I'm about to find out what happens when a group of 16 13 female friends in their 30's leave their kiddos/pets at home with their brave husbands, head to Napa/Sonoma to stay in a sprawling rented "villa" and spend all day visiting wineries.

I'm on my way to Wine Country, where I'll be savoring these in all their fermented glory.........

and these in all their sparkling, bubbly glory.................
and possibly laugh at the people who drink white zinfandel..........
But first we're stopping in San Francisco for a day...............
This trip might be my last debauchery hurrah because Mr. FC keeps threatening to knock me up. Kidding. Sort of. Maybe. I don't know. I think I say this every year to appease our parents. super awesome.

A gaggle of fun-loving, amazing hoochies women. Do you smell that? Ah yes, it's debauchery in the air. Or maybe that's just Hiro, sometimes I confuse the two scents; they're very similar.

I'm not quite sure if I'll be doing a recap.

I fear you all might lose the very little respect you might have left for me.
Let's just agree to blame the wine.
Actually, let's blame the zinfandel.
Yes, that sounds about right.

(I hope Mr. FC remembers to feed Hiro while I'm away.....)

See you soon!
P.S. I haven't started drinking yet, I swear.

images via google & flickr


  1. Oh you will have so much fun! I went with my best friend (and it ended up being her last hurrah, as you put it) and it was fab!!

    Do you have your wineries planned out? We were suckered into the one with the castle and it was NOT worth it. Castillo di Amorosa is what it is called.

    Outside of some of the lovelies that most people know about (Cakebread, Caymus) we loved loved Darioush (you sit at a private table with your group and the grounds are gorgeous) and one that we went to because it had free tastings in Sonoma called Jacuzzi (it is across the street and a sister of Cline Cellars) - the wine there was outstanding - a TOTAL surprise.

    Our favourite by far for the wine/experience was Duckhorn - the wine is top notch (but expensive, of course) but we sat on the most gorgeous covered porch overlooking the vinyards and it was incredible.

    Anyways - HAVE FUN!

  2. Take me with you, take me with you!!!! This thirty-something needs a girls getaway like ASAP.

    Have a wonderful time and please report back with all of the gorry details when you return!


  3. I'll give birth to this baby today if it means I can come with. I am beyond jealousy and have entered into actually being angry that I can't go with a bunch of strangers across the country to get hammered. Life is truly unfair. But please get knocked up when you get back so you can go through this little piece of hell called sobriety for 9 it for me.

    And if there's no recap, we'll be fighting.

  4. Sounds like a good time to me.

    Peace, Love and Chocolate

  5. ack, this sounds so exciting and fun. i want to do this...but i don't have 16 friends, lol! can't wait to see which ones you go to!

  6. I don't even know what debauchery means - sheesh you're making me feel lame! Have fun.

  7. You girls are probably exactly what our state needs. Maybe you all can whip us back into proper shape. Have a great time!

    P.S. Did my package to you happen to arrive yet?


  8. Oh my gosh so much fun! Any special occasion? Or just a much-needed girls' getaway? I loveee Napa/want to get married there.

  9. Soooooooo freakin' jealous right now! I love San Fran and NAPA and with 16 friends!!!!??? If your friends are anything like my friends, I would be very, very afraid! HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!

  10. i love napa! you will have so much fun! i went when i was four months pregnant with harper though. i demand a do-over on the trip!

  11. Oh my word girlfriend, you'll be in my neck of the vineyards . . . have a fantastic fabulous time !!!! Can't wait to see your pics when you get back!


  12. You are too funny! I know you will have a great time. : )

    And I am pumped there might be a slight chance somewhere down the road for little FCs running around. LOL! ;)

  13. What a blast! Hope you have a super time! Enjoy!

  14. Have a great time! And totally get knocked up when you get home. I want to read what you write when you are pregnant. keehee.

  15. What a great shirt... I can't stand white wine! Have a wonderful time!!!

  16. It sounds like the best trip! You are going to have a blast, girl time is always needed. And with wine, cant get better then that!

  17. Have a great trip! I hope to do this next year - it sounds amazing - and really could anything be better than wine wine and more wine?!

  18. Cue jealousy. I have never been there and would LOVE to go! I am also on the may-or-may-not-be-getting-prego-soon wagon. Soon as in AFTER I'M MARRIED, though. So hopefully that will be next spring. If I can stop drinking wine long enough to plan the damn thing.

  19. I have a 5 year old and a 10 month old and I went wine tasting for a friend's birthday all day one Saturday in May. So this doesn't necessarily have to be your last hurrah. But it definitely took some planning, and I was most definitely dehydrated for about 4 days afterwards. But it was super good girlfriendy fun.

    Have fun!


  20. You really don't have to have kids, you know.

  21. So jealous! Have fun! Drink a lot of wine!


  22. Such girly fun, have a fabulous time!


Let's get weird up in here.
~Freckles Chick~