Going Greek

I've been dying to add Greek key trim  to something & thought it'd be a subtle touch of pattern/color for our master bedroom curtains.  So I bought some Greek key jacquard ribbon from this Etsy seller.  The ribbon is a gorgeous green, somewhere between kiwi & olive.  I don't sew, so......fabric glue it is. Tip: apply a thin line of glue on each edge of the ribbon, rather than in the middle (I found there was less rippling that way).



It was a cloudy part of the day so pics are a bit murky but I had to take advantage of nap time!!
Other master bedroom goings-ons.......got a new duvet & a new throw pillow cover a while back.


The duvet's one of those pintuck ones that everyone seems to have these days (or maybe that's just the blog peeps I "know").  This one's from here & was another one of those "I'm so pregnant & swollen & can't drink wine, so I'm going to buy new stuff before this babygirl rocks my world" purchases from last fall.  
The best part about pintucks?  No ironing necessary. =]

The new throw pillow cover is Windsor Smith's Pelagos fabric in the Haze colorway (I think) from this Etsy seller.  I had intended it for the guest bedroom (which is slooooowly coming together) but it was like Pillows Gone Wild happening in there, so it came to live on our bed instead (since the espresso Greek key pillow that used to be there is now being used every day in Quinn's room).

I try to make the bed every morning.  It's how I stay sane.  Especially after rolling out of bed only to see the 512 strands of hair that my scalp has left behind.  Gross.  Post-partum hair loss can suck it.  
Anyway, here's my nightstand.  Some day I'll be able to convince Mr. FC we need proper, grown-up nightstands.  Some day.



Oh, Reality, you're not always pretty.  
Speaking of reality, the other side of the room has a towering  mountain of (clean) laundry, waiting to be folded.  Let's just pretend it still looks like this, mmkay?  
Thanks. 
=]

20 comments:

  1. Your bedroom is beautiful. Reminds me of an upscale hotel. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much!! It rarely looks like this these days but I had to spruce things up around the house for guests, so I grasped the moment, haha!!

      Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  2. I love the Greek detail and the layering of neutrals. Relaxing yet interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the curtains and was thinking about doing that for my nursery! I am also loving your bedside sconces. Where are they from? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, what a fab idea!

      The swing-arm lamps are from Lowe's! We love them & they're similar to the pricier Pottery Barn styles! Here's the link:
      http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?partNumber=266233-82850-37208&langId=-1&storeId=10151&productId=1239961&catalogId=10051&cmRelshp=sim&rel=nofollow

      I also talked about them more here:
      http://freckleschick.blogspot.com/2010/05/swingers.html

      Delete
  4. I want to live in your house. Seriously.

    Did I ever tell you about my friend's daughter who called up my friend and said, "Hey, Mom. I need to sew a dress. Where's the glue gun?" haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad I'm not the only one who's nightstand looks like that. :) I'm getting ready to add some trim to my curtains as well. Did you like the Liquid Stitch? I can't decide if it would work better or that heat and bond strip stuff. New follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DID like the Liquid Stitch for its convenience, though it was a little tricky applying just the right amount so that the ribbon & fabric didn't ripple. If I were to do it over & had more time, I think I'd try the heat n bond stuff to get more of a "sewn-on" look. Hope this helps!

      Thx for following!! Right back atcha. =]

      Delete
  6. The trim is gorg! You're doing better than me - I don't even have night stands right now- long story - you don't wanna know. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My side of the bed nightstand is just horribly nasty with pill bottles, dirty kleenexes, tons of hair clips, lotions, etc....why can't I just keep it clean? I never can. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous. Now that is a peaceful and beautiful retreat. But who would want to sleep when you could stay awake and bask in the loveliness?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gah, it's so pretty in there! You guys must sleep like babies. Well, babies who don't just sleep for half-hours at a time, that is.

    jbhat

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am also not a sewer, so I love fabric glue! I've been eyeballing the pintuck duvets for awhile now, but not sure I'm ready to make the leap. Yours is perfect for your room. And the hair loss after baby? When does it end? Our babies are just a few days apart and I'm convinced I'll be bald before this is all over with.

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks fantastic, wish i was that brave to do that on some white curtains! :)

    Madebygirl.blogspot.com
    MadeByGirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too funny, I have the same burt's bees, magazine and book on my little bedside table too. I also have a baby monitor and a little puck light....

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love your master bedroom. it looks so serene! but thanks for that little snapshot of reality. it's just not possible for a new mom to be that clean and organized. glad i'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this! It really add to the curtains for such a simple fix. And your nightstand...let's just say you are a rock star. My nightstand a couple of months ago had 8 times more crap on it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazeballs! I'm telling you, you are incredible with the details and that's what makes your spaces so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautifully done! I love the "real life" pic of your nightstand, I totally have Burt's Bees lip balm beside my bed too, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love love LOVE your bedroom! So soothing and peaceful looking. Thanks for the great inspiration!

    Chris (a fellow freckles chick)

    ReplyDelete

Let's get weird up in here.
xoxo
~Freckles Chick~