Q & A: Part I

I am in the midst of a couple of 60+ hr workweeks (I know, cry me a river), so please excuse my lack of creative posts! I thought I'd take this time to answer the great questions I received last week.

Here's Part I in deciphering the enigma that is Freckles Chick. =]


live a colorful life said...
Oh, and other than writing a super cool blog, do you have a cool job/profession?
Audrey said...
hmmm... what do you do for a living besides blogging? i always find it interested to see what people's real lives are really like. :P

I don't think anyone in the blogosphere has ever asked me that before! I run 2 physical therapy clinics specializing in sports rehab, as well as a pilates studio. I know, it's like totally glamorous. Just for fun, this is what my drive to work looks like:

Chloe said...
HOW DID YOU GET TO BE SO AWESOME? Oh! And favorite place to eat in Boulder area. :)
Heh, you're awesome, Chloe. I'm a hardcore foodie! I love food and it loves me. I should look into this exercising thing I've often heard about because my metabolism isn't what it used to be. I've always said I can't live in a place that doesn't offer awesome restaurants and Boulder fits the bill pretty well. My absolute favorite is Jax (fun fact:
Top Chef winner Hosea Rosenberg was Exec. Chef there). The food is phenomenal, the oyster bar is top notch (especially for a landlocked state; they fly in fish from the East coast daily), and their martinis are divine. They also give you the rest of the shaker contents to replenish your drink. AWESOME.

I'm also a huge fan of sushi and Sushi Zanmai is always a fun experience; especially love dining in one of their tearooms!

mrs.leah.maria said...
Who would you hang out with for a day {'sides me of course, mkay?}
Present day: Michelle Obama
Past: Coco Chanel & Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
{ But you come in at a close fourth, Leah. }

What's your favorite color?
Without a doubt: any shade of grey. Charcoal, pewter, wispy grey, love it all. Grey paint, grey clothes, grey photos, you name it. I don't like: grey food and grey teeth. Ew.

What is your biggest regret?
I'm such an anxiety-ridden second-guesser, and am slowly learning to just accept my decisions no matter how much I might regret them. My biggest regret however is that I never got to know my grandparents. They lived in the "Old Country" and by the time I was old enough to remember/travel to them, they had passed away. So I've never been able to relate when friends speak fondly of their grandparents, which is a little sad.

What is your favorite youtube clip?
Fun question!! I have a few (can you tell I'm an animal lover?). The 1st one I actually posted last summer on my blog; the YouTube version's too blurry so here you go (having the music on is highly recommended). Blame it on PMS, but this video gets me all emotional.

Where the Hell is Matt? (2008) from Matthew Harding on Vimeo.

J said...
If you had $1000 to spend any way you like, how would you spend it?
We donate to various charities throughout the year regardless if we have the extra money or not so may I be completely selfish here and spend it on myself? I would put the money towards adding on a mudroom to our house. Or put it towards a trip to France. Or go on a manic J Crew shopping spree, where I'd be able to purchase probably 3 things total knowing their pricetags.

If you could only watch one TV show for the rest of your life, which one would you choose?
Would you believe.....I don't watch much TV these days?! So I'm clueless when people at work talk about Dancing With the Stars (Steve-O ? Ballroom dancing?! WTF?) and Lost (I'll probably never know if they ever get off the island--or have they?) and such. My guilty pleasure used to be Lipstick Jungle until they axed it. Hmmm.....I do love me the Food Network and HGTV, so if I had to watch a show for the rest of my life it'd be The Barefoot Contessa or Divine Design. So I'll always get my food and design fix.

Edit: Oh, oh, oh! I do love The Office!

Jenna said...
What do you love/miss about Iowa?
Not knocking the Midwest or anything but since I grew up there, I just thought I'd never miss it.....guess what, I totally do. I especially miss my college town (a Big 10 education kicks ass, I don't care what prestigious/ivy league/specialty big city school you got into) , the "neighborly"-ness of everyone you run into (even strangers), the humidity (never thought I'd say that either), midwest autumns (because we don't get much of a fall season here in Colorado). And strangely enough, the beef. There's nothing like an Iowa steak.

::Dear vegetarians, please don't unsubscribe::

jbhat said...
What are your favorite decorating magazines and catalogs?
There's not much to choose from now that so many shelter mags have gone under. I still subscribe to: House Beautiful, Elle Decor, Martha Stewart, and InStyle (love peeking into celebs' homes). I stopped subscribing to catalogs because I thought it was such a waste of paper since I mostly peruse their offerings online!

What are you doing for the 4th?
If you're bored, you can read about my 4th of July
here. It's a heartfelt story involving flaming embers and a fitted sheet.

Melissa said...
What's your favorite re-watchable movie? (This may or may not be your favorite movie, but it's the one you can watch 100 times and not get tired of it.)
What I tell everyone: Roman Holiday, Love Actually, A Beautiful Mind
What it secretly is: Old School and Bring It On

Worst habit?
Cracking my neck/back in public. It's not exactly healthy. And I wonder why people scatter when they see me.

Simone said...
Do you have any siblings?. If so where are you in the line up.
I have a younger brother (he's 28) who is tall, dark and handsome (and available). He works for the police force and has agreed to not judge my quirky perspective on the world. He even laughed at my marijuana post.

Thank you for your questions!

If you're still interested/not offended/strangely intrigued, stay tuned for Part II.



  1. I love it! Thanks for posting...and are you jealous that we have pretty stellar connections to our local butcher shop (in San Diego)-Iowa Meat Farms? (and guess where their meat comes from). When we want "the good stuff", we get hooked up from there! MMMMM...
    Very cool you run a pilates studio!

  2. I've seen those first two videos you posted, but never the 3rd. I LOVE IT! Stuff like that ALWAYS makes me so choked up!

    You should check out this one, it's ADORABLE!


  3. I absolutely love th Christian the Lion clip - it's so touching. Also, what a beautiful view you have on the way to work :)

  4. These are great! Fun to peek into you life outside of blog world! =)

  5. Your job sounds seriously cool. I'm a little jealous.

  6. This was a fun read! I may or may not have watched Bring It On every time it comes on TV.

  7. LMAO. I think me and you need to get together and hang out sometime. Maybe to, you know, watch Bring It On. Except any sort of body-part-cracking makes me freak the fuck out, so if I suddenly run away from you shrieking you'll uh, hopefully know why.

    Boulder is so pretty. Sooo pretty.

  8. This was a fun read, no surprise! You're awesome.

  9. I can watch the dog bone video over and over again! LOL! I can't believe you miss the humidity! It's kicking my ass big time!

  10. I loved this!

    And holy snotbubble crying for that 3rd video! Holyshit.

  11. I laughed outloud reading about missing the midwest. I grew up in MN and went to Madison and now live in California and all the things that you said you thought you would never miss, I second that. thanks for the post. love your blog and your drive to work is AMAZING!

  12. I love when you do your q&a....now I have done one.....my first one.

  13. Thanks for answering my question FC and your brother sounds like a total catch... ( too bad I'm already married) I mean who does love a tall man in uniform :)

    Love your blog, keep up the good work.

    P.S: I'm also suprised by your line of work I would have assumed graphic designer or something with computers or photography.

  14. @ Erin: Crikey!! You lucky girl, send some of that Iowa meat my way!

    @ Tommy & Allison: Holy snotbubble is right! I blubber away everytime I watch that Christian the Lion video, PMS or no PMS! Yeesh.

    @ Nikki & Chloe: Just name the day/time and I'll be there w/ Bring It On, the dog, and ice cream. No cracking of body parts, promise.

    @ Kristal: I do love my job but I'd also love to look into just being a trophy wife.....heh!

    @ Simone: LOL! I'll let my bro know. =] And I'm flattered that you think I'm creative enough for those professions, thx!

  15. You are too cute. Thanks for answering my question too. A couple of other good mags are Renvoation Style (but it's only quarterly) and of course, Sunset is cool too. (I used to think it was for old people...you know, in the sunset of their lives.)

    I like that you have a public favorite movie and a secret favorite movie. I do that too.


  16. Love the videos! Never seen any of them, and the first two were great, but the third had me blubbering like a baby. Now I'm off to give my puppy dog a huge squeeze . . .

  17. Hey, FC. Thanks for answering my question...along with all the others. Great peaking inside your life.

  18. So fun! I think my favorite answer is that you miss Iowa!

  19. Your drive to work is beautiful. I am a little jealous you live there ; ) My hubs and I had both been there before and still chose to go there for our honeymoon. Love that state!

    I think I could watch youtube clips all day. I had already seen the lion one, but it still got to me...tear. The video of Matt is awesome- who even thinks to make such a thing?! It makes we want to get out of my small little world I live in a little more often.

    Thanks for sharing.

    PS I just gave you a shout out on my blog, because I have read your blog often enough for the color grey to make me think of you...sweet or creepy...you tell me ; )

    I look forward to Q&A Part II

  20. You are so darling. Thanks for cracking me up when you kept it real about cracking your neck/back.

    It feels gooooooooood, huh.



  21. LMAO at your prestigious school comment. Love you. And I totally want your day job.

  22. I'm so pissed they axed Lipstick Jungle. I keep hoping for it to magically return! I refuse to remove the season pass from my TiVo as my silent protest.

    Midwest autumns are one of the biggest reasons I don't think I'll ever move. There's just nothing else on earth like them.

    I love that you love Old School, lol! It's one of my favs too!

  23. LOVE the Q&A idea! (SO bummed I'm not able to comment from my work computer anymore...BOO!) But I do have a question: How did you get the custom color in your bathroom? I think you said it's a custom shade of Revere Pewter? Anyway, I LOVE how it turned out.


Let's get weird up in here.
~Freckles Chick~