Showered: baby shower #2

This is the last baby shower post you'll have to put up with, I swear.

This past weekend, my kick-ass girlfriends Christina & Julie, hosted Baby Shower #2 for me & the Peanut. As I've mentioned before, I'm not accustomed to being the center of attention (hey, stop rolling your eyes skeptically) so I was feeling beyond blessed to be surrounded by such amazing ladies.  I don't know what I'd do without girlfriends. These ladies are total lushes awesome, through & through. They will make you pee from laughing; a true friend is one who makes me lose control of bodily function.

Julie & Christina incorporated Baby P's nursery colors, raspberry & gold, into the shower scheme.  Not easy to find raspberry stuff (fuschia or hot pink are not raspberry hues, dammit).
Invites were ordered from here & I couldn't be happier with them!

Love this bunting Julie created.
Heather said:
"And you can totally turn it into a string bikini post-baby!"

Adorably awesome diaper cake my friend Sara  created (she's the one in navy blue polka dots in the group pic below).
Can you tell Mr. FC registered for those brown moccasins on top? 
Since the Peanut's a girl, I think he's got high hopes she'll be a total tomboy.  Keep dreaming the dream, honey.

Jules said:
"There's like 2 bottles of white wine in that sangria, but don't worry, I diluted it with some orange liquer."
Best friend ever.

This zuchinni cake layered with fruit was to.die.for.
I forgot to take pics of the delicious food spread but it included rustic organic sandwiches from Whole Foods, baked brie en croute, fruit salad, a cheese/cracker plate, & a Napa cabbage salad.
I must have eaten a whole wheel of brie myself.

{ The lovely ladies, minus my friend Sam who arrived later }
L to R (back row): Sara, Kirsten, me, Michelle, Julie (co-hostess, the shower took place at her lovely home), Emily, Christina (co-hostess & new mom herself!)
L to R (front row): Kari, Nikki & daughter Vivian Harper, Heather, Jenny

Chatting about booze, birth control, freezing your eggs, & how someone should really invent "pasties" for portruding pregnant belly buttons.  Why should nipples have all the fun?
You know, just the typical baby shower topics.

It was the 2nd day of fall & 80 degree weather be damned, I was determined to wear boots.
(Did anyone else have a problem with spider veins all over your legs during pregnancy?!!)

Michelle (behind me & to the right in the group pic) who has given us soooooo much by way of pristine baby girl hand-me-downs, baby gear, etc. presented me with my favorite onesie of the bunch......................

.........................and also Mr. FC's  mug on a mug (in all his hawtness). 
It might have been the co-guest of honor at my shower, we all loved it so much:

Thanks to the incredible generosity of our family & friends, currently the nursery looks like this.
Time to start organizing.

Thanks for dropping by!  I have some nursery progress posts qeued up & will be back soon with those.
Hope you're not too burned out on baby-related posts yet because that's pretty much what's dominating our lives around here.

~smiley faces & hearts~


  1. My baby showers were both a few months back and I still haven't organized all the gifts that we got! Sheesh.. SOON. But generous friends & family are the best. Obvs, not burned out by baby-related posts here ;-)

  2. Aww, congrats, I didn't know you were pregnant!


    So am I. Again. ;)

  3. You are the cutest pregant woman I have ever seen! So stylish!

  4. Congrats! Could never get tired of baby related posts! I've got to find out what that owl fabric love it for my Finley!

  5. Oh my word what a party. They did such a great job. It breaks my heart that I missed your celebration because I am just busting with excitement for you guys!!

  6. SUCH a cute party!!! Love that mug your friends got you! Hilarious!! You're probably the most stylish pregnant girl I've ever seen! Lookin good girl! Can't wait to see the nursery!

  7. So adorable and I love the best wishes birdcage.

    Lord, Freckles Chick has big bewbies now. LOL

    (.) (.) ------> ( . ) ( . )

  8. @ Suzanne: Isn't it adorable?! I'll try to find out from my friend where she got that owl fabric!

    @ Cathy: Aww, C! We missed you!!

    @ Christine: You are so kind, thank you!! You're making me glow!

    @ Suzie: See, I told you!!!! These bewbies are out of control. Smuggling raisins I am definitely NOT. HA! Love ya.

  9. My mother sent those wish cards out before the baby shower and had people bring them with their gifts! Don't you just love them?

    Baby showers are fun. I kept telling people I didn't care if they brought anything, I really just wanted to see everyone (since I flew from the east to the midwest), and was focused on eating yummy food.

    You look stunning dear...and there are treatments for spider veins that are easy (or so I'm told). :)

  10. What an awesome baby shower!
    Check this out!


  11. That looks like the cutest shower ever. I love your friends. And you look adorable! Your arms! They aren't pregnant at all.

    I cannot wait to see more of that nursery.


  12. Aw! So beautiful! You are so blessed and it is obvious very loved by your friends! Love the fruit topping layout!!

  13. What a nice second shower....belly button pasties...that's awesome should really get on that...if they haven't done so already: sounds like a fortune could be made.

    Also, your baby furniture and the room are gorgeous!! Can't wait to see the finished room and of course the new addition to your family.

    Daily reader,


  14. I'm so wildly impressed by that Hiro onesie and the DILF mug. They kind of took my breath away.
    Such a fabulous party.
    You really do magnetize a group of genius, brilliant, pinup ladies. (I'm not just speaking for myself here.) And that comment about laughing until you pee—yes.
    Have you had the chance to transform the owl pennants into a pregnant-lady bikini yet?
    There's still time.
    Love to be your neighbor.

  15. such a pretty shower...and you are the cutest pregnant person ever. you could totally do it for a living. really.

    and i hear you on the raspberry...Radish by SW is a good one, perfect blend of pink and red. I used it for Sloan's bed.

  16. Cutest shower ever! You have such nice friends:-) And this is totally unrelated to this post, but I yesterday I made the chicken soup recipe you blogged last year and it was soooo good, thanks for sharing!

  17. You look so cute w/your little belly! :)

    Congrats!!! :)

  18. Looks like a super fun time! I sure wish I had, had a pastie for my belly button when I was pregnant!


Let's get weird up in here.
~Freckles Chick~