Stamp-y for summer {rolling alphabet stamp}

We had a few neighbor-friends over for a casual end-of-summer gathering.  I'm talking burgers, chips, & salad.  Do people have casual summer soirées anymore?  Or have I been on Pinterest far too long?

And because I've been on Pinterest far too long, I did use the opportunity to bust out my rolling alphabet stamp for a few special details to beautify the booze station.  I don't do baking but I definitely do boozing.  My gal friends appreciated the effort, or so they said (maybe it was just the booze talking).


I got this rolling alphabet stamp (it actually also has numbers) at a paperie in Boulder 2+ years ago, but it's also available via etsy/online shops (search 'rolling alphabet stamp').  I still love this thing.  It was a bit tricky to use at first but once I got the hang of it, it's quite fun (or maybe that's just the booze talking).  



People are always wary of these straws.  They're fine for sipping.  Use 'em!
Just don't let them marinate in your drink for hours.
I usually don't have any drink left for this to happen.
Our friends appreciate this sort of clarification.
Then they lose interest & ask where the vodka is.
Frozen strawberries chilled the spritzers without diluting it.
Got to keep the potency of my potions.
Yet another use for washi tape.
Yep, still have crusty brass hinges on those cabinets.
The Mr. also assembled a drink station:


And once our friends arrived, I did a rare thing.  I put the camera down & just enjoyed the moments.  
It was the perfect end-of-summer soirée.  
Bring on the crimson-gold leaves, warm boots, & hot spicy chai!



31 comments:

  1. Love, love your booze station - so pretty! I'm sure the booze was pretty good too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! The booze was delish. TOO delish ;-)

      Delete
  2. A beautiful soiree! Love it. I think I need to buy a roll of washi tape now. Also, brass is back in, right? I say embrace those crusty hinges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crusty brass is back,babyyyy! That's my story & I'm sticking to it. Thanks, friend!

      Go Broncos!!!!!

      Delete
  3. So pretty!

    I have the same stamp and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's awesome! Possibilities are endless.
      And thank you, that means a lot coming from the hostess with the mostess!

      Delete
  4. Yup, you are the reason we all have to throw Pinterest parties! Your non-Pinterest party kicks ass. Love it all girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. My invite must have been lost in the mail. This is a combo of all my fave things...alphabet stamps, blank tags, gold washi, alcohol and crusty brass hinges!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't send you an invite to this one b/c it was a swinger's party. Or maybe I should have?! #kidding #maybe

      Delete
  6. Haha, at Cassie's comment. Yeah, mine too1 :-) And, um, I keep going back to the first pic because it needs to be in a magazine. It's really good, girl. Like really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That means a lot coming from you! Thank you, friend!!

      And like Cassie, you ALWAYS have a standing invite to my soirees. I also won't blame you if you never speak to me again after said soirees. It was the booze station talking, I swear ;-)

      xoxo

      Delete
  7. Obviously your man put much more thought into the beautification of his drink station. I want a strawberry vodka spritzer!! What goes into this fabulous sounding apertif? (other than the obvious)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OBVIOUSLY! It's why he's never frazzled by the time guests arrive ;-)

      I modified a recipe from an old Real Simple issue. Next time, I think I'll use more strawberries & muddle the berries w/ basil or mint. It was refreshing. I had lots ;-)

      8 strawberries, plus more for garnish
      1/2 cup honey
      1/2 cup water
      12 ounces vodka
      Juice of 4 limes
      16 ounces sparkling water

      Simmer honey and 1/2 cup water over medium-low heat until it resembles a simple syrup. Let cool. Mash hulled strawberries w/ mortar & pestle. In a pitcher, combine mashed berries, honey syrup, vodka, lime juice and sparkling water; stir. Garnish w/ mint sprigs & lime wedges.

      Delete
  8. Rolling alphabet stamp? Now I'm going to need one of those too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know I needed it in my life until I got one ;-)

      xoxo

      Delete
  9. I can't tell you how many good things are in this post!! That alphabet stamp is awesome and I can tell you I would be giddy if this was waiting for me if I came over for drinks (and that wouldn't just be the booze talking!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You, me, washi tape & some labeled booze. It's when awesomeness collides. #hasanyoneseenthekids

      Delete
  10. I love this for entertaining! It looks so fun and easy. I found you over at Just a Girl, love it, I will be back.
    Tammy @ thecoloreddoor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much & for dropping by, Tammy!!

      Delete
  11. Okay, I hadn't jumped on the washi tape bandwagon (is that a thing?) but now I think I need some. I mean … labeling wine? I'm totally in.

    And I need that rolly alphabet stamp. I have a date one that I used in Henry's baby book. And now, I need this one.

    I may just take yours, you probably won't even notice if i load you up with enough wine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Washi is where it's at. Addicted! Ply me with enough wine, I'd give you my stamp....and my wallet....and my first (possibly only) born. Mostly because she's such a terror lately & not sleeping well. You're welcome ;-)

      Delete
  12. Haha - Not Vodka! Dayum, your fridge is so organized. Great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! It's easy to organize the fridge when one doesn't cook much ;-)

      Delete
  13. This is so pretty and functional. Love it! I am really commenting though to say that I had no idea that a Rolling Alphabet Stamp existed. It is on my I want NOW list!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! And thank you for dropping by!

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. What can I say, I know how to booze :-D Thanks, friend!

      Delete
  15. love that alphabet stamp. so useful!

    ReplyDelete

Let's get weird up in here.
xoxo
~Freckles Chick~