More adventures with nailhead trim


gra·cious \ˈgrā-shəs\ (adj.):
marked by kindness and courtesy; marked by tact and delicacy; characterized by charm, good taste, generosity of spirit

kind·ness \ˈkīn(d)-nəs\ (n.):
the quality of being warmhearted and considerate and humane and sympathetic

An enormous thank you to everyone who left a comment about our updated house exterior. I will never cease to be honored (and so excited) that you take the time out of your busy lives to leave such sweet, thoughtful, and encouraging words about our work-in-progress home. We are beyond flattered--we're dazed and amazed by your generous compliments! Thank you, readers!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And now, back to our regularly scheduled program................
Remember my search for upholstered dining room chairs here and here? I only needed two (one for each end of the table) to break up the "matchi-/heaviness" of the old chairs we already have.

Through a series of serendipitous clicks late one night, I happened upon these. I haven't been near a Sears in at least a decade! What better time than after a long day of work, in freezing temps, and with a reluctant husband in tow?

Cushy & comfy? Check (our bums are sighing with relief--ooh, talk about imagery......). Tantalizing tufting & turned legs? Check. Curvy camelback? Check. Lovely quality linen? Check. At $99, how could I complain? While Mr. FC was enthralled by the array of shiny hi-def flat panel TV's, I got rung up while he was conveniently distracted busy.
As always, my photos do not capture the true beauty of these guys. The linen's a nice & nubby texture.



I'll eventually paint the turned legs a satin black to match our dining room table. Meanwhile, I wanted to put a "custom" spin on them; thank goodness I've got yards & yards of nailhead trim left over from this project (again, thank you Em for turning me onto this little secret--if we ever meet, I'll totally be on your beer pong team). So while Mr. FC laboriously raked the copious amounts of leaves in our yard, I discreetly drifted away and attached nailhead trim to the chairs instead. I know........ FC = helpful wife.


Don't they sort of look like the love child of Colette & Martine? And "custom" without having to wait weeks and weeks for the upholsterer/furniture store nor having to hand over half of my paycheck. Sorry, but I'm cheap when it comes to certain things.
That's probably why the dining room is so slooooowly coming together.
More to come!
Update: As mentioned in my headboard post (see link above) and this post's comments section, the nailhead trim can be found at most fabric stores, in their furniture upholstery section (mine are from Joann Fabrics).
Hope that helps!


50 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous!! Where did you find that chair?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply stunning. I love them - the chairs are fabulous. Who knew Sears was such a trendy little hot spot? You did an amazing job - beer pong partners for life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you ever get tired of me telling you how beautiful you make everything?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy crap! Sears? Who knew? Another beauticious job FC! This girl is impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sweet buy. they're gorgeous. especially with the nailhead trim.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great find! i love that you added the trim to make them more personal, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice find FC! And I love the nailhead detail! They look fabuloso! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. so great! i didn't even know sears was still in business!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks great FC! where did you get the nailhead trim from? I have been looking and can't find it for my headboard that I plan on making pretty soon using YOUR DIY step by step instructions :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Amy: I thought the SAME thing! They're still around?!

    @ anhesty: Thanks so much! I got thenailhead trim at Joann Fabrics, and I believe most fabric stores carry them! They're in the furniture/upholstery aisle (I had to ask a staff member to help hunt them down.) Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks great! What a cool way to dress up a piece of furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i've always thought about trying nailhead trim, but didn't know if i should try to tackle it... so glad i found this!

    kelly

    ReplyDelete
  13. The chairs look great, I love your custom take on them. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You+nailhead=BRILLIANCE! They look divine! Sears?? I'm going over there right. now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WHOA! They look custom! What a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You gotta tell me where to get those nail head rolls because I went to a local Home Depot and Lowes to ask for them and they look at me like I'm crazy. They never heard of them! Is there an online website that you can purchase it at?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning! Off to Sears...

    jbhat

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wowza! Those chairs are fantastic, and even better with the nail heads!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yowza.

    I want them.

    Not some like them, those exact chairs.

    Seriously considering picking up two chairs for our dining room now. The husband is cursing your name.

    ReplyDelete
  21. GASP!!!!! Truly breathtaking! I thought the chairs were beautiful as is, but you brought it, girl! BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Tres chic. Very custom looking.

    ReplyDelete
  23. They look amazing - LOVE it! ~K

    ReplyDelete
  24. looks great..love the chairs..you do that just to well.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This chair is awesome. So slegant. I'll try Joannes for the nailhead trim to have some on hand. You just never know, and I can never find anything ;-) thank you so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The trim looks great, and I LOVE those chairs! Good find! Good price! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am officially in love w/your blog. It's so simple..yet filled with ideas! Definitely adding you to my blog roll...Luvs it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Another gorgeous makeover by Miss. FC!

    Love them, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  29. So much better than those chairs at Homegoods that the bitchy manager wouldn't discount...

    ReplyDelete
  30. Simple. gorgeous. amazing. Well done, you.

    ReplyDelete
  31. It's always weird over at my blog...and i kinda like it that way. And yes, I kinda think we're comedy soulmates..and booze-y soulmates too :) You make-a me laugh. Blog more! There's not enough blogs with this wacked out sense of humor, ya know? Or maybe you know some. In which case, leave some breadcrumbs for me so I can find them.

    ReplyDelete
  32. You are so smart! I don't think I would have ever thought to do that! They look fantastic, great job! =)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the look with the nailhead trim

    ReplyDelete
  34. ooooohh ... I love it!!! Those chairs are great but the nailhead trim is genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Whoa! The nailhead trim make this steal look like a splurge! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a lovely find! I would have never thought to put the nail head trim on it! Such a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  37. What an incredible idea!!! They looked great before but now they look like a million bucks! Seriously, I hope Santa brings me some nailhead trim for Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wowzers! That looks amazing! Ok,that's it....I'm going out and buying nailhead to do my tufted leather ottoman today. You have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  39. All I can say is WOW! The chairs look great, gotta love that easy nailhead trim!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love those! I can't get over those were only $99. The trim is the perfect finishing touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. beautiful. I wish my college budget could do this!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Freckles! I just wanna say thanks for the link to my lamps!!! You ROCK! I'm glad you like them!

    ReplyDelete
  43. FAB! The nail head detail sets them apart. No pun intended. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  44. OMG FC--this project turned out GORGEOUSLY! The chairs were stunning on their own, but the nailhead trim touch is PERFECTION! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Yay! They look awesome. Can't wait to see the DR come together. I plan on adding nailhead to mine and giving the legs a little bit of help as well! Thanks for the tip-off on DP!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Very beautiful chair... It looks really soft even if we're just staring at those photos. Haha~ :D And love the nailheads that look like studs. :D

    ReplyDelete
  47. wow, such a simple detail did wonders!

    ReplyDelete

Let's get weird up in here.
xoxo
~Freckles Chick~