Quinn: 5, 6, 7, & 8 months

To document each monthly milestone of Quinn's first year, we'll be taking photos of her with these fun monthly stickers courtesy of Sticky Bellies

Quinn is now 8.5 months old, which means I'm behind in posting her monthly photos yet again.  I'm, if anything, consistent.  Rather than bore you with her milestones month-by-month, here's a summary of where she's at now (below pics).  
You'll notice we've given up on trying to get her to sit still................
This little girl has her own sassafras agenda, that's for sure.
:) happy





* Is a full-fledged crawler (started around 6.5 months).......little hellion, she is.  The girl can cruise out of my sight in the blink of an eye.  Between breastfeeding & keeping up with her all day, my calories are a-burning.

* We were on a great sleep-thru-the-night run for about a month.......then she hit month 5 & started teething & sleep just went to sh!t from there.  At its worst, she'd wake every 1.5 hrs.  At its best, 3 hrs.  This went on for 3 months & we have now worked back up to 5 hrs of solid sleep before waking (that's not counting the initial attempts to get lay down in her crib!)......just in time for her next teeth to sprout.  HA!  Time for some more sleep training!  I can't recall what sleeping more than 4 continuous hours feels like.  Ah well, this is our new normal.  I'm tired.  (:| yawn

* Showing mild stranger anxiety.  I'm trying to socialize her more by joining playgroups/playdates.

* Super vocal.  Says "Mamamamama" (we doubt she knows what it means yet) & "Bababababa".  Also just shrieks for no particular reason.

* Starting to assert her will when it comes to diaper changes, feedings, clothing changes.  Wonder where she gets it from? :: ::I ask innocently::::  We're in trouble.

* I'm still dairy-free because she's still showing signs of a lactose sensitivity.  Maybe she'll grow out of it?

* Breastfeeding every 4 hours now.

* Still won't take a bottle (or pacifier) so it's straight from the source (aka my boobs) for her (good thing I work from home)..........which means I'm rarely away from my little firecracker.  Now that she's on solids, I get a bit more of a window to leave her w/ daddy just to get a mini break to do fun stuff (like catch up on work).  Have I mentioned I'm tired?  HA!!

* Will climb on to/scale up/launch herself off of anything if given the chance......just like her snowboarding/surfing/skateboarding/biking daddy.  Before she started crawling, I swear she invented the sport of extreme sitting.

* Loving solid foods especially avocado, sweet potato, squash, broccoli, carrot, pear & apple.  She gets a kick out of taking tiny sips of water from a grown-up cup but refuses the sippy cup.  How backwards is that?!

* Pulls up to a standing position all by herself.  She'll even take a few steps whilst holding on to her Walk-Along push toy.  Not sure if I'm ready for my baby girl to walk quite yet.....I mean, we just got used to babyproofing house shizz for her crawling!

* Naps are a bit longer now (will usually take a 1.5 hr one & a 40 min. one).  I'll take it.

* Is in the 90th percentile for length, which is a riot considering we're her parents (I'm 5'5 & Mr. FC's 5'11).

* Eyes are still blue-grey w/ flecks of hazel.  I get lost staring into them (when she sits still enough for me to do so, that is).

* Has a lovely, sunny, hilarious personality most of the time.......unless we're trying to put her to bed, of course.  :-O surprise


A little photo fun with our favorite girl:





Resisting my love........................

............and she's bouncing off once again.

She cooperates for her daddy.  Of course.
The little butt nugget.



Click here to read more about each month!

24 comments:

  1. What a cutie pie -we have the same sleep schedule over here and are surviving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha--"resisting my love"--love that.

    She's as cute as a button (you all are!) and it sounds like you're having a good time.

    jbhat

    ReplyDelete
  3. This phase is so fun and yet exhausting. I particularly love cleaning up everything behind them as they discover plant pots, bottom drawers, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is adorable and you look GREAT! Goodness I want to give you a big high-five for the breastfeeding. I can only imagine how tiring but also fulfilling that must be. The calorie burning thing is a great side-effect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely pics of the fam! and she is uber adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's so pretty! and I love your dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much C! The dress is from Banana Republic & is so comfy I could sleep in it...might have once or twice already. =]

      Delete
  7. her little bangs are so cute! If you have a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest posts!

    peacelovedecor.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cutie! I was gonna say that she is so super tall for her age. She's sassy just like her mama. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my gosh, oh my gosh, so much cuteness going on! My little one forgot how to drink from a bottle, so for a while I forced her to drink one bottle a day. I worried something terrible would happen to me and I wouldn't be able to nurse and then she'd starve. She got the hang of it again and then somehow we went back to boob only again. Fortunately, it was drawing closer to the year mark and I was forcing her more on sippy cups. Life gets a little easier on mommy when they slowly start eating other foods. Even so, we did nurse til 17 months, but from 13 months on it was only twice a day, morning and bedtime. So I guess what I'm saying is, good luck and keep on truckin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It all sounds like what we're going thru right now! 17 months, you are a ROCKSTAR!!!! Also, your story gives me hope for Q. =]

      Delete
  10. Adorable! Around 8 months they do get a little more clingy, for whatever reason. We're there right now and it can suck. Don't you love how they try to scramble up everything? I feel like a human jungle gym when she's feeding and then playing and then feeding.

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is so cute! Eli is 8.5 months too and is into everything. I always read interviews with celebrities where they ask them how they stay so fit, and the celeb mom is like "Oh, I just chase after my kids all day" and I wanted to shake them and scream LIAR!! But now I get it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is so stinking' cute. And you look amazing,momma I'm choosing to ignore the part about no sleep,because seriously? Henry's already two months old and I just have to hold out hope that he will sleep at some point. Help me,God. And I'm holding out hope for youR little peanut too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your family, you all are so cute! While I hate to see Ash growing up so fast, I also can't wait to see him crawling and standing with our help. Quinn is too too beautiful, sexy pants! Oh, and obviously you are, too...duh

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey dear! How I wish we lived closer...your stories sound like mine. Dairy free? check. No bottle or pacifier? check. Hates going down for naps? check. I am holding on to hope that Theron will warm up to a bottle or a sippy during school because otherwise he'll go a long time without eating. :-/

    Buuut, enough about us. Your little Quinn is a doll. She seriously looks so dang cute.

    Miss you, FC. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Q is adorable! I've been reading for a while but not commenting... Thought I'd let you know that my 12 month old cant figure out the sippy cup either - she drinks from normal glasses that I hold up to her mouth. We're gonna try those cups with a straw next, I think! And ours won't go down to sleep on her own either... Training resulted in hysterics like I've never seen before! Our solution has been a mattress on her floor - I nurse her to sleep then get up and leave. When she wakes in the middle of the night, I sleepwalk into her room and nurse her back to sleep, often drifting off myself. She's giving us longer stretches the older she gets, though teething is messing with us! Anyways, I felt compelled to comment to let you know you're not alone! :) it'll get better, right?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya & can empathize 100%!! So good to know we're not alone. Thinking of ya!

      Delete
  16. I've been following your blog for a long time, but never commented before. Quinn is just adorable, such a cutie. My little guy is just over 7 months, and we are on the same sleep schedule, unfortunately. It is a bummer, but it helps to know that I am not the only one walking around like a zombie. You look great by the way---can't even tell you were ever preggers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind & sweet for saying that, THANK YOU!!

      I keep telling myself everything's a phase w/ babies, so hopefully ours will find their own sleep schedule....one that hopefully spans most of the night, ha!

      Thinking of you!!

      Delete
  17. My gosh, she's gorgeous! I love your little family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can't believe how big she is getting! Such a cutie!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. THANKS YOU ALL!! You're making this proud mama blush!

    ReplyDelete

Let's get weird up in here.
xoxo
~Freckles Chick~