down & out

01/06/2010 Update: Thank you SO MUCH for your well wishes & concerns. =] Looks like I have a herniated disc in my lumbar region. The downside: I have a notoriously high pain threshold but I can honestly say this is excruciating--like a never-ending Charlie horse cramp grinding into your back & pelvis. The upside: I have a pharmacy of pain killers, muscle relaxers, steroids, and sleeping pills within reach on my nightstand. Wait, is THAT the downside? Wait, where am I and how did I get here ...........
I'm doing physical therapy & I've got a corticosteroid injection on deck.
Then I really hope to be back to blogging next week.
Thank you so much for bearing with me!!!!
**********************************************************************************************************
Sitting here, chuckling to myself.

Well, not exactly sitting so much as laying flat on my back with 40 pillows propping me up.

I just read an email from a dear reader who wants to know if my lack of posting lately is due to anything baby-related. I kid you not when I say that it is the fourth email I've received wondering this. I'm just stoked to be thought of at all. You must be really bored. =]

I am not knocked up. The BlogWorld is booming with babies enough without any help from FC. Though I am pleased that the thought of weird little ol' me adding to the gene pool doesn't terrify a handful of you.

I think I might love you, dear readers.

I have some projects I can't wait to share with you: a front door makeover, a few room updates, some DIY art, a mid century mod score from Mr. Craigs List to name a few.


But alas, I threw out my back recently (degenerative discs--you are so on my poo list) and have been completely useless. I'm waddling around like I have perpetual poopy pants, Mr. FC has to help me get out of bed (and onto the toilet once much to my mortification), I'm peeing a lot (the Vicodin/meds) and I'm constantly cradling my back & stomach. Hmmm, come to think of it, I probably could pass for being with child right now. But instead of a belly full of human, I have a belly full of nachos and pain meds.

So until I can get off my sorry behind to take photos of our decor goings-ons, I'll just bide my time by catching up on reading all of your fantastic blogs.

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

{completely irrelevant photo courtesy of Kishani Perera designs}

30 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about your back!! I've had bulging discs before and they are so NOT fun so I feel your pain. Can't wait to see these projects you've been working on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, so, I just officially fired my twin sister as the head decorator for when Husband and I get around to remodeling (this year! 2010! GOD I HOPE!) and hired you instead.

    Just thought I'd give you a little head's up. Back injuries are NO EXCUSE.

    Happy new year, boulder unbabied buddy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol @ the entire world thinking that any ailment that is affecting a 25-35 year old MUST be pregnancy related. Oofdah.

    Hope you feel better soon! {hug}

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh no! feel better and please come back to blogyland soon!

    p.s. i just recently found your blog and i love your posts/witty humor = )

    -k

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your back, hope you feel better soon! Hope you had a wonderful holiday! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, girl. That's no good. Here's hoping you feel better soon. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i can't wait to see them all FC! and i have been lacking in the posts too. must get back to it. the holidays are soooo busy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boo to degenerative discs!! Hope you recover soon and painlessly as possible! I sure do miss my daily dose of the hilarious and inspiring FC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Feel better soon, FC. I'm glad you are allowing nachos to keep you company.

    Wow, that song, Heaven, was my song with one of my high school boyfriends. Thanks for the memories!

    jbhat

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I was there to share your nachos. and to show you photos of celebrities without their makeup on...it always makes me feel a little better :) miss you girl.

    XO -kb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, I hope you feel better very soon! Is Hiro spooning with you? Oooh, nachos & pills- Sounds like fun! ;)

    Cannot wait for the new projects!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I am sorry to hear about your back.....I hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope your back get better fast! My mom had some problems and had surgery and it got better. Good well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ouch - im sorry about your back. I've done that to myself a time or two and its so terrible to be immobilized like that!

    Cant wait to see what you have waiting for us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw, I hope you're feeling better! I'm feeling a little deprived without your fun decor posts. :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. so so sorry to hear this! that's the worst. :( get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You poor doll! Well, feel better and we all look forward to new posts!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh, I hope you feel better. I've had one of those couple of weeks also and haven't updated my blog either. I'm just starting to catch up on my reading.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh no! Feel better!!! You have been missed. Can't wait to see what you have been up to!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  21. hope you feel better. I know how bad back pain can be. I had my back broken when I was 14 so I have been through it all. Rest up.

    ReplyDelete
  22. :(

    Get well soon, buddy......

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my gosh! I just re-read your last post and I'm now sort of in the same boat! I threw out my back today picking up our little one. Just got home from the chiro...ordering pizza and now downing my first beer to try and mask the pain. I feel better after seeing the doc, but we were suppose to go to a hockey game tonight. NOT happening! Hope you feel better! I'm feeling my age for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Back pain is the worst! I hope the upcoming treatments do the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Can't wait to see these projects you've been working on!

    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete

Let's get weird up in here.
xoxo
~Freckles Chick~