Quinn turns two!

Hello!
hello hello 
Echoes all up in here.
Didn't mean to stay away for so long!

We were burning the midnight oil around here, trying to wrap up the mudroom & planning Quinn's 2nd birthday party.  We had a self-imposed deadline of Quinn's birthday party to get it to at least 90% done & we got there barely!  If you follow me on Instagram, you might've seen that Hubby finished the tiling at 2 am one night/morning.  He's a rockstar!  In short, I had hopes of sharing the finished mudroom with you by now, but there are still a few pesky little details we need to finish up (which always seem to take the longest). 

 Then promptly after Quinn's party, she got slammed with a stomach bug.  Then I got it.  The sickest we both have ever been & for the longest.

We were also faced with the loss of a dear friend (whom I mentioned here) a few days before Quinn's birthday party.  Cancer sucks.
We weren't able to fly out for our friend's Celebration of Life (which he opted for in lieu of a funeral) for good reasons: Quinn's birthday.  We celebrated life with him while he still had time on this earth & that was what mattered to him.  We miss him dearly.

In the ultimate celebration of life, Quinn turned two & we celebrated.  She is clever, wicked smart, spirited, sassy, fearless, passionate, spicy, sweet, & oh-so-funny.  Our girl wears her heart on her sleeve (ok, it's probably just a toddler thing); when she feels the feels, girlfriend feels the feels.
She makes our hearts so full & when we're running on empty, only she can spur us to dig deep & keep swimming.
She is our pride & joy.  Every day of this life with her is truly a gift.
Happy Birthday, baby girl, we love you to the moon & stars!!

Tissue tassels were made using this tutorial.
Giant balloons ordered from here (these are the 24-inchers) & filled w/ helium at the grocery store.

Baker I am not so I just added peppermint-dark chocolate wafers to mini Whole Foods cupcakes / chalk cloth glued to clothes pins for food markers (clipped them on to plates) / favor bags (cookie cutters, washable crayons, Annie's fruit snacks) for the kids / DIY tissue tassels & gold glitter bunting


To my American friends, hope your Thanksgiving was a lovely one!

34 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Quinn!!! Love, your Canadian boyfriend, Luca. And his mama. Who thinks you and your mama are pretty awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Quinn + Luca FOREVAH

      Thanks so much, J!! We think you both are epic!!!!

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday Quinn! Looks like everyone had a lovely party.

    http://jax-and-jewels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with the decor and those sweet HUGE balloons so pretty!! All the food looks delicious and is making my tummy hungry :) Happy Birthday to Quinn :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to Quinn! She's adorable...she's just going to keep getting cuter too, so watch out. Love the party decorating!

    jbhat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful girl, beautiful mama. Looks like such a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you!! We had a blast. I've come to terms w/ the fact that I'm just not the big blowout Pinterest party mom, at least not this year. Maybe next year. Bring on the jumpy castles & washi tape & macarons, mofos!!!

      Delete
  6. Love x 1000 that picture of you and your sweet little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great day celebrating a cute girl! I love the party, such sweet details without being over the top. You did good mama! Can't wait to see that mudroom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like an amazing party! Nice work, mama!! You totally rock. Can't wait to see the mudroom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cutie! Love your party table and I can't wait to see the mudroom :) xo Kristin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! I don't mean to keep mentioning the mudroom w/ teasers but we're just so sloooooow!! Here's to the reveal happening before 2014.... ;-)

      Delete
  10. Aw, this so sweet! I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, sending you lots of love! It's amazing how those little ones help you focus on the good and celebrate life. You two give me "the feels' too, love ya! The party looked fan-tastic... I would have been all over that food table!!

    xoxo

    p.s. glad you both are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, my friend! That means a lot, I can't thank you enough for your comment. Truly made my day.

      Delete
  11. Happy Birthday Quinn! That is one rad party you had!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks! Means a lot coming from you!

      Delete
  12. Beautiful as always! Happy Birthday Quinn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, mama!! Hope you're feeling well!!

      Delete
  13. So, so adorable! Such a fierce girl is Q. :)

    Happy Birthday, Q!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so sorry about your friend. Glad you got to spend some time with him. And you both look beautiful! It's amazing how a little soul can make us feel so alive and happy without them realizing it. Quinn is so lucky to have you as a mom!

    Nemixtli

    ReplyDelete
  15. You and Quinn look fabulous, happy birthday Quinn! So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, FC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words, my friend. Can't thank you enough! Hope you & the bun in the oven are well.
      xoxo

      Delete
  16. That last photo - love!! Happy birthday Quinn. You sound like a fabulous little lady, just like your mama. So glad you are both feeling better. I'm so very sorry about the loss of your friend but glad you got to celebrate his life with him.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG look at Quinn! She's just too adorable. I loved all the wonderful handmade elements of her party. What a lucky little girl to have such an awesome mommy:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks awesome. Happy birthday, Quinny!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh, I just love how classy this party décor is! No Disney or princess crap, love it! You know how to do it! Happy Birthday to Quinn!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy belated Quinn! Love the color scheme of her party, so cute! Love your outfit too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, B!! I do love that skirt--stretchy waistbands are my friends ;-)
      xoxo

      Delete
  21. Love the party decor. So sweet.
    I love that skirt! Where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Megan!! My skirt was from Nordstrom this past summer but I've seen so many similar ones on ebay! Hope this helps :-)
      xoxo

      Delete
  22. Looks like such a lovely party!! You two are an adorable pair. <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. I can't believe that little firecracker is 2 already! She is adorable and you are stunning! I am truly sorry for the loss of your friend. I wish I could visit with you so we could toast his memory in person, but my prayers are with you. Wishing you much love and blessings always, my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete

Let's get weird up in here.
xoxo
~Freckles Chick~