Back to reality

~ Our weekend in a nutshell (or if you prefer, "The FC's get ridiculous") ~

Attended a wedding in Vail where we stayed at a charming mountain chalet here :

And saw these dear friends of ours get married.
I am kicking myself for not getting better shots of J's couture dress & her stunning flower-feather-hair-thingy:
Photobucket

The reception site where ridiculous indulgent behavior and hilarity ensued:

And where Freckles Chick was often found doing this (and apparently could do with some teeth-whitening):
Photobucket

What FC also learned this past weekend:
8,150 ft elevation + open bar = really happy/boisterous wedding guests

Exhibit A: The FC's after a few refreshments:
Photobucket

Exhibit B (sorry about the red-eye): These lushes imbibed more martinis, champagne, and vodka tonics than we care to admit. We are not proud of this.
At least one of us misplaced a stiletto, her pride, and/or her husband. Sweet.
Photobucket

And we promptly embraced my ethnicity & of always being the Token Asian Girl by making fun of it.
We lovingly compare the pic above to that game
"One of these things is not like the other...."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK, now I'll stop posting pics of random people you don't know, but I will say that we had THE most fabulous time and I may still be recovering from the festivities. Work is crazy and is getting in the way of my recovery. Will return with home-related blog topics soon!

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend, too!

Note: I really don't drink much excessively, contrary to popular belief (and the constant references to it in my posts). Thought I'd throw that out there, you know, in case any of you were contemplating an "intervention" of sorts. Just thought I'd save you the extra work. Hey, you're welcome, don't mention it. =]

19 comments:

  1. Girl, you and your friends look like some pretty chic ladies! And, your dress is absolutely fabulous. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous!

    LOL! I know all about being the token Asian ! HeHe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You all look so freakin' cool I wanna come to something with your friends just so their coolness rubs off on me.

    PS - You should have had a disclaimer about your alcoholism... wait..... moderate drinking..... earlier. I already called in the television show Intervention. (Is that even still on?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lmao @ "One of these things is not like the other...."

    Good to 'see' you chica!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are so pretty! I love your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You couldn't be any cuter and I too love your dress. In fact, everyone looks lovely!

    jbhat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back! Wedding looks amazing and I LOVE your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I've missed you. Glad you're back. And I think I've come up with the only reason why we can't be BFFs and it rhymes with "I really don't drink excessively". As long as you don't judge me, I'm willing to get over it though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like so much fun! That chalet is so picture perfect! And btw your teeth DO NOT need whitening they look great! I just bought this great whitening toothpaste tho when I was in Vegas called StarBrite by Dr.Debra Glassman and it works soooo good! I got it at our hotel but apparently you can get it from Victoria's Secret too.
    I just wanted to say congrats too on winning Lynett's give-away!!! I so wanted to win that!
    ~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so pretty! I too love my drinkys and also hope none of my friends think I'm a lush after reading some of my posts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a wonderful time! And you looked absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ::blushing furiously:: Awww, you guys!! You are too kind. I can't take credit though b/c the alcohol did give me a rosy glow that I don't normally have. Ha!

    THANK YOU for thinking I look decent, even when I'm all sloppy drunk-like. =]

    (The dress is from Macy's and was soooo comfy.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome dress. I was really excited until I heard it was from Macys. I was just at mine and they don't have it. And I need it this weekend. Thanks for the disappointment. I need a drink.

    Seriously, I don't know you and I miss your posts. I love photos of people I don't know. Especially when they're drinking.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like such a wonderful time! That chalet is just amazing, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful wedding!!! And of course you looked gorgeous, loved the dress!!!!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty! I can't see all the photos though, it says your bandwidth has been exceeded on photobucket. We just returned from Colorado a few weeks ago, it is such a pretty place to get married.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thx DD!!! If you hadn't told me, I would have been clueless! I've fixed the prob now.

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL! So cute, I'm allergic to alcohol, so enjoy it for me! So funny about being the 'token asian', my fiance always says he's the 'token navajo'. And my freckles are not nearly as cute as yours are; you are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Let's get weird up in here.
xoxo
~Freckles Chick~