Cabo

We snuck away to Cabo San Lucas last week, along with our fabulous friends, Jeremy & Michelle.  Made sure we kept cellphone/computer usage to a minimum..............going unplugged, I tell you, it's the key to true relaxation.  Our days were spent swimming in the Sea of Cortez, snorkeling amongst the schools of rainbow-colored fish, digging our toes in the sand, and lazily lounging by the pool. The hours were whittled away, reading every magazine one could find at the resort shop, imbibing fresh mojitos & bellinis, & surfing the turquoise waves (OK, that was Mr. FC, not me).  The toughest decision we ever had to make was where to eat: a beachfront restaurant or one of the bistros scattered on the sand? Ah, we could get used to this.....we are so thankful for this rejuvenating Cabo experience.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
We managed to find the Iowa v. Ohio St game......just in time to see the Hawks lose =[
Photobucket
Photobucket
Fresh-from-that-morning locally caught fish.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Dinner on the beach.

If you celebrated Thanksgiving, I hope yours was a joyous one.
What am I thankful for? The little things in life, our health, family, & friends.
And last but certainly not least, you all, my amazing readers.
Your support via comments, emails, & simply reading gives me such hope and happiness.
I am indebted to your kindness. =]

{ Stay tuned.....I have some basement reno pics to share soon! }

21 comments:

  1. Okay, so I guess this serves as proof that you were really in Cabo! ;) You guys are so cute...and your pics are amazing! It appears you and I are cardi-junkie-twins, no?

    My hubby and I have always taken a trip a year...even now, and leave the kids behind. I think it's the best thing for our marriage. Vacation is certainly cheaper than couples therapy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just got back from Cabo the week before Thanksgiving... and I STILL haven't posted pictures yet! You are on the ball! I agree... the key to relaxation is to stay unplugged and just enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Just wanted to introduce myself - I'm Jealous :)

    And seriously? That pattern in the sand? Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so jelly! nice tan FC. glad you had a good time. welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back. We've missed you 'round here. Cabo looks fabulous! So jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving! My invite must have gotten lost in the mail. No seriously, looks super relaxing. =)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. And I thought you were just not posting...what the heck! Fantastico!

    jbhat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super great pictures. although I don't think we can be friends after all. You look WAY too good in that bikini! Anyway, when we were in Cabo I was amazed at the upscale shopping center with the super upscale public bathroom. Yeah, I'm easily impressed...

    ReplyDelete
  9. At least you got to watch the Hawks lose from a bar in Cabo. I was watching it in person in freezing cold Iowa City. I'd much rather have had the option to immediately go lay in the sand!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yumm! Wish I was there right next to you! Looking good, girl, looking good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos!! Now I need a trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So, I'm seething with jealousy. Next Thanksgiving why don't you cook dinner for my family and I'll wear a bikini on the beach in Cabo with your friends? Totally reasonable trade, right?

    Also, I just received an OB recommendation rave in Boulder - so if you're seriously looking, hit me up. You know how to reach me. And I'll hit you up when my knee doesn't improve for the name of your PT place. We can be medical buddies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is that the sand raked into that pattern? Amazeballs! I'm so jealous - you get so tan. And you went somewhere that is not in WI. Not that you're ever in WI. You know, whatever.

    You're pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey lady! Love to see this post and your kind words on my little blog today. You seriously brighten my day.

    And, I must say you and Mr.FC are looking mighty fine in your beach attire. Love it. ; )

    Oh, and please come to St. Louis, soon, K? Or, I'll come to CO...either way our meet-up should be sooner than later!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a well-deserved vacation! I hope you had a blast!

    LB

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow..one day i will go and do the same...looks like a BLAST! Oh and the food YUM... :) it's always exciting when i go away and eat different types of food... :))))


    www.madebygirl.com
    madebygirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now that's my kind of vacation! The pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey,

    Thanks for sharing the link - but unfortunately it seems to be down? Does anybody here at freckleschick.blogspot.com have a mirror or another source?


    Thanks,
    William

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well here I am freezing on my sofa and looking at you Miss Hottie in Cabo! Yep...I am jealous. I love it all...the sun..the sand..the food...oh my! I could just turn up the heat but I am a cheap skate when I am home alone.

    Hope all is well in your neck of the woods. We need some chat time..I need your feedback on something when you get a chance. :)

    And just so you know...I am ever thankful for your friendship.


    Cheers~
    e

    ReplyDelete
  20. Could you guys seriously be any cuter!? Love this recap.

    ReplyDelete

Let's get weird up in here.
xoxo
~Freckles Chick~