Basement reno: walls & stuff

How do you bloggers do it? Juggling kiddos, jobs, and reno projects while still blogging regularly? We don't even have offspring and I can barely manage ONE blog post every week and a half. However you manage it, bravo my friends, bravo.

I swear I'm not trying to hold out on you when it comes to basement reno progress photos. I'm grateful you're even still interested after all this time. I truly haven't had the time to organize the gazillion pics we've snapped of the process. And for a while, there honestly wasn't enough noticeable progress to actually document.

Renovating a completely unfinished basement is quite the journey, littered with headaches and decisions (duh).  The planning stages alone were enough to make me lose it, but that's because I'm so impatient that this one time I got yelled at in a yoga class for speeding thru the poses.

Anyway, here's where we're at so far ----> warning: a crapload of pics coming up. I'm posting so many because I don't want to forget how far this space has progressed (and also to prove to our friends & families that we really do have a basement--HA!).

I tried to group the pics so that you can see each area 's progression:
unfinished --> framed --> drywall --> painted (Benjamin Moore Gray Owl)

{ hallway looking into family room }
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


{ office }
( I wanted to get a picture of me perched on our old toilet whilst peering thru the window, but a) Mr. FC ran away muttering something about "work to do" & b) I couldn't figure out the self-timer on our camera.)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

{ guest room }
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

{ bathroom }
Photobucket


{ family room }
Photobucket
Photobucket

{ family room -- other side }
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

{ one of the new windows }
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Insulation, soundproofing clips, & drywall.....lots & lots of it.
Photobucket

Mr. FC had to help re-route some plumbing which included cutting into concrete.
Photobucket

The Hairy Monster's exhausted.
Having to keep tabs on the contractors & the new smells (in addition to his regular squirrel-patrolling duties) is tough:
Photobucket

Are you still with me? Yeah, me neither. =]
Next up: installing the baseboards & tiling the bathroom.
Peek into more of the basement project here.

20 comments:

  1. Wow! You guys have been busy! It looks AMAZING and I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, wow. You have been busy and it is looking mighty fine.

    I cannot wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. walls!!! I love walls!!!! :)
    One day I wish for walls in our never-ending bathroom project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you basement is HUGE! You definitely have a project ahead of you! Good Luck and can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's coming along great! Can't wait to see the finished product :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dear...you make insulation and drywall FABULOUS. :) I will always be interested. You know we are sisters as it is.

    Hope the week is delightful for you.

    Cheers~
    e

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so good already! I can't wait for my basement to get to the whole drywall and paint stage. (Anytime now, c'mon…)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your basement progress. if I scroll down really quick, it's like a stop-action movie. Or a flipbook. Either way, brava. BRAAAAVA!

    I see Hiro is no fan of Miranda.

    And having a babe means you can post one funny face picture and call it a blog day. So get on it Mr and Mrs FC, procreate already! For the sake of the blog!

    Sorry I'm a creep.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am still in the midst of my mini basement reno and can totally feel your pain. Such good progress on yours. Totally loving how the space is coming together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks so great! Is that little hole in the wall in the bedroom where you keep the unwanted guests?

    I think Hiro may want to come to the Lou and hang with the Midge when he's done catching up on Sex in the City.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that looks awesome even if it took you what feels like forever to get that far. I totally hear you on the not having much time to blog thing. I've been struggling to barely keep up and I don't have a kid. Guess you have to quite your job and be a full time blogger to do that.

    Keep up the good progress! I can't wait to see the new basement furnished.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's amazing!! Thanks for the peek at the progress.

    jbhat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow it's looking great. So much easier to visualize once walls are up. Have fun with the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  14. sometimes you're gone so long I begin to worry...maybe you passed out in the back of a pick-up, or maybe you were snatched up by Waldo fanatics...really my mind runs wild. then I find out crap like you were in cabo..and I don't worry, I just get annoyed...and jealous.

    either way, that basement reno is serious...hard core really! You need a monogrammed toolbelt after this project! I can't wait to see it...even if you put the second most stunning tile on the walls. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can relate to you on 2 notes.

    1. We redid our bathroom this year - which included moving a lot of walls - it was torture. The dust, the repainting - all of it was a nightmare - I never appreciated walls so much in my life as when they were finished.

    2. I have no offspring. I work full time though (and sometimes at another job) and have some commitments on the side as well. But nonetheless sometimes I find it hard to post once a week. I'm at zero this week. 0, goose egg, nada. Some of these bloggers just amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. O Holy Night, Freckles. This is looking great. You have been bus-y. I really like the ceiling and the windows. It doesn't even look like a basement. Amazing. Can't wait to see more.

    Do you think you can come over and help us with mudding and taping? We're over it and it looks like you have it down pat.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a reno from Income Property on HGTV. Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Holy Crap! That's a sh!tload of work!

    I cannot wait for the bathroom to be finished as well as the other spaces.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh oh oh! This is VERY interesting and exciting to me! We have a big unfinished basement that we're going to start working on this year, so this helps me to envision how it will all happen! And holy crap, we have to re-route some of our plumbing too, and my husband JUST spent this weekend cutting out a bunch of concrete! So I'm definitely going to have to come back again when I have more time to read through all of this!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is looking spectacular!

    Is that little cubby in the bedroom where you keep the unwanted guests? lol

    ReplyDelete

Let's get weird up in here.
xoxo
~Freckles Chick~