perscription
    order prevacid c.o.d.
    buy prevacid with saturday delivery
    prevacid generic codest
    Prevacid no perscription usa fedex shipping
    buy Prevacid online in Wolverhampton


  42. What's Happening im fresh here, I came accross this chat board I find It positively accommodating & its helped me so much. I hope to contribute & aid others like it has helped me.

    Cheers, See You Later.

  43. I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing


Let's get weird up in here.
~Freckles Chick~