This & that

Once again, sorry for the sparse posting.  I'm starting to sound like a broken record, I know.....What have I been up to lately? Trying to squeeze in having a life around the basement reno by reuniting with my wine country girlfriends for an evening of wine in Denver, then hosting a baby shower for some other dear friends, all in the same weekend.  Right.  Ambitious FC.   (Then I promptly came down with an awful stomach bug, so I've been kneeling in front of the toilet.  Really, I should've just laid down a towel and a pillow; would've been much easier!)

The baby shower had a fantastic turnout -- over 30 guests in attendance.  The weather gods smiled down on us that day with perfect weather, so that allowed some breathing room.  I'm not much of a decorater when it comes to parties, so don't laugh, all you stylish baby shower hosts. As usual, I was running around like a madwoman amped to an inch of her life on coffee, so here are the handful of pics I managed to get:
Photobucket

Remember this chalkboard? It definitely gets used!
Photobucket

These wrens were inspired by this darling nursery:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


P.S. I'm realizing that I never did a recap of my Napa trip.....well, I say "Napa" but we were really more in Sonoma but we still jokingly refer to it as our Napa trip.  As in, "Hey, remember when we went to Napa but really had fun in Sonoma? Sweet!"  I was horrible about taking photos during the trip and so I've been waiting to compile pics from some of the other gals.  There is this one pic though (taken by my fabulous friend Tina who's currently training for the NYC marathon):
Photobucket


Sooooo....this pic is not confusing at all.  Obviously.


P.P.S. On a different note, the email question I seem to get the most is "What are the paint colors throughout your home?".  So until I have a chance to add a thorough home tour tab at the top of my blog (does the year 2012 work for you............), I've taken the shortcut approach.  I've listed the paint color/brand under each of the room pics on my sidebar.  Hope this helps & happy painting!!

11 comments:

  1. Ugh. The stomach bug. One of the worst things ever.

    Monogrammed pumpkin by your front door--genius!

    Cupcakes--yum.

    Yeah, the picture, so NOT confusing....hmmmm.

    And thanks for the list of paint colors. I was just about to email you about that. Again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better. And hey, stop apologizing for how often you post. No one is going anywhere, and it's your blog, so whatever works for you should work for the rest of us.

    I think your party pics look just lovely. And your SoNapa trip looks like it was a hoot.

    jbhat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Napa = jealous. Wine in Denver = jealous. And that babyshower decor is darling - I'm doing the onesies on a clothesline thing next month for a babyshower, I'm happy to see it doesn't like the party caught me in the middle of laundry day!

    Now, about that stomach flu...

    ReplyDelete
  4. FC, I miss you, dear. Thanks for the sweet email about Dave! You're a sweetie. : D And, sorry you're feeling ill...I hope you kick that sickness ASAP!

    And, I almost bought that monogrammed pumpkin you have by your front door...it's from Hobby Lobby, right? But, instead I think I'm going to try DIY with a faux pumpkin from Michael's. We'll see how it goes!

    Talk with you soon!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you are still kicking. I think your baby shower decor is beyond cute! I love the wrens, the clothes, the paper lanterns -- but when I saw those adorable cupcakes...Ummm...food is the heart of EVERY event for me {and wine too}.

    Ok..I will say it -- as weird and single white female as it sounds but I missed you.


    Your posts ALWAYS make me smile if not belly laugh. Just promise me you keep kicking about -- I don't know what I would do if you went completely awol.

    As for the tummy troubles...so sorry. I hate that feeling. So to make up for those ickies...go try on your thin jeans {we all have them} and radiate in them without the dreaded "Shar-Pei" belly peeking out. It is the only good thing about tummy troubles..it is like being Hollywood skinny for a day or two.

    Love you my dear!!!

    Cheers~
    e

    ReplyDelete
  6. The clothesline idea is adorable! And I love the bird detail. Your house is so fab, you wouldn't have to lift a finger and people would think it is great...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your shower looks like it was a huge success. Awesome work, FC. =) Not that I'm surprised. YOu ooze class. (Although class doesn't really ooze, does it?)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you feel better!

    Seriously, your baby decor is adorable and I have always loved your manzanita branch decor. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a darling shower!
    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great baby shower! love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute idea to hang onesies like that. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Let's get weird up in here.
xoxo
~Freckles Chick~