A cork board & nekked Pilates

I have approximately 92 items on my To Do List.  What's not on that list: sprucing up a bulletin board.

But I totally did it anyway.  Because it was more entertaining than #17 on the To Do List (scrape paint off door hinges) & #4 (get blinds for atrium window so neighbors don't have to put up with me in my underwear doing my Pilates workout) .

Just kidding about the Pilates in my underwear.......I actually do Pilates nekked.  'S okay, I clean the mat after every use.  So......

Inspired by Bryn's cork board (which was inspired by Erika's), I made a mini version of my own.  I skipped the spray adhesive part because the lady at Michael's thought I looked shifty & wouldn't sell me any which worked out just fine.  <---------- from naked Pilates to inspiring bloggers to glue-sniffing assumptions, that is my best segue ever.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The spruced up board will hang in my newly defined office nook.  We recently moved the former office downstairs to the finished basement, where Mr. FC (who works from home part of the week) has his own legit office & I (who really only need a horizontal surface so I can blog/keep up correspondences/search YouTube for inappropriately funny videos) get to make this nook my small corner of the world. 

Photobucket

More on this nook and the finished basement  soon (just waiting for some small finishing touches).

P.S. Someone needs to cut me off from linen & nailhead trim; all the rooms in my house are starting to look same-sies.

P.P.S.  And here is an example of one of those aforementioned YouTube videos. 
Checking things off my To Do List is awesome.

17 comments:

  1. Looks great! I have some extra nailheads laying aroun so I think I'll try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! glad you have your own space, too. Looking forward to seeing more from that famous basement of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. I just posted today a whole list of things I need to get done, using the title of Steven Tyler's new book. I probably won't read the book but the title is genius: Does the noise in my head bother you?

    Love the bulletin board makeover, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a seriously funny video. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I will start where you leave off on the whole linen and nailhead trim. I have a king sized headboard that I got off the side of the road...and my plans? Nailhead trim and linen. LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea. Now I just need to do it...after boards. Maybe........m a y b e.

    Cheers~
    e

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh - I want to do the same thing to the old bulletin boards I have sitting in my basement. I love how sophisticated something so cheap can become!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bulletin board turned out fab. I love that little desk you've got! The turned legs are amazing!

    That video is beyond ridiculously awesome. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad an item on your list included posting! Love that board!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, I love it! I did this project in my office too except in white! Can't wait to see your office finished.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks great FC! And so happy to see a post from you chickie! Miss your crazy antics!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how I love your blogs in the morning! : )

    Also, was that new desk from Home Goods? I totally wanted my SIL to buy it as a sofa table!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm SO glad you're back :-)....you were missed! Ali

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't worry about the linen and nailhead, that is so classic and should be in every room! I love that video, I saw it awhile ago and almost cried laughing at the cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you're on apartment therapy re-nest! http://www.re-nest.com/re-nest/renovation/10-whole-home-renovations-you-can-follow-along-148077

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the window treatment been trying to find window shade like that where did u find it???

    ReplyDelete
  16. @ Anonymous: It's a grasscloth roller shade from Home Depot! They come in various widths but you can also have them cut the shades to your desired width right there in the store too. The shades come already lined with a privacy backing so just enough light filters in but you still can walk around naked (only if you want to of course, ha!).

    ReplyDelete

Let's get weird up in here.
xoxo
~Freckles Chick~