Appreciation & peonies

You, my friends, sure know how to make this girl's heart burst with happiness.   I can't tell you how blessed I felt to read your well wishes.  Your sincerity puts me over the moon. I don't know what I did to deserve such kind, wonderful-spirited readers.  Thank you for your friendship & readership.  Know that I read and appreciate every single comment you leave on this humble blog of mine.

On a different note, mind if I share a shot of the Whole Foods peonies Mr. FC surprised me with last week? 
They were tight little pink balls (giggle) & literally bloomed into these luscious beauties overnight.
Photobucket 
 Isn't that so sweet, you could just vomit
Dear Mr. FC, you are definitely awesome. 
Now quit being so romantical-like, you're scaring us both.

P.S. Some of you asked how I am feeling; thank you so much for asking.  I'm feeling great!  I was lucky enough to skip the so-called morning sickness/nausea phase entirely (there's still plenty of time left, I guess).  Again, what did I do to deserve that bit of good fortune????  Other than the sheer exhaustion in the 1st/early 2nd trimester, I am loving being pregnant.  I'm getting a kick out of feeling the peanut's tiny fluttery kicks.  Also, thanks to prenatal Pilates/yoga, my lower back & discs are in good shape so far; I highly recommend them for anyone pregnant or not.  And no particularly "weird" food cravings yet........unless your definition of weird encompasses microwave popcorn garnished with French onion dip (then we are now in a blog fight).

P.P.S. Not to get inappropriate (when has my blog ever been appropriate, let's be real), but pregnancy has spun my boobs out of control (well for me, anything's an improvement).  I no longer look like I'm smuggling raisins.

P.P.P.S.  If that image also makes you want to vomit, just scroll back up & stare at the peonies for a bit.  You guys are the best.

What are your favorite blooms?
Anyone lucky enough to have your own peony bush?
(We tried but failed. Darn dry, Colorado clay soil.)

14 comments:

  1. Actually, peonies are my absolute favorite flower. Go Mr. FC! He did great. Happy belated Father's Day to him as well.

    When you wrote "smuggling raisins" I laughed out loud. Hard.

    So glad you are feeling great. I hope it continues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are beyond wonderful! I am going to adore this PG adventure with you. I love your humor and love that I am not the only one who relished in getting boobs. I say take some hot boudoir pics..of the "upper" realm for keepsake for you and yes maybe the hubs too...but trust me..you will be so giddy in being buxom..heck..I think that is why I breastfed for a full year. :)

    Cheers~
    e

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smuggling raisins!! LOL

    That was awful sweet of your sweetie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny! Hey, upping your mosquito bites to a healthy cup size is the total bonus of being knocked up! Plus I hear you get really horny, so your hubs gets a bonus, too! HA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah congratulations on your pregnancy! And the boobies:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the peonies!

    I was just in the pool today thinking, wow, am I ever glad that so far these boobs are staying delightfully the same (since I'm already a D, I'm a bit wary of them getting much bigger). But I can totally appreciate someone smaller seeing it as a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww... what a sweet guy you have. Pretty flowers. I'm glad you are having a good pregnancy! Hope it keeps up and you sail through it with big boobs intact.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thumbs up to Mr. FC. Well done sir, well done.

    My favorite blooms EVER are tiger lilies. Next summer I 100% plan on ripping up whatever craptastic bushes are in front of our porch and I am planting tiger lily bushes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I once had a freeze dried peony, and it was the most exquisite thing. It was trapped in that delicious state between being coiled shut and almost open. I wonder where I can get my hands on some more?

    Nice move, Mr. FC. Keep those posies coming.

    jbhat

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a hydrangea girl myself. Did I spell that correctly! I just discovered your blog today- very cool! Have a great day and weekend-
    Megan
    http://cottagebluedesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don’t like flowers because they attract bees.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hydrangea, but peonies are a close second!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwww, so sweet.

    HeHe and your bewbies are only gonna get bigger!

    ReplyDelete

Let's get weird up in here.
xoxo
~Freckles Chick~