Fall family photos

{I'm averaging a post per month.........I'm terrible.}

Our sassy girl is about to turn 1 yr old (!!!!) & I wanted to have some family photos taken.
In other words, to document that we survived the first year with a baby.
:D big grin
 
I asked our good friend Ben to take our pics (HI BEN!).  Considering that his photography subjects are typically far more exciting than our little family, we were stoked he obliged (along with Sara, also a good friend aka his wife/volunteer art director/the one who made sure we didn't have boogers showing or something).  
 
Despite the fact that Quinn chose that day to fight her morning nap by crying more than usual before falling asleep, she woke up in a good mood & turned on the charm during our photo session.  So we trekked over to a lovely little hiking spot just a short walk from our house, & the afternoon was filled with fall woodsy fun, inappropriate humor (per usual), sarcasm & lots of laughs ("Quinnie did great.....I'd say she's probably the 3rd cutest baby I've ever photographed." ~Ben).
 
A few (uh, right) of my favorites.............
{Ben's not a fan of watermarking photos so I want to note that  photo credit goes to 
Ben Klaus Photography.}


*** 
10/24/12 ETA: Thank you for your kind compliments! Some have asked about my boots; they are Michael Kors 2011 riding boots w/ gold buttons bought at TJ Maxx last yr for a crazy marked-down price. Ebay might have them? Quinn's dress can be found here (I ripped out the bow using scissors), headband (custom) here, & booties here.
***

 
 

 
 

That's their baby Frisco in the background.


Q did not appreciate this move.


Not sure what was going on w/ her diaper....it doesn't usually look like that.
 I think.

Sassafras.








Thank you so much, Ben (& Sara) for capturing our little family so wonderfully 
& exactly as I had hoped you would!
You are kick-ass in every way.

41 comments:

  1. the family pics are perfect!!! You all look so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are adorable! And the ruffle dress? Killing me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. @ Deborah, Mrs. Chic, Brittney, & leah: THX SO MUCH, ladies!! Y'all are so very kind! xoxo

      Delete
  4. omg so cute!!! i love that you and baby girl matched so perfectly...and how adorable is her lil boots!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx so much, Y! Kaylee & Quinn need to hang out....& talk fashion. Q still has a lot to learn. =]

      Delete
  5. One year?? How did that happen! Love the photos - and the matching outfits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're telling me!! Where does the time go?! Aw thx so much, J, you are so kind!

      xoxo

      Delete
  6. Wow - awesome pictures! Adorable baby girl!
    You are blessed!
    -Molly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable pics! Love those ruffles. :) And where did you find your super BOOTS?? LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to see you, Em!!! Yes, I'm a sucker for ruffles, wish I could pull them off as well as Q. Ha.

      Thx so much for your sweet words! Boots are Michael Kors riding boots from 2011 that I got for way marked down at TJ Maxx last year ($150 I think).

      xoxo

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thx so much, C, your comments always bring SUCH a smile to my face! Btw , I see the gorgeous origami glass bowl you so kindly gifted us every single day....first thing we see when we walk thru our door! Love it so much.

      So good to hear from you, hope all is well!!

      xoxo

      Delete
  9. Sooooo adorable! Your outfits! Whew, cuties! I love the comment about her diaper, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx, girl! Was her diaper not ridiculous?!?! HA!!

      Delete
  10. Where did you find your boots? Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx so much! Boots are Michael Kors riding boots from 2011 that I got for way marked down at TJ Maxx last year ($150 I think).

      xoxo

      Delete
  11. Adorable! Thanks for sharing. I agree, you're boots are amazing.

    http://jax-and-jewels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to see you, H!!!! You are so kind, thx so much. Boots are Michael Kors riding boots from 2011 that I got for way marked down at TJ Maxx ($150 I think).

      xoxo

      Delete
  12. You know, I'm not sure who is best dressed - you or Quinn? She's definitely the most stylish little babe I've seen! You are such a good looking family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely Quinn! Girl can rock an outfit......she doesn't even need to wear underwear, heh. Aw thx sexypants, I lurve you tons!! xoxo

      Delete
  13. I love these! You have such a beautiful family! Can't believe Q is almost one already!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thx so much, J! I can say the same to you--beautiful family. I can't believe Q's almost 1 either!

      Delete
  14. Haha, thanks for saying where you found your boots. We are all fans. And Quinnie! She's so cute. (The 3rd cutest baby joke made me laugh.) You all look great, and it sounds like it was a fun afternoon. Thanks from here too, Ben and Co!

    jbhat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can always count on you for the best comment ever! Lova ya, xoxo.

      Delete
  15. These are beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable, adorable, adorable. And you are looking HAWT, momma!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OK, I'm offically clucky...your family is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are so fun! You guys are a great looking family. We have pics this weekend and I am hoping Mr. High Maintenance Theron decides to bring the charm. Fingers crossed. : )

    ReplyDelete
  19. You guys are the cutest family ever...seriously. That Quinn is going to be funny, funny...I can just see it in her eyes!!! You look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are sweetest family photos ever! I stinkin' love that one of her holding up her dress with the wonky diaper - work it Quinn, work it.

    I can't wait till Alice can walk! It must be so nice to be able to put her on the ground with out crawling around and getting all filthy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These pictures are awesome. And you have the most beautiful family. I'm putting a stop to Henry growing anymore. It just goes too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a beautiful family. Q is getting so tall! I like her sassy, keep her that way. :) No ONE messes with Q.

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG, so adorable! I'm also really digging the ensembles you chose for everyone. I may have to borrow some inspiration for our upcoming family/maternity shoot, although I'll be sporting my Old Navy knock-off versions of your boots. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just found your blog! What a beautiful family ...your daughter is presh!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a gorgeous family! Awesome pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  26. FC!!! My gosh she's so big already! Gorgeous pics! You guys look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love these cute family photos! Now a post about where you printed and hung them? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely photos! But where did you get YOUR dress, it is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much, Lisa! My sweater dress was from Victoria's Secret (fall 2012). :)

      Delete

Your comments are like a good wine buzz. Let's get weird up in here.
xoxo
~Freckles Chick~