xoxoxo

If I thanked you all a million times, it wouldn't be enough.  To the moon & back?  That's not even close to showing my gratitude.  Your condolences for our Hiro lifted our spirits & tugged at our heartstrings.  You all truly know how beloved pets are & how much they are missed when they leave this earth.

As we've gone about our days, the house feels emptier.  I can't tell you how many times we've craned our necks to needlessly check his water/food bowls.  How many times we've perked up our ears to listen for the flappity-flap of the doggie door or the soft padding of gentle giant paws on our hardwood floors.  How many times we've absentmindedly reached down to pat his downy head.  I vacuumed today & couldn't help thinking that no longer will those furry tumbleweeds be floating by.

But reading your comments full of compassion, condolences, & anecdotes of your own furry family members have helped so much.  More than my words can convey.  We've read every single one over & over again.  A few friends & readers said that Hiro helped us become the parents we are now.  We couldn't agree more; we believe he primed us to be the best parents possible to Quinn.  There was no better inspiration than our sweet boy.

I have projects to share (a DIY headboard, a changed-up credenza vignette, updated living room) but feel a bit silly blogging about that right now, so I'm just taking a few days to enjoy these lazy hazy days of summer with family.  By the way, I'm new to Instagram & loving it (username is freckleschic4 or you can just click the "follow" button above my snaps seen on my sidebar).  It is lazy  laid-back blogging at its finest :) happy, so for now I'll be there if you're interested in my musings on the mundane.

That's all for now. 
 I just wanted to pop in & express how thankful I am to all of you for your kindness.  
Thank you from the depths of our hearts.  

xoxoxo

17 comments:

  1. Glad you are doing better FC

    hugs and monster kisses (which are usually open-mouthed and slobbery)
    LB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx LB! Love monster kisses! The slobbier the better. =]

      Delete
  2. XOXO

    I love the photo of Quinn checking out the contents of the fridge. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I <3 you Suz!! Isn't Q hilarious in that shot? How can one baby empty the contents of the fridge door so quickly?!

      Delete
  3. yay -- just found you on instagram! and are getting a new blog makeover?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Yep, sure did get a blog makeover. Was craving a simpler, cleaner, minty design! You like?

      Delete
  4. Hey dear! So glad to "see" you again. I just adore you and can't wait to add you on instagram. Cute new blog header, too. xoxo

    My instagram: joidan82

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right back atcha, J!! Thx, I'm loving my new blog header. It's refreshing. =]

      Delete
  5. Hi! I'm new to commenting, but have been reading for a while. I'm a Coloradan too (only about 2.5 hours from you) and we had baby girls pretty close to the same time :) Just wanted to say sorry about your pup ... mine died (snake bite) a few years back. My dad gave her to me on my 16th birthday, and it was actually extremely hard on my entire family. Not fun at all. Glad he had a good home and lots of love though. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tessa! SOOO glad you de-lurked, ha. Yay, we're "neighbors". Aren't baby girls the best?!

      So sorry to hear about your sweet furry boy. He was blessed to be so loved & I'm sure he returned that love a million times over.

      Thx so very much for commenting & for reading for so long. You are so kind! <3

      xoxo

      Delete
  6. I think "lurker" sounds a lot better than "troll" ... ha! :) I adore your blog ... maybe out of total jealousy? I have absolutely no taste or style , although I think if I did, it might be similar to yours. Just doesn't come naturaly to me. And YES! Baby girls are the best! Not to say that boys aren't too, but hey ... I have nothing in that area for comparison. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, I meant "sweet furry girl"!!

      Aw you are so kind, thank you!! I'm sure you have style like crazy! I still question my choices from time to time....and darn Pinterest & blogs always make me feel inadequate. =]

      So good to hear from you!

      Delete
  7. No ... No, no, no. For real. My personal style is ... sad. I own only jeans and t-shirts and even still, have trouble pairing the two correctly. My husband picks out most everything for our home and when I do pick something, say for instants paint, and it ends up looking good ... we are all baffled. For days. Ha ha ha! I know what I like, but I just don't have the ability to put it together. So, so sad. You're house is just beautiful though. Love, love, love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. glad to hear your taking few days off to enjoy some time with your family. I am so sorry to hear about Hiro. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ok im so not good at this instagram thing but I cant seem to add you :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL She did it like it washer JOB, right? My cutie Q!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blog is so refreshing to check out new ideas! I love all your projects!!! I am fixing up our new place too so your inspiration made me want to nominate you for the Liebster Blog Award. Check it out at www.domesticingenuity.com

    ReplyDelete

Let's get weird up in here.
xoxo
~Freckles Chick~