Weekend winks

First things first: the fabulous Jen of IHeart Organizing is featuring Quinn's playroom today!  This skilled, gorgeous gal needs no introduction.  I think of her as an organizing oracle--I mean seriously!  To say it's an honor to be featured on Jen's inspiring blog is an understatement.  Come on over, I'd love to see you there!
Thanks a million for having me, Jen, xoxo.

****************************************

A peek into our weekend....we attended a wedding for dear friends & had an amazing time.  Quinn's Nana flew out from Iowa to spend a few days with us.  She & Quinn especially had a grand time! Those of you who have the grandparents nearby, I know you know how blessed you are.  Seeing that incredible bond day after day is indescribable & makes saying good-bye so bittersweet!

A few snaps from our phones of the beautiful wedding.  
It took place in breathtaking Estes Park at the gorgeous Taharaa Mountain Lodge.

Things sure have changed since we got married back in 2005.  
No one brings cameras anymore.  Just whip out your smartphone.
via my Instagram @freckleschic4
Thanks for a fabulous dress, 
Tailor & Stylist!
Photo bombed by the sun.
How about an awkward panoramic shot?! Good friends, good times.
We had a blast at the open bar wedding.
Red wine & cucumber water.  It's all about balance.
This was our first wedding solo since Quinn arrived & our first night away from her together.  It only took us 21 months, yeesh!  We've been away from her for social engagements separately but have never had a legit babysitter (blame it on 14 months of breastfeeding a non-bottle-loving baby &.....that's all I've got, ha).  Quinn adores her Nana (the feeling's mutual).  Nana is the most loving, detail-oriented grandma one could ever hope for & our minds were at ease the whole night.  She texted us updates at all the right times & Quinn was an absolute angel for her.  What the?!?! ;-)  

Bubbles after breakfast.
You were such a help in every way, thank you Nana!!



We met up with the family for breakfast the next morning, then an impromptu park/photo session courtesy of my talented brother-in-law.
I was definitely feeling the effects of the night before's festivities. 
Not as young as I used to be. That's going to be my last dance-off for a very long time.




Hope you had a wonderful weekend!!

29 comments:

  1. holy crap. Mr. FC look so much like whom I can only assume is his sister. and if that's not his sister then... whoa.

    You looked amazing!! That first night away is so freeing, isn't it? Ours was last July for a wedding, and I felt bad because I totally forgot to call and check in all night. Good thing JEGs was sober, I mean caring enough to...

    Love the family photos!!

    LB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! Yes, that's his sister. Uncanny isn't it?!

      Thanks so much! It took me a while to stop checking for a kid underfoot but slamming some wine helped ;-) I was definitely not "caring" by the end of the night, lol.

      Delete
  2. I wish I looked that fresh the morning after! Looks like a blast - always feels so good to have a night away together, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! Like, "Oh so I kinda still like you." We made a rule not to talk about Q which sort of worked.

      And thanks! Oy, you shoulda seen me before I had 2 mugs of spicy strong chai. #wasntpretty

      Delete
  3. Isn't that just about the crap? Those kids being so kid for their adoring grandparents. We're on to you, little ones. Haha! You guys looked fab at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, what the hell?! Sneaky little devils. This is payback for how I was as a child.

      Thanks so much, gal! (I owe you an email!)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful pictures! Your dress for the wedding was so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh stop, you gorgeous gal you. Just kidding, keep talkin'..... ;-)

      Delete
  5. I'm in love your your dress and of course you look amazing in it!! :) Q, is such a sweetie & so happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your dress! And glad you had a good weekend - and then were reunited with your sweet Q.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Nanas! We are giddy every time there is an additional route added to LAX from Des Moines. I loved your dress for the wedding. What a stylish mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nanas rock. Thanks so much for your kind words, mama! (Des Moines represent!!)

      Delete
  8. Your dress was awesome! You are such a stylish momma. So glad you had fun and love the family photos, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, friend!! I'm just trying to follow your example. #yousetthebarhigh #stopit
      xoxo

      PS. Thanks a million for your super kind comments on my IHO feature!!

      Delete
  9. You look lovely!! And I love Quinn's joyful expression with those bubbles! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous photos! I really love your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What?!?! iHeart is one of my favorite websites...(right after yours, of course!!!) How cool is that?! You go girl. Thanks for posting the pictures from the wedding. Oh how I miss the CO crew.

    xo Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course!! ;-) Thanks so much, lady!! That Jen is a doll. We certainly missed you guys at the wedding. Hell, we miss you in CO, period. Hugs to the family!
      xoxo

      Delete
  12. Aww, hooray for a well deserved night out!! You look hot, lady!! I can't believe how much Quinn looks like the both of you, she's a great mixture. That last photo is so heart melting!

    p.s. she is so good at wearing that hat!! I've given up with Alice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady!!! I wasn't looking so hot the next morning, tell you what. Thank goodness for spicy strong chai. Three cups of it.

      Aw, you made my day. I sometimes look at Quinn & think, who is this kid?! She's good about wearing that hat! But she'll ONLY wear that hat. When it's laundry day for that thing, watch out.

      xoxo

      P.S. Thanks so so so much for your super kind comment on my I Heart Organizing feature!!!! I sorta love you for it :-)

      Delete
  13. Hey pretty lady! This looks incredible! I sent the link for the lodge to my husband as and FYI for future travel plans. ;) I must go there! You look absolutely stunning and the pictures of you and Quinn are precious. She is such a blessed little firecracker to have you as her mother. You're fabulous! Let's pleeease find a way to drink wine and eat macarons together all day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hear you on the hangover, I have a few beers (clarify: 6 beers) and I'm out of the game almost the whole next day. Awful. Getting old is so not fair. But you look gorgeous, and the dress you wore to that wedding is SO cute, I hate you!

    But of course I mean I love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had 5 glasses of wine (at elevation, while we're at it). The bartender promised the cucumber water would help recovery-wise. That b**** lied.

      Thanks so much!!! That dress was really forgiving & stretchy, believe it or not. I hit up the tuna tartare appetizers hard. Now the morning after? Very little cute, a whole lot of rough.

      Miss you, hot stuff.

      Delete
  15. LOVE that last photo so much! You're such a hottie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks, friend! Takes one to know one ;-D

      Delete
  16. Cute! I think I need one of those stampers now!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What cute ideas! I love the tags. I think I need one of those stampers now. *adding to xmas list now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love it! The possibilities are endless :-)

      Delete
  18. You look absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Let's get weird up in here.
xoxo
~Freckles Chick~