The wall

As we push on with our basement renovation, there's little time for much else around here. So sorry for the lack of posts!  Last week, I finally tackled the empty wall in our master bedroom.  The best part (or the laziest part, not quite sure) was that I worked with what I had laying about the house. 

{Pardon the lighting, it was a cloudy day in 'Rado.}
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

The details:
* I've had the framed photos sitting in my closet forever.  On the left is Hiro from his trip to the Sand Dunes six years ago; on the right is Mr. FC & me at the Devil's Punch Bowl in Oregon 10 years ago.  These were before our digital camera days, and I didn't have the orginal negatives.  So I took them to Kinko's, scanned and enlarged them, and printed them there on photo paper.  They turned out pretty well considering they're scanned images (I adore the bluebird sky evident in both of the photos).

* The "antiqued" mirror was an impulse buy from Home Goods (marked down to $10 due to the smallest chipped corner).  It also waited in my closet for eons.

* Remember my DIY framed lyrics from our wedding? Anyone? Bueller? They finally saw the light of day.

* Manzanita branch courtesy of the fireplace mantel in our LR.  I just tied a nearly invisibile strand of Mr. FC's fishing line around the branches and hung it on a couple of strategically placed nails.  Hmmmm, maybe I'll add an empty frame around the branch.......or spraypaint it a snappy color. What do you think?

* Sadly, no bra on the chair.  It's laundry day.  You know, in case you werere wondering (cough*ahem*Emily*cough).

Thanks for still dropping by this quiet little corner of mine. 
Watch out for the tumbleweeds. =]

22 comments:

  1. As disappointed as I am about the lack of bra, I am glad to hear you do laundry. You know how it's always a question the closer you get to Boulder.

    I love the wall. And I think "framing" the branch could be great! You are so talented FC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really really like how that branch looks. I'm pretty sure my husband wouldn't get it, though. I also LOVE that little mirror!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this looks awesome. I've been looking to do something different over our bed (since the hubs won't let me have a sunburst.. blah blah blah). I think this would be a great idea.

    Consider this idea stolen ;)

    LB

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful!

    You do such a lovely job with styling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you ever get tired of me telling you how FABULOUS you are? Haha....you are SOOOO fabulous my dear. Love it. I am still staring at one corner of my master bedroom. IMO, it is not done till I figure out the so-called blindspot in my bedroom.

    Love the branches and how you ever so delicately framed the single branch. So chic.

    Cheers~
    e

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love the styling!

    I miss the bra too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the black and white against your brown wall. The manzanita makes the whole arrangement just pop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm back with one request re: your basement project. Can you PLEASE draw out the process on your blog for us? Like, I'm thinking a post for every single thought you have in the whole project - like, Well, I first looked at this artwork, and this artwork, but then I decided that artwork in the shower wasn't a good idea so we went to the tile store. More on that in the next post! And then, obviously, have a post with all your differnet tile options. And then a post about your grout options. If you could just continue this across the entire space, it would make my day.

    I woke up snarky. Love you FC.

    ReplyDelete
  9. how fabulous. you have inspired me! once again :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your blog!!!! im a new follower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Em,

    I lurve you. Let me count the snarky ways.....better yet, I whipped up a poll on the cheap using punchy colors to show you.

    All in good fun, my friend......

    Love,
    FC

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wouldn't have thought to put a branch on the wall alongside frames but it looks great! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sure you have it posted somewhere on your loverly blog but I wondered if you might share your paint color? Your room is lovely! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. looks fabulous girly! love the branch~ and your blog is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks really great, FC. I esp. like the mirror. Great find.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just ADORE that branch with that chair. Something about those two together is PERFECT. And the little table. Maybe it's the scale? I don't know. But it's lovely.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like it all!!! Hey what wall color is that? Love all you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks ladies!! Y'all make my heart smile, for reals.

    @ Renae & Michelle: The paint color is Behr Toffee Crunch (flat finish). It's a creamy caramel color. So warm & serene. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cool website I loved reading your info

    [url=http://partyopedia.com]party supplies[/url]

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this wall! What is the paint manufacturer & color you used? It looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Let's get weird up in here.
xoxo
~Freckles Chick~