The 4th

Are you sick of 4th of July weekend recaps yet? If so, then this post will bore you to all ends, I promise.

We had our friend from Phoenix stay with us for the weekend. It was laid-back times peppered with grilling out, baseball, and fireworks. All-American in the traditional past-time sense.

The rain let up just before we all hopped on our bikes (how eco-friendly) to head over to the golf course for the fireworks show. It's been raining so much here that we were prepared with a tarp, blankets, and skeeter spray in hand. Well..........our friends Dave and Julie brought a fitted sheet to sit on because that's just how they roll. Then we all got into an argument on how to fold the damn thing afterwards (the "To hell with this, just bunch and roll" vs. "flag-folding" method). I'm sure the family of 6 sitting behind us were much entertained by our colorful language.

Also, I swear that everyone suffered flaming microscopic embers landing in their eyes during the show. I wasn't one of them, but I'm sure the family of 6 behind us also appreciated my words of support which were as follows: "Does it feel like burning?" and "If your eyeballs can still feel, you're OK." and "SHAKE IT OFF, PEOPLE! Do it for your country." And because I was the only one not getting embers in my eyes, everyone thought that was highly suspicious and plotted to leave me behind after the fireworks show.

Here is a blurry pic of our rowdy bunch, you know just in case you'd like to look at a bunch of strange people you don't really know.
And hey if anyone cares, I finally got bangs! It's been 4 days and I'm already sick of them.
They do, however, hide my vast cro-magnum forehead so............ I guess we all win.


Photobucket

Tired kiddos peeking out of their kick-ass all-terrain bike buggy.
These two little rugrats make my maternal urges flutter.
Trust me, that is the highest compliment I could ever give your kid(s).
Photobucket


This is what happens when it's been raining for weeks and your dog is terrified of fireworks.....
he tries to dig himself a muddy hole to hide in.
Edit: This was due to neighborhood firecrackers going off. We left him in the safety of our home when we went to the actual fireworks show!
Photobucket


I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend celebrating our country's independence. =]

31 comments:

  1. Oh Hiro is just too cute! My little dog, Moo, is scared of the fireworks as well. It's horrible. He shakes, hides, and tries to just disappear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiro! He looks like a bear in that picture. Soo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally writing two comments - I'm competitive and I'm pretty far behind Suzie. Love the commentary on your 4th of July - you are hysterical. And your bangs are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like quite a fun bunch to share fireworks with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is the saddest/cutest dog pic ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bangs and I'm with anonymous. Cutest/saddest dog pic ever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well you should be glad to know your recap wasn't boring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at your cute little doggie! Wow, he had a GREAT 4th of July weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your dog is too precious ;)

    ..and your weekend recap was by far the most humorous.

    Happy 4th FC.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awe, poor puppy. He looks super cute though. Mine just runs, with ears back, to get in the house. I love the bangs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. your dog just made me melt! that is the cutest face ever. and i love your bangs! i tried cutting my own, and they are so uneven. i'm too cheap to go to the salon. glad you had a fun 4th!!! and don't worry, i have blurry pics of random people on my blog all the time! haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your bangs look really good. I love sideswept long bangs, though.

    Sounds like you guys had a blast, burning eyeball embers aside, and I can't believe someone would bring a fitted sheet along for their outdoor seating. Odd!

    jbhat

    ReplyDelete
  13. I too love the side-swept bangs! They look great on you! (But I hear you with getting sick of them...I hate stuff on my face.)

    Hiro is ADORABLE!! Poor little pup!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you guys had a great time. And Hiro is too cute for words.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your bangs - love Colorado. looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I too got burned by little pieces of fireworkds this past weekend, wtf?

    OMG, what a precious pic of Hiro...but feel sorry for the poor guy, he's so sweet! Did you all take him with you to the park?

    Last year I made a big mistake taking my girl Luna to watch the fireworks and OH MY! She was terrified and peed on my poor sister!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ditto with everyone on the bangs.

    -I live in CO too! (Loveland)
    CRAZY about the rain, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the bangs...but I feel you on how annoying they can be at times!

    And poor little Hiro, that face just makes my heart melt.

    ReplyDelete
  19. As someone else who has a cro-magnum forehead, I really like the bangs on you!

    Only I don't call it a cro-magnum forehead. I call it a five head. :D

    And awwww poor Hiro. Kitty and Peets just bark like crazy at the fireworks. Its their innate chihuahuaness that makes them think they are tougher than ANYTHING, even little firey explosions, and by god they are going to let you know that by BARKING BARKING BARKING. *smacks forehead*

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooh, Emily bring it! LOL! :)

    Bwahahaha! Aww, Hiro is so freaking cute! He does resemble a bear in this photo!

    Hey, love your bangs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh! And ha, this:

    Hot Dog!

    I have no doubt in my mind that if Petunia could, she would totally do that. I crack up everytime I see it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. You're a riot! Looks like fun! Poor Hiro!He looks like a little bear! I LOVE the bangs!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your recap was by far the best one I've read...and those strangers look like a fun bunch. I have a nasty habit of plastering my friends all over the blog...and tha bangs look great, but I know how you feel...cuteness vs. annoying? annoying always wins!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the nose in the mud look. He's adorable right?

    Was it freezing there on the 4th, too? It was crazy cold here. Now its 150 degrees again.

    ReplyDelete
  25. awww at Hiro! Adorable! Bangs look great chica, good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your dog is so cute, poor thing

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hiro is so cute...love the mud and his eyes say, what mom? I was scared and didn't know what to do and you weren't here and this is how I self medicate...

    Sounds like a fun 4th! And I love seeing pictures of random strangers I don't know!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Poor doggie :) Glad to hear you had such a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  29. this might be the cutest picture of Hiro ever. tell me, did he jump into the tub to hide too? which, of course... would be the best place for him to be with all that dirt on his face!

    ReplyDelete

Let's get weird up in here.
xoxo
~Freckles Chick~