Basement reno: Quinn's Playroom


Hey! I'm blogging. 

Thank you to all who left such wonderful comments on my last post!  I enjoyed reading about your similar experiences, different perspectives, & hopes/fears about motherhood.  I often feel like an attention whore when it comes to this blogging thing, so it was incredibly fun to hear from  you!  With your busy lives, & with Pinterest, Instagram (raise your hand if any of those killed blog-reading for you like it did for me), & all the other social media out there..........well, let's just say that I'm honored when you take the time to leave a comment for me.  All this to say: thank you for reading!

I've been meaning to share Quinn's playroom.  It's a fun little space for her & she seems to enjoy it.  We didn't go what I'd call "Pinterest-crazy" with it, ha!  To be perfectly honest, she much prefers to be outside or out & about, so this "room" is really a space to corral her playthings so that they're not scattered all over the house. Again, nothing worthy of the Land of Nod catalog per se, just a fun extension of the family room nearby.  I just wanted to give it some order.......even if it that order lasted a grand total of 15 minutes, oy! #lifewithatoddlertornado








I originally had planned for some sort of wire hanging system for Quinn's artwork but scrapped that idea.  It was awkward with the low ceiling, so we're reserving this idea for the upstairs.  Instead, I added picture-hanging strips on the backs of mini bulldog clips.  It's great & temporary, as I can see this space evolving right along with Quinn.

You may remember the art table we tweaked for Quinn.  After seeing Shannon's version, I switched out the acrylic containers that held her crayons, etc for little buckets from Target's dollar section (hanging from cup hooks).  Much more Quinn-proof *:-O surprise .  You can't see them, but the white buckets hold broken crayons & chalk bits. 

Apparently sitting still for photos for Mum's blog is not an option.

Sassafras.



Aftermath.

Like she needs any further encouragement......



Sources (links):

butterfly girl art print / glossy grey frame / Expedit shelving unit (white) / striped canvas bins (the small size fits the Expedit perfectly) / Quinn's felt crown / more details on Quinn's art table



Hope you had a good & memorable Memorial Day! 
Thank you to the brave souls who fought/fight so hard for our freedom (my military dad included), so that we can live the way we do.  
Grateful for this life.



30 comments:

  1. So, I didn't comment on your weighty musings on motherhood, but I had to rush here this time to tell you that I think your 3M + bulldog clip solution is brilliant! It all looks great, in both pre- & post-Quinn condition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the art clip on the wall and the magnetic board idea! Looks great!1

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great and cheerful room! I love the art table, art clips and of course, those stripy bins!!! My fave scorpio girl is pretty yummy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable. I would like to play there too :) I especially love the bulldog clip art hangers!! I'm totally going to steal that idea. And by steal I mean "use and continually give you thanks" for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steal away! Goodness knows I've stalked, I mean, 'obsessively admired' your projects over the years. ;)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I wish! ;) They're from The Container Store!

      Delete
  6. This totally looks pin-tastic! I love those striped bins. Quinn looks like she's having a ball!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that table (we have it too, totally colored in crayon!). The whole playroom is adorable, such a happy space for Quinn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey look, I'm behind on emails/comments.......how do you popular bloggers keep up?!? Would outsourcing the 12 comments I get on average be feasible.....HA!

      Thanks, friend! Our table is now covered in crayon, too! I attacked it w/ a baby wipe & it was good as new for all of 34.5 seconds. She does it just to mess with me, I swear.

      xoxo

      Delete
  8. I love it all. She's quite the artiste! Isn't it a hoot that someone so small can be so in charge?!? Still trying to figure out how THAT happened at my house, too. Haha. Oh, and this gives me hope that maybe T will sit down to draw someday in the near future. Blind optimism, perhaps?!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks, friend!

      It'll happen, promise!! Even to rambunctious hoodlums like Theron ;) I mean, it happened to Quinn....though she's taken artistic liberties with her drawing surfaces. Apparently, paper is OUT & walls/furniture/curtains are IN. ;)

      Best of luck w/ the move, gal!!!

      Delete
  9. Love this cute room! Especially the print of the little girl, I think it suits Quinn perfectly!

    Nemixtli

    ReplyDelete
  10. This room is totally pinteresting! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally pinned the crap out of this space! It's awesome!! I know all too well how important sooome attempt at organization is, haha! I love the idea of the buckets on the table, I was just thinking I needed something like that. Love those striped bins too! Great job, lady! and great job taring it apart, Q!

    ReplyDelete
  12. FC-
    Great play area for that sweet baby girl of yours! The striped baskets are great...but Quinn's artwork is
    the standout! :)

    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Her space is so pretty! so girly too! :-) she is adorable your little girl! We have a small space for our son too but he's toys are all over the house now! :-)
    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much! Yep, I'm not setting the bar too high in expecting her to actually KEEP her toys contained here. Wishful thinking? When am I going to learn?! LOL.

      xoxo

      Delete
  14. Scorpios are the best!! I knew I liked that girl from the moment you first posted about her. Scorpios just get other scorpios :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Two peas in a pod, you & Quinn. ;) Scorpio girls rock!!
      Ooh, can't wait to see your new blog design!!

      xoxo

      Delete
  15. Looks like Queen Quinn has everything she needs. Love it! And the fact that her tippy toes barely touch the floor when she's sitting makes me melt. She's still a wee one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love love love this space! Especially the bold stripes and the orange pops. And that crown. Holy hell, I might have to buy one for Charlie.

    PS: I hear ya on the no-time-for-blog-reading thing. I thought it was just cuz I had a kid/turned into a blogland slacker. But instagram and pinterest do suck up a whole lotta time! Let's blame it on that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's too much cuteness. I love how busy she is like it's her JOB and she's got so much to do in so little time. HeHe!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This turned out so cute! And totally Pinterest worthy, thank you very much. The bulldog clip idea is co. Love that you can swap out artwork and even take them down completely. I'm not going to lie, I wish we had space for a real playroom. We have little cubbies of toys everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this table idea with the little buckets. I love all your decor ideas, totally up my alley! If we lived in the same city I feel like we could be besties, lol. (No I'm not a stalker chick, just a mom that's also obsessed with, I mean enjoys wine, decor and my kiddies :) Keep posting all the brill ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the table with the little buckets! I love all your decor ideas :) If we lived in the same town I feel like we could be besties, lol. (No I'm not some stalker chick, I'm also a mom that happens to be obsessed with, I mean ENJOYS decor, wine, sarcasm and my kiddies :)))

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is so beautiful, I think it looks beautiful even in the aftermath! Those are some nice toys she's got. I want.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fun space! I love it all! Great striped baskets too!=)

    ReplyDelete
  23. hi love the space! I saw your post on I heart organizing! where did you get the magnet/chalk - board attached to the expedit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for dropping by, Heather! The magnet/chalk board was from Target. Super lightweight & it came with a little easel, but I attached it to the Expedit using those 3M picture hanging velcro strips. :-)

      Delete

Let's get weird up in here.
xoxo
~Freckles Chick~