Words are not enough to express how truly touched I am by your responses to my Things I'm Afraid To Tell You post..........but I'm going to try.  In writing/publishing those truths about myself, my intentions were not to fish for compliments or garner pity.  I wanted to put myself out there in the light of honesty, in hopes of reaching out to others who have experienced similar (after all, shedding those feelings of isolation is sometimes half the battle in feeling 'normal' again isn't it?).  I am forever affected & overwhelmed in the best possible way by the outpouring of your support & empathy; the power of kind people never ceases to amaze me.  And I am honored that so many of you shared your own stories with me (there was a lot of de-lurking happening, lol).  Honored & humbled.  
Thank you, a million times over.

P.S. If you did a similar post, I would love to read yours--just let me know!

Soooo, this post is what happens when I haven't blogged in a while & is my feeble attempt at catching up.  I hope you don't mind some a buttload of unedited & blurry camera phone snapshots of stuff happening around here.  Life is busy but full.  (I haven't jumped on the Instagram bandwagon yet.  I also don't have an iPhone, but I hear that there's an App for my Android?)

We went to our first wedding with Quinn (our good friends Sarah & Mark got married at the most beautiful ranch).  
Quinnie was a bit under-the-weather thanks to teething & a round of vaccinations the day before.  
We all probably slept a total of 3 hours the night before but that didn't stop us from having a great time!

Strolling around the gorgeous ranch with the Snap 'n' Go.

Nothing quite like nursing in the car in between the ceremony & reception times.
(Quinn hasn't really ever taken to the bottle, no matter how we've tried.)

BBQ fun.  
I like to call this photo Phi Delts All Grown Up.
Thanks for hosting Steve & Sarah, your home is AMAZING.

We've got a crawler!
Memorial Day romp.  This little girl is growing up way too fast.

We've got 2 teeth!  It's been quite the experience.  Quinn's a trooper.
Only 18 (?) more to go.....I miss sleep. =]

 Starting solids.  We're doing a variation of Baby Led Weaning.


Definitely my daughter.

Bedtime routine.

Enough about the Quinnster. =]
Got a faux bois rug (color: Clay) for the living room (more to come in a future post).
Love it!

Marbled paper with gold veining (framing it for the dining room).

A mini Quinnie room project (laser-cut wood chandelier from iTag Studios).

I'm switching back & forth between The Hunger Games (thanks Cathy C.!) & the Bloggess' book.  I can only find time to read after Quinn goes to bed & even then I need to prop my eyelids open with toothpicks.  I should be done with these by 2015.
It's how I roll read.

OK, got to fly--I hear Quinn waking from her nap.
How's that for a blog post full of randomness?!
Thanks for dropping in on my little corner of the world!


  1. She's getting so big! Love your dress you wore to the wedding!

  2. I just loaded the new Instagram Andriod App and I love it. Still playing around with it, but it seems to make any phone picture better. :)

  3. Isn't that what life is like nowadays, randmoness? haha, I find I'm constantly jumping from one thing to another! It's so fun to see another babe Alice's age going through the same stuff. Quinn is such a cutie. We have our first wedding this weekend, wish us luck!

  4. your baby is adorable...funny I always say it will take me 2 years to finish my book too!

  5. Love the updates!! I'm glad you are making it through the Hunger Games! The trilogy should be considered a 10 year commitment when you've got little ones in the house and sleep to catch up on. Keep on trucking'

  6. I like your necklace! So nice with the dress. And the photo of Quinn with the Domino book? hilarious!

    I've been a bad blogger myself, but my child is home with me all day now, so...yeah, you know how that goes. Can't ignore my kid all day.

  7. Ok I So LOLed when you said Quinn was starting solids and the photo was of her eating the bowl. Too cute. And I know I say this every time, but I so mean it...she is too flippin' adorable!

  8. I just found your blog. Oddly enough, your words resonate with me. With something that happened just a year ago. And has since changed my life. My moment of truth came here...

  9. Love love love all these pics of you and the family! You guys are too stinking cute! And seriously, who carried that baby to term for you????

  10. Oh, I remember my very first wedding post little one stayed with his grandma but I had to pump in a bathroom at the reception. It was ridiculously hard to manage. But man, once those boobs fill up, something's got to give, so I had to do it. And then (I hope) I dumped it all--too much wine.


  11. Holy cow, you and your baby girl are so beautiful! We have a long-distance wedding coming up in October, so there will be lots of either bfing in the bathroom or pumping - either way, what a pain!

  12. Randomness is always interesting. You all are so cute. Quinn is over-the-top cuteness. My favorite picture was Quinn and Domino book...haha

  13. Even with minimal sleep, you guys look so beautiful and happy! Love the new rug and have fun with The Hunger Games. I am totally obsessed with The Violets of March by Sarah Jio now.

  14. Hey there! I came upon your blog yesterday when I was looking for DIY headboard ideas (as I'm sure is the way MANY people find you due to how amazing it is). I wanted to make sure I commented because I ended up on your recent posts and have spent hours reading through your blog :) Haha so I guess this is an all-in-one comment! I'm just really enjoying reading you- I showed my husband the headboard and we tackling that project this weekend AND I'm going to brave putting spinach in my morning smoothies now that you've reassured me that I won't taste it at all. I also read through your "Things I'm Afraid to Tell You" post and was humbled by your honesty...I'm nowhere near the experienced blogger that you are, but I know that I feel all that guilt/nerves/uncertainty/envy, too, and it was so refreshing to read it from a blogger I admire :) So many great things going on here! :)Ally

  15. I loved the picture of you and Quinn reading the book together - it was adorable. Wish I could have a picture of my mom and I framed that looks like that one! Cheers :) Becca

  16. What a beautiful family....and just so you is a news flash for you. No ones life is perfect...that is a given. We all struggle with what to do, how to act....who to be. It's the journey.

  17. aww what a precious baby quinn is! such great facial expressions! you both looked so pretty at the wedding. weddings with babies are quite the adventure. the first one we took sisi to was when she was 4 months- it was in the middle of a nature preserve. i remember changing her diaper in a big open field with the wind whipping like mad. such great memories!

  18. FC, looks like you've tapped into an emotion many people are feeling, but aren't brave enough to talk about: Baby Blues. Blogging is great, but I was thinking... maybe it's time you take your writing style into print. Let this idea swirl around your head: compile stories of new mothers into a book (cause the idea of writing a book won't freak you out after talking about how taking your blog to the next level does). Yea, it's been done before, but not in your voice! You've got a built in clientele (and people to gather stories from). Think about it. LOL, I know how ideas can get stuck in your head until you've perfected them :)

  19. Oh that photo of the two of you reading the book is so precious! The excited look in Quinn`s eyes is just so sweet. That`s got to be a pure happiness moment, Quinn is just such a sweetie!

  20. She is growing way tooo fast! Such a cutie pie! You look gorgeous too! Love your dress for the wedding!

  21. It's funny, it must be a new Mom thing because I just posted something similar on my blog...a random update with unedited pictures. It's about all I am good for these days!

    You look beautiful at the wedding FC!! This mommy thing suits you. :) glad you are doing well!

  22. 1)Q is ridiculously adorbs..and that serious/worried face she seems to make in a lot of the pictures is a riot

    2)LOVE the black dress you wore to the wedding!!

    3)Damn that wedding venue is gorgeous

    4)I went to the car in between a wedding ceremony/reception once with my SIL when she had to bump...first time I ever witness a breast pump in action *eep*

    5) Yay Hunger Games!

  23. Check you out hot momma - love your dress! Can't wait to see more of that gorgeous rug!


Let's get weird up in here.
~Freckles Chick~