Holiday gift wrapping: festive & feathery

Last night I had a dream I was at Nordstrom looking for a holiday party outfit & Victoria Beckham was my personal shopper/stylist.  Everyone knew it was Victoria Beckham because apparently it was a holiday charity event where celebrities offered their styling services (I couldn't figure out if I was the charity or not).  Victoria was quite nice, wish I could remember the ensemble she selected for me.  And you know how Nordstrom usually has a grand piano in the center of the store playing twinkling holiday music?  Well, David Beckham was also there decked out in a tartan tux (???) & playing the piano....I was all "Wow Becks, you're not only good with your feet, you're good with your hands, too."  Then I woke up.  I rarely dream, which is a good thing probably.

In other news, I had fun with holiday gift wrapping this year.  Like last year, we along with our extended family members decided to alleviate some of the holiday stress & forgo gifts for each other, thereby just spending that money on ourselves (the only gifts we're giving are for Quinn)*.  So I have it easy this year with just wrapping a few gifts for close friends.  I vowed not to buy anything new to gift wrap with, especially since I have so much crafty crap in my closet.  I'm either really resourceful or a hoarder.


I'm linking up to my favorite gal pal I've never met, Cassie& the lovely Michaela Noelle, who are both hosting a Holiday Craft link party here & here as part of the Holiday Cheer in the Blogosphere series (I shared my holiday mantel here).  Check out their fabulously festive holiday crafts, the endless other inspiring links, & link up your own!

I got feathery & festive with cardstock, using these fine feather templates that Lia graciously provides.  I didn't "feather" them completely, preferring more of a graphic feather if you will (just kidding, I was too buzzed up to handle more scissoring).  Then I stuck on glitter tape (Target, Michael's) & trimmed around that.  All four took about 20 easy breezy minutes late one night.  My kind of craft!  {If you prefer real glittered feathers, check out what Bethany did here & Kristin did here!}


Other bits & baubles:
I promise, no kraft paper next Christmas!
Maybe.


*Quinn says we all can keep our gold glitter tape, striped ribbons, & pretentious evergreen sprigs.  Her gifts are getting decked out in Sofia the First/Doc McStuffins gift wrap.

19 comments:

  1. Lol about the dream!! Love your wrapping skills - those gold dipped feathers are to die for! You're pretty much awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even my dreams are sarcastic--I mean, a tartan tux?! Me shopping for clothes?! The only serious part was David Beckham, mmmm.

      Thank you so much, gal!! Happy Holidays to you & yours!

      Delete
  2. Hahah, I love your dream and Quinn's take on wrapping paper. How do you make those glitter bows? Teach me your ways :)

    http://jax-and-jewels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, you crack me up. I wish my ways were more magical ;-) For the glitter bow I made a big loop of glitter tape & secured it w/ double-stick tape (for the "bow" part), then looped a smaller piece of glitter tape to pinch the center (the "knot" part). Then I attached the whole bow to the gift using a dot of hot glue.

      Quinn thinks I'm crazy for putting effort into gift wrapping b/c isn't the whole point to rip it off?! So judge-y.
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Your dream- LOL. I never dream something that awesome. Also, can you come re-wrap all of our presents for us? Yours are gorgeous. I would happily accept an empty cardboard box from you if it were wrapped up so pretty!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I wish my dreams were that exciting! Seriously, those feathers...sigh...just might have to make some, they are too cool. I would say your crafty crap is resourceful.. cause I'm sure my stash might be bigger than yours and I need a good justification. I love "linking up to my fav gal pal I've never met" cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dream like this nearly every night! Okay, without VB and Becks, but definitely with all sorts of weird plaid. That aside, I am so digging this project. Simple and just lovely (I almost added "like you" but then thought that would make it seem like I was calling you dumb or something). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do?! I kinda wish I did too! Instead I wake up with a blank slate, various Madonna songs in my head, & a craving for caffeine. And THANK YOU! If you called me simple & just lovely, I'd consider it the highest compliment ;-)

      Delete
  6. LOVE this!!! Those feathers, that tape, your bows!!! Cutest gifts ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting, friend! A few of those gifts are edible.....one of those edibles might be heading your way. #notcookiebutterIwish #oredibleunderwear

      Delete
  7. Loooove this!!! But I have to disagree... Kraft paper 4eva. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You wrap a mean package my friend. I need you to help me, I suck at it terribly. Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my friend! If next year calls for more than 5 gifts, it's gift bags all the freakin' way ;-)
      Merry merry!!

      xoxo

      Delete
  9. Thanks so much for the shout out! :) I love that you used glitter tape, genius! All the rest of your presents look beautiful too, Quinn is a lucky little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, yes the toddlers are oh so unimpressed by our minimalistic wrapping. Disney and princesses are where it's at.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it all!! I can't find the gold glitter tape at target or michaels? At which store did you find it and where? Maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine was from Michael's, in the craftbooking section! But maybe different regions might stock different items? Hope this helps, happy holidays!

      Delete
  12. LOL! You are too funny, girl! Love the glitter feathers, tres chic!

    ReplyDelete

Let's get weird up in here.
xoxo
~Freckles Chick~