Pillows (you can never have too many)

Many thanks to GoodHousekeeping.com for including my little closet in their savvy streamlined closets roundup!  A very cool honor, thank you Good Housekeeping!


Lots going on around here, nothing to show for it yet :-(

So hey, look at my new pillows, I guess?

I scooped up some pillows from HomeGoods recently (if I got a dollar for every time I've said that...).  When I discovered HomeGoods in 2007, it was a different, simpler time......I could've walked away from something knowing that there was a good chance it would still be there a few days later.  Now, that thinking is considered crazy talk; just get it or regret it is my HomeGoods motto.  

The pillows are linen embellished with a subtle silver thread design.  
You know how I embrace the neutrals.
My incredible in-laws from Austin sent me daffodil bulbs for Mother's Day.
The daffodil blooms burst from their bulbs within days & it's been fun watching them grow!
It's about to get all dormant orchid up in here.

I styled this vignette with a pop of Hermes orange. ;-)
Someone asked somewhere along the way about these chairs.  
The chairs are supposedly vintage & I found them at a gently used furniture shop in Boulder ~10 years ago.  
I refinished the arms, caning, & legs a few years ago.


The weather's warming up nicely here in Colorado.  We got snow about a week ago which threw everyone for a loop.  I had forgotten to stock up on red wine before the storm, who am I?  

In other news, the longer daylight hours combined with toddler stubbornness have contributed to a 9:30-10 pm bedtime for Quinn these days despite our best efforts to thwart that.  A few months ago she finally started to take longer naps (yay!), but she's not one of those 'long nap takers & go to bed at 7:00 pm' kids (f*$#!).  So what used to be my work/project time has drastically been whittled down.  I'm not complaining nor asking for advice.......just side-eyeing this little diva of ours & lovingly reveling in her spritely little antics.  Maybe occasionally yelling my frustrations into a pillow.  Hey, maybe even one of those pillows up there!  Talk about a good buy.

Have a sweet week, friends!

21 comments:

  1. love your style!! Great finds :) And congrats on the feature- wahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new pillows, a lot!!!
    I had our cousin Quinn sleeping over this weekend and her and my daughter kept me from getting a good night's sleep. Thank heaven I had enough wine ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And what is it about Quinns & not sleeping?!? AmIright?! We're gonna need more alcohol.

      xoxo

      Delete
  3. You have such fantastic taste. I love these pillows! And how functional they are, with their screaming-muffling capabilities, too! ;) Love that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pillows look great & Congrats on the mention! Bedtime around our home is crazy, anywhere from 7:45 - 9pm....its all over the map! lol, so I can totally relate

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so hard to walk away from good pillows, you can never have too many! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful room! Love the new pillows. And no, you can never have too many!! I remember the time change and longer daylight hours always through my girls sleeping schedules for a loop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am practically single-handedly keeping my local Home Goods in business. Much to the hubs' dismay. Love those pillows though - great find! And the Hermes pop is divine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Me too. And our local liquor store. The owners send us their holiday card every year :-D

      I'm thinking my next vignette will involve a pop of Frog Tape green....

      xoxo

      Delete
  8. Love those pillows and congrats on your feature! What an honor for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love the pop of orange - it makes the room! :) You would probably love a blogpost by andreadekker.com from yesterday. She also has a little diva!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so awesome! Congrats on the GH feature!! I am going to start calling you Big Time now! So, Mrs. Big Time I am a pillow hoarder too ;) You are safe, there are a lot of us. Safety in numbers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Answer: no, you can never have too many pillows. And the orange is too great. Love seeing what you are up to (in between mom-time and wine-time - wait, are those different?). :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your blog! We moved from Boulder about 10 months ago (short-term) and whenever I'm homesick for CO, I pop-on over to get a CO fix! (Thankfully, we're moving back in July).
    PS- Love your coffee table. Where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you fellow soon-to-be neighbor again ;-) Boulder is the best!

      The coffee table is CB2's Peekaboo acrylic table that I found on Craigs List for a song! It scratches easily but we love it regardless.

      Best of luck with the move!

      Delete
  13. I'm such a bad IG buddy! It's taken me too long to come over and properly say Hello! It's been fun getting to know you and your little Quinn. You have such a beautiful home and I adore your style. I love your sense of humor, your writing style cracks me up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. And congrats on the Good Housekeeping feature!!! Woo-hoo! Clearly this calls for a celebratory glass of wine! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I still just want to move into your house. I'll bring the wine. Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  16. way to bring it back around!! that's the stuff of novelists, my friend! and your room is such perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm back! :) Congratulations on GHK, I love your closet. Those pillows are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Let's get weird up in here.
xoxo
~Freckles Chick~