QUINN: 9 MONTHS

To document each monthly milestone of Quinn's first year, 
we'll be taking photos of her with these fun monthly stickers courtesy of Sticky Bellies

Quinn is now exactly 10 months old, which means it's time to look back at her previous month.  
It was a month of major milestones.  She's totally more fun now. 
I'm feeling less like her maid & more like her mama.  Just being honest.
 :) happy
(Hey, I'm actually on time with this post.  It probs won't happen again.)



She's a rambunctious, willful sassafras.........to say the least.


* We've got a walker..........I think (there's a video at the end of this post).  One day at 9.5 months, I turned to see her stand & totter about 3 steps to a wayward Cheerio on the rug. She's consistently standing on her own & taking 3-4 steps before realizing that she can get to her destination much faster by crawling. Does that count as walking?  Wish us luck in keeping up with our sassy firecracker......this also means we have to baby-proof more shizz.

* Now has 8 teeth (4 top center, 4 bottom center).

* We've given up on trying to get her to take a bottle/pacifier.  Tried every way imaginable for months & she refused.  Oh well, at this point I'm looking at it as 2 less things we have to wean her off of in the future.

* Still nursing straight from "the source" & LOVING solid foods so far.  I've mentioned before that we did a version of baby-led weaning (under our supervision, starting at 6 mo. Quinn essentially fed/feeds herself non-pureed foods; we just made/make sure they're bite-sized pieces & soft/easy to mash up with her gums).  Dining out has been such a fun experience now that she can sit in a highchair.  She's absolutely giddy over feeding herself & watching the restaurant goings-on around her.

* New foods she loves: hummus, tofu, turkey meatballs, scrambled egg yolk, veggie pasta, brown rice, asparagus, & wheat toast. And Cheerios.......I find those things everywhere even stuck to the underside of my boobs.  :) happy

* I'm still dairy-free.  Though I'm slowly introducing mild cheeses to Quinn, just to test her dairy sensitivity.  So far so good!

* After many weeks of encouraging her to do so, she's finally drinking from a sippy cup. Hallelujah.

* When I ask her to wave & clap, she does it with the most serious scrunchy look on her face.

* For the first consistent time in her whole life (that sounds hiarious seeing as she's only 10 mo. old), is sleeping 10 hrs straight.  I'm not bragging.   It was an extremely emotional experience for all of us.   If there's a couple things I've learned it's this: 1) if your baby sleeps thru the night, don't flaunt it.....especially to moms whose babies don't b/c it can make us lose it/cry/punch you & 2) the minute I think I've got Quinn all figured out, I jinx it somehow & she changes the rules of the game.  HA!  After so many months of this tired mama getting on average 3 hrs of sleep in a row, I'm just so very grateful.  The 3 of us worked hard to get to this point.  I won't elaborate on the sleep-training method we used (it can be a controversial/boring topic to say the least, plus every baby's different), but if you'd like to know more about it, please feel free to email me.  I would be happy to share what we did. 
Now, naps are another story.......let's change the subject.

* Eyes are still blue-grey w/ hazel flecks & hair is light brown.  She's finally starting to look more like her daddy. #wheredidmyAsianbabygo


Some recent candids.......we tried to capture her walking.
{ I didn't get a chance to wash my hair, sorry. }





My love.
"Mama, I WILL get you back for this ridiculous headband."

And what-the-hey, here's a video of Quinn walking (sorta).  
Just ignore her parents' annoying voices, HA!

video



P.S. I still have to get off my ass to clean the living room in order to snap pics of it.  
Thanks for not leaving me & sitting at the more popular table.


****Click here for more Quinn monthly updates****




33 comments:

  1. Simply adorable . . . and so glad you are getting some sleep!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've clearly got a genius on your hands, walking at 9 months is pretty darn early! Babies do awesome things like that for you to brag about when they do things like not sleep EVER. They feel bad for you when you have to listen to other moms talk about their 6 hour nappers and 12 hour sleepers. But not bad enough to actually join the crowd. Glad to hear Q is getting her act together ;)

    Admittedly, I didn't watch the video. Mostly because I'm trying to hide on the couch from Gabe and if he hears anything, he'll be all over me. What was that? Their awarding me mother of the year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BWHAHA! During Quinn's worst sleeping stints, I'd tell people that it's been proven that gifted babies are poor sleepers. =]

      Also, the other day I snuck back into the house after running an errand (Q was playing w/ Mr. FC) just so I could squeeze a few more minutes of "me" time in.

      Oh yeah. Share that Mother of the Year award w/ me?

      Delete
  3. She is SO cute. Congrats! Congratulations on EBF, that is a MAJOR commitment and something to be very proud of. And to many more nights of 10+ hour sleep ahead. It makes all of the difference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx so much for the kind words, Jaime!! You made my day. =]

      Delete
  4. quinn is so cute. Is it bad though that I'm really commenting because I love your yellow skirt and grey sweater?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! Aw, thx for that!! The yellow skirt is from American Eagle & the top is a comfy fitted sweatshirt (the pouch pocket is my fave) from J Crew ~4 yrs ago....does that make it vintage? =]

      Delete
  5. Hi there and what a cutie you have on your hands! Can I ask what you are using as the bookshelves that are in these pictures? They look great and so functional!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thx so much!! The clear acrylic book ledges are from here (we got the 24 inchers):
      http://cleardisplays.com/Clear-Acrylic-Card-Strip-for-Wall.html

      More about them here:
      http://freckleschick.blogspot.com/search/label/nursery%20diaries

      Love them! They're sturdy, functional, & let the books be the stars! Hope this helps.

      Delete
    2. Wonderful and thank you for telling me the information, when I surely could have found it on your site. They are so functional...really appreciate you taking the time to help! Enjoy your little one, she is a doll.

      Delete
  6. Quinn is adorable! And quite the adventurous eater! So glad she's sleeping better for you - hope she continues that trend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx so much, L!! Me too, fingers crossed. She certainly keeps me on my toes. =]

      Delete
  7. Love, love, love the name Quinn and she's adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG. The video is too cute. I also love the parent voices. :) It sounds exactly like every video we've made of Hudson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thx Brittey! Every time we play back a video, I'm all "Gawd, can I sound any more annoying?!"

      ADORE the name Hudson!!

      Delete
  9. fun post! i was one of those obnoxious moms who flaunted the fact that her baby slept through the night starting at 6 weeks old. and then i felt like the biggest idiot when she stopped sleeping through, and didn't consistently sleep through until 1 year old. also, i cannot believe she's already walking! what an agile little thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DID the very same thing, bwahahaha!! I mentioned in a comment above that during some of Q's worst sleeping stints, I'd tell people that it's been proven that gifted babies are horrible sleepers. Only half joking, heh.

      Aw thx, I can't believe she's walking either. I need more time to prepare for this! =]

      Smooch beautiful Sisi for me!!

      xoxo

      Delete
  10. Walking at nine months?! Wow, good for her, bad for you. I kid, I kid. And I too had a hard time getting my kiddo adjusted to a sippy cup. What's up with breastfed babies not wanting a sippy cup? Oh, and I can't even remember when my child officially slept that many hours in a row, probably 'cause I was so sleep deprived my memory went to crap.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm totally the asshole mom who brags bout her kid's sleep. And the first time I said anything on Instagram, I realized my mistake. And then the next night he woke me up three times. So I try to keep my big jinxed mouth shut now. Ha. That's a difficult one. I'm glad she's giving you a little more sleep momma. You deserve it. At out two month appointment , my pediatrician told me that he wanted Henry to be sleeping 10 hours already. Is that insane? I guess I shouldn't going to the doctor who lives in the alley. Kidding.

    In other news, I just don't think she could be any cuter. And she just gets prettier and prettier. She's got spunk, that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think you were being a braggy asshole at all! I was just glad that Henry slept so well for you that night (when Quinn slept well, I'd want to shout it from the rooftops).

      It's one thing to be be amazed about it.....it's a whole other story when you just got done confiding to a mom about how exhausted & strung out you are b/c your baby won't sleep & how you kinda want to drop the kid off w/ your neighbor just so you can pee by yourself & nap for a bit.....then that mom responds by gushing about how her baby naps 3 hours at a time & has slept thru the night since day 1. That shizz makes me want to PUNCH!!!! I know quite a few moms like that.......half of them also have nannies/maids/etc which made me wonder why they were even hanging out w/ their kid that day anyway.

      HA! Maybe your ped just has really high expectations?! Esp. for having an alley practice. =] Q's ped is sorta granola earth mama & looked insulted when I asked about rice cereal at Q's 5 mo. appt. That's Boulder for ya.

      Aw thx so much!! She's rambunctious & spirited...which sounds a lot sweeter than calling her a "sassy little whore" which is how I usually refer to her. Henry is ADORABLE. He dresses better than Mr. FC can ever manage to.

      xoxo

      P.S. You looking GOOOD, girl!!

      Delete
  12. OMG I love Q's squishy face photo. LOL


    Give her a big hug from me and hallelujah she's sleeping 10 hours through the night. I don't know how you did it coz if Suzie doesn't ger her sleep she's a cranky biatch. I love how sassy she is, no one messes with Q! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. congratulations! she's officially been out longer than she was in.

    ReplyDelete
  14. She is so precious!! I am dying from the cuteness. I can't get over that she is walking already, that little one does have some spunk! Watch out for her when she is 16. Think you'll still be blogging then.

    Yikes, I am the Mom who brags about Nicholas sleeping like a rock star however feel like I earned it since Jillian was such a bad sleeper. Used to drive me nuts when I would hear people with good sleepers say how easy having a baby was. Having a good sleeper changes your whole perspective on having a baby.

    Glad to hear you are doing well! And I would never leave you friend for the popular table! I almost spit out my coffee when I read that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is so adorable and so smart! Not to be super annoying but the month that precedes her turning 10 months is actually her tenth month. Like she lived her first month and then turned one month. Can you tell I used to be a teacher? I just think she is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thx, Lindsey. You're right! Though I honestly am still a little confused by it all (just like when I was pregnant & was told women are actually prego for 10 months). OK, I'm changing my wording to "previous month", haha! Thx for educating me! =]

      xoxo

      Delete
  16. She is so STINKIN cute! Isn't it weird when they get this neck all of the sudden? Like, everything just looks so long and non-babyish. Weird and sad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing these monthly updates! My daughter is 7 months old today and I feel like her and Quinn are two peas in a pod based on your updates. I so appreciate how real you are as many moms try to sugar coat things :) She's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are both so cute. Glad to hear all is going well.

    jbhat

    ReplyDelete
  19. Found your blog and our babies are close in age! Mine hasnt really slept either but he'll occasionally give me a peek into what life could be like if he did- it's amazing and I agree, moms with babies who sttn should just be quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  20. omgosh ok so couple of things, she's walking at 10 months??!!!!! holy molyyyyyy!! that's awesome! haha now you have to really keep your eyes on her! K didnt walk until 13 months!!

    That is kinda cool that she is not into pacifier and bottle though!!! so much less stress to wean her! I am having a hard time trying to get K off bottle. Keep up the great work on breastfeeding. I did it up till 16 months and totally loved it.

    Are you teaching Q Vietnamese? We need to do play dates..if you were closer of course haha

    ReplyDelete
  21. She is so divinely yummy!!! and really, you're not supposed to look that cute yet!!??

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm so late commenting, but oh my goodness, walking already!?! She is sooooo adorable and momma, you look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like a good wine buzz. Let's get weird up in here.
xoxo
~Freckles Chick~