Showered: baby shower #1

My amazing co-workers, Maxine & Heather, threw a wonderful work baby shower for me this past weekend.  I'm used to being the hostess rather than the hostee (word?) so when a party is given in my honor, I'm just blasted away by the kind gesture.  I'm one of those people who feels guilty for being the guest of honor.  All these people took time out of their day for me? I was definitely blushing up a storm.

Ready for a bunch of pics of people you don't know? =]

Pearly grey invites with foil baby feet from Papyrus:
Photobucket
Photobucket

Co-hostess Heather (or as I call her, "my legacy" as she's taking over for me when I leave).
She is so dependable, candid, & freaking hilarious.  She makes work not feel like work!
Photobucket
Photobucket

The deliciously decadent red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting.
I was so enamored by this confection........pearlized frosting, sparkling sugar, raspberry roses, the Peanut's monogram and all.
Photobucket

Co-hostess Maxine serving up the cake.
Love this girl.  We often joke that we're each other's token Asian friend.
It's like we both win.
Photobucket

The onesie/bib decorating station:
Photobucket

My adorable little helper (that's his mom to the left, one of my favorite coworkers/people).
Photobucket
Photobucket

I've always known that my co-workers were generous but they really went above & beyond for my shower.
Amongst the stuff they gifted us was the car seat we registered for.................
Photobucket

.........and these fabulous ladies also got me the loveliest diaper bag which is en route.
Mr. FC's going to love carrying this chic thing around, HA!! 
Photobucket

 One of Maxine's gifts was a bundle of thoughtful "freebies" (e.g., babysitting services so Mr. FC & I could have date night, run errands, etc.).  I was stoked!!Photobucket

"OMG, finally it's an ethnic-looking baby on the box......she could totally be mine!"
Photobucket

"Hell yeah I'm getting an epidural!"

These ladies are the best colleagues anyone could ever ask for.
We're a tight-knit bunch. I'm going to miss the comraderie like mad.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

It was such good times.
Nothing compares to seeing your co-workers buzzed up on mimosas, trying to decorate onesies & bibs.
Warms my heart.

Edited to add: Thank you so much for all your kind comments!!  You're making this preggo chick, who feels like she's currently carrying a bowling ball around, positively glow.  I've gotten emails inquiring about my outfit; here are the sources:
sweater dress
boots (stone leather color)
necklace

20 comments:

  1. What a beautiful shower. And your captions made me lol. You look adorable!! And maybe I missed it, but what is your little lady's name going to be? The only Q names I could thing of were Quinn or Quinlyn. I love both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun all around! The food looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a thoughtful shower for you, FC! Those ladies are super fashionable and it looked like a lovely time. I can't believe you are getting so close!!! I'm so excited for you and the Mr. !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Kristal: You are so sweet, girl thank you!!!! I haven't mentioned her name yet but it's the first one you mentioned. =] We didn't see the point of keeping it a secret but at the same time, we only mention it if someone asks. Her middle name is a secret though....just for the small element of surprise, heehee.

    @ Comeca: The food was so delicious! I ate to my heart's content. Nom nom nom.

    @ Joi: I heart you, girl. =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shower! I LOVE your dress - I will be needing one like it soon. Please tell me where you got it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the shower and all of your witty captions! :)
    I love to follow your blog and hope you don't think me stalkerish when I say I'm looking forward to hearing more about the little peanut!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Stephanie: Thank you so much!! I'd love to say that it's a cashmere sweater dress from some fancy place but nope, ha! It's a very comfy sweater dress from Old Navy's maternity line (which at my local store is nestled amongst the childrens' section). Also available online:

    http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=48687&vid=1&pid=855637&scid=855637002

    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, that does help a bunch! Thanks! I'm glad it's in my price range; I didn't want to spend a boat-load on a piece I'll wear for a short period of time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Genelle: Not stalker-ish at all! I'm the same way! It gives me the warm fuzzies that you care, thank you so very much. =]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delightful! You are going to be a fun and wonderful mom. I can just tell already.

    jbhat

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great shower! My favorite picture was the one with the caption "hell yeah I'm getting an epidural"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Could you be any stinkin' cuter?! Love the pics. What a celebration!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a nice day you had! I am very happy for you and you look adorable pregnant.

    Renee - ohio

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are such a hot pregnant lady! So skinny! And I want to eat that cake! MMMmmmm...cake. I want. Congrats! The end.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful shower. What a blessing to have awesome friends! And you looked absolutely stunning!
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  16. YOUR ALL BELLY GIRL. YOU LOOK GREAT.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely shower! You look beautiful (love the outfit!) and it looks like you work with an amazing group of ladies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am a recent graduate of cu and was wondering where in boulder the delicious looking red velvet came from?

    Congratulations on your baby and you have done such a wonderful job on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  19. @ flibbertigibbet: Thank you so much! Go Buffs! The red velvet cake is from Shamane's:

    http://www.shamanesbakeshoppe.com/

    Her cupcakes are also to die for. =]

    ReplyDelete

Let's get weird up in here.
xoxo
~Freckles Chick~