I usually refrain from posting collections of photos I see on the Old World Wide Web (there are plenty of blogs out there that fulfill this niche and they do it well), but I just couldn't help myself today. Here are some images I can't get out of my head on this Wednesday:

An image from a benefit at the Chicago Museum of Contemporary Art. The manzanitas hanging from the ceiling, the parchment signs, the ghost chiavaris, all those candles!! I adore this setup for all its eerie beauty.

Empty frames never looked so good (can't remember the source, my apologies):

I'm fascinated by Sharon Montrose's animal photos (plucked from Aubrey & Lindsay's Blog).
I love that she uses a simple white background to allow the animal's beauty and personality to shine.

By now, I'm sure you've seen Mila's Daydreams (plucked from Rambling Renovators). Magical. Charming. Simply amazing. Look closely because Mila's mom, Adele, creates these "dreams" out of fabrics & various household acoutrements. Not only is Mila a beautiful baby, she's apparently a sound sleeper too.
Even Mr. FC was enamored: "That is some trippy shiznit."

And for some more cuteness, here.
Incorporate some sloth into your lives (plucked from Door Sixteen) . You're welcome.

How's that for a random/weird post?
You don't have to say it. I know what you're thinking.
As my best friend says, I'm as nutty as squirrel poo.

Happy Wednesday. The weekend's just around the corner!

{ { {
Pssst! Have you entered the Walldecors giveaway yet? } } }


  1. The first picture is breathtaking! :)

  2. I want that "feeling" in my house. The floating branches, the acrylic bamboo chairs, the GOBS of candles. All of it. Gorgeous. Thanks for sharing it! The frames pic ain't too shabby either.

  3. I love the pics...especially the baby photos, they are hilarious!!! I agree their are beautiful photos on blogs and I would rather share and get inspired from them!


    Happy Wednesday to you....

  4. Oh my goodness, the photos of Mila are incredible! How fun! I wonder how her mom has so much time to be that creative with a baby?? Thanks for sharing your randoms...loved every one!

  5. That first picture, the one from the benefit, looks like something straight out of Harry Potter.

    I love love LOVE Mila's Daydreams. Have a baby so you can do take trippy pics, too.

  6. wow. i've never seen that first picture, so thank you thank you for posting!!! xoxo

  7. That first image took my breath away amazing. And Yea for sloths!!!! That video was awesome!

  8. I found Mila's Daydream last week through Nicole @ Makingitlovely. LOVE! That baby sure can sleep.

    Please don't be surprised if my husband writes you an email asking why on God's green earth I want a pet sloth.

  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

  10. I LOVE sloths!!! That was so awesome...made my night(after the pile of dishes that nearly ruined it)!
    Pretty sweet baby too.

  11. i was a bit confused...but entertained nonetheless :))))

  12. I love those picture frames in the hallway. Love it.

  13. I love the dining room set up in the Chicago museum of centemporary art! Fascinating and as you said....erie beauty!

    aka AudreyGardenLady

  14. Oh gosh, those animal prints are too cute! I've seen them in blogland for awhile now and am tempted to purchase some. I don't even have a kid yet, but they are too presh to pass up!

  15. I keep trying to convince my husband that the Sharon Montrose pics are okay anywhere in a house, not just a nursery ;-)

    So far no luck - but I will keep trying!

  16. Hmmm, that sloth is calling my name. I'm still holding out for a Pygmy Giraffe, but if that doens't come my way, I'll go for a sloth. Those pcitures are beautiful. You find the pretty just as well as you create the pretty, FC.

  17. I’ve never posted on a blog before – yet I felt strongly enough to do so. It’s sad that you are promoting the works of Sharon Montrose. This artist uses exotic (and in some cases endangered) species as the focal point of her work (and all without providing a proper explanation as to how she is able to acquire them for her personal use). I believe her work is inhumane, irresponsible and reverses our progress in animal rights, globally. That’s all I wanted to say and I’m not trying to be abusive or argumentative.

  18. @ Melissa: As a strong advocate for animal rights myself, I completely understand your concerns. Perhaps the "About" section of Sharon Montrose's site will help ease your worries:


    She states:
    "The animals photographed for this series are real live animals, raised (and most rescued) by loving and dedicated handlers who care for them as their own and insured their welfare while being photographed. Through this series, we help fund organizations devoted to animal rescue, educational programs, and nurturing wildlife."

    Take care,

  19. Hey!

    Thank you for posting a picture of my work at the MCA in Chicago ! That "scene" was one part of a three pronged event themed "EAT, PLAY, ROCK"...this was obviously the "EAT" portion of the evening. For cocktails ("PLAY") i created an adult playground complete with swing sets, a teeter-totter, grass and chalkboard walls. For "ROCK", we created a down and dirty rock club and Camp Freddy preformed with special guest Chrissie Hynde from the Pretenders. Great fun all around.

    Thanks again for posting my work!!
    Best regards,
    Kim Merlin
    KKM Design Group/BeachHouse Productions


Let's get weird up in here.
~Freckles Chick~