Waldo (I'm a fan)

Can you tell that I raided our renovation supplies to make my Halloween costume:
Photobucket
Photobucket


That is white duct tape from Mr. FC's supply closet, y'all.  And a rice crispy treat in my right hand (priorities).  Presumptuous of me to say, but if you ever thought I might be someone you'd like to meet in real life, think again.  If you've never thought that, then never mind.
 Things I learned:
1. No one sells red and white striped tops for women, perhaps for fear of being mistaken for Waldo (Wally to the British). Or a candycane. So I made one using a red tee & white duct tape.
2. Don't tape your shirt before putting it on (the shirt won't stretch to make room for your  "girls").
3.  "My stripes are tight." Don't tape your shirt if you plan to eat a lot. I like to eat. A lot.
4. Who needs wine when you can get buzzed up thanks to the duct tape fumes wafting from your Waldo shirt.
5. An alarming number of people don't know who Waldo is. What. I got a lot of "Who's Waldo?" and I was all "No, where's Waldo?" It was all very confusing.
6. You'll be glad to know that my costume didn't hinder my Halloween beer pong capabilities at all. If you're appalled that a bunch of supposedly sophisticated 30-somethings still play beer pong, don't fret.......there were absolutely no kegstands
7. For once, I didn't have the sluttiest costume. 
8. Rice crispy treats dyed black are a fun surprise at a Halloween party (they sort of sparkle).
9. That black food coloring is not such a fun surprise once you've gone to the bathroom the next day. In fact, it's downright alarming.
10. Hiro's not a fan of Waldo.  He's still peering at me suspiciously.


** No, we did not hang out in the garage all night.  The party was in my friend Julie's immaculate, tastefully decorated house.  The garage was for beer pong purposes only.  We're considerate like that.
** Those few minutes you just spent reading this ridiculous post? Sorry that you won't ever get those minutes back.  =[

39 comments:

  1. Love it! My boyfriend was Waldo this year. I was Carmen Sandiego. We were able to find a red/white striped shirt for him, but we did use white duct tape for the red hat we found for him. Red and white striped hats = NOT EASY TO FIND.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gah I love you. You just solidified yourself as someone I need to meet IRL. Mr. B was Waldo 4 years ago (I was the Cat and the Hat - go big on the red and white stripes or go home, I guess?) and we had to spray paint his stripes on. Talk about Fumes - you and Mr. B probably have the same amound of brain cells now gone thanks to a Waldo costume. Love your costume!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "5. An alarming number of people don't know who Waldo is. What. I got a lot of "Who's Waldo?" and I was all "No, where's Waldo?" It was all very confusing."

    You are hilarious. I love your house and I love a good chuckle in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My family is English, so I grew up with 'Where's Wally'. I'm still getting used to this Waldo guy. ;)

    LB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahah I love it! Can I steal this for next year?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totaly want to meet you! You just started my day out on the right foot. And those minutes spent reading your post? Uh, don't need them back--they were very well spent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so funny...'who's waldo?'

    you look adorable..in a nerdy juno kind of way...you can totally work that look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hilarious! I like #5 and #9. Alarming indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a fantastic costume, and you look adorable. Our kiddo is totally into Waldo, so I may need to file this idea away for next year.

    jbhat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hilarious! I love your costume and your "Things I learned" even more. Please blog more often. Kthxbai

    ReplyDelete
  11. Argh! You're cute, too! I officially hate you. j/k

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mm I love this post. I'm glad I wasn't the only "adult" playing beer pong on Halloween.

    P.S. - There may have been a kegstand or two at the party we were at. So way to one-up me on the grownup scale.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Take all my minutes you want, this was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a great costume idea! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was having a crappy day and *hoping* you had a new post to cheer me up. Mission accomplished!

    Oh! and I would add "beets" and "oreos" to #9

    ReplyDelete
  16. bwahahahahahaha! THE BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha. Yup, I still want to meet you IRL. ; )

    You're too funny and I think you'd have me cracking up the whole time!

    And, when did your hair get so long? Consider me envious. : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. They make striped dog sweaters! My boston terrier was waldo last year!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have a really hard time believing that any 30 yr. old wouldn't know who Waldo is. But then I'm always shocked when people don't know who Carol Burnett is. Or Willie Nelson. Or somebody else totally obvious and famous. Granted Waldo is not human, but still...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the laugh at work today! I love the white tape around your bod - I can imagine that must have impeded on your food belly opportunities. But it shur looked cute!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the costume - esp. the glasses and hat. And props to you for even thinking of using white tape. You are a genius. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Me-likey-a-lot Freckles Chick! Although in my world (Australia) it's also Where's Wally? and his side kick is the female Wenda. So I'm seeing you as Wenda. We've all 6 of the Where's Wally books, and it fools the grandparents everytime. They think how intelligent the little kids are! Ha! :) You look great, and pleased to hear that you can still enjoy a beer. x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ok...I seriously about fell out of my chair with #7...you my dear always make me laugh.

    Cheers~
    e

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a cute costume. Good thing you're such a doll!
    xoxo
    Lila Ferraro

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are hilarious!! my boyfriend went as Waldo too!! great costume :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. hahaha... awesome costume! And now I'm curious what black food coloring does :/

    ReplyDelete
  27. How do people not recognize that costume??

    I went as Waldo two years ago (luckily, I did find a red and white striped shirt!)

    Love the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  28. At the risk of sounding needy - I need you to post something please. I check and I check but no postez!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Frickin' hilarious! Using the white duct tape was very clever, and I'm very impressed with the straight stripes. I can't believe people asked who's Waldo!

    The three minutes it took to read this were well-spent. I don't want them back. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let's get weird up in here.
xoxo
~Freckles Chick~