Father's Day: golf gift

My sweet & beautiful blog pal Megan has a cool blogger roundup of Father's Day gift ideas & I'm stoked to be one of the contributors!  Take a gander at the inspiring gift guide; it's so good.  Thanks for inviting me to be a part of it, gal!

Clearly I'm having a tough time blogging.  

Perhaps it's these glorious warmer, longer days that have beckoned me away from my computer.  Who am I kidding, like I blogged regularly ever.  Busier people than myself manage to churn out consistent blog posts.  I can explain, really -- hey look behind you! ::runs out of room::

Quinn & I decided to surprise Daddy early for Father's Day since his gift might require some planning in advance on his part.  He's an outdoor enthusiast.  Any gift that relates to hiking, climbing, surfing, skateboarding, mountain biking, kayaking, snowboarding, fly-fishing, camping, golfing etc. would make him happy.*  This Father's Day we gifted him a day of golfing fun.  Over the past couple of years, finding the time to golf has been a challenge for him.....we wanted to give him a day of: sleeping in, playing 18 holes of golf, hanging with his buddies (no early curfew ha!).  

Titleist did not sponsor this post :-D
I was inspired by this super fun DIY.  So Quinn & I presented him with a bucket of new golf balls & a makeshift scorecard alluding to his gift (instead of a gift certificate since he already has a membership but that would be a fun option, too).  Scribbled with a scorecard pencil, of course.  

I used leftover felt scraps & only had enough to go around the front of the thrift store basket/bucket, oh well.
Quinn calls him Daddy; I call him Dude.  I found a PDF of the scorecard for our local course & printed that, mounted it to cardstock, then attached it to a golf tee with hot glue. 
He also got shiny new balls.  Refraining from ball jokes out of respect for my mother-in-law who does not need any mental images of her son & balls.  I've already said too much.....  
He loved it.  Probably even more so because he'll get a break from us crazy gals for a whole day.  (For the record, he gets plenty of breaks from us ;-)

Knowing me, I probably won't blog again until after Father's Day so......
Happy Father's Day to all of the father figures out there!  Including all of the family members & friends who fill in for dads.  
Thank you for all that you do!!


*I'm outdoorsy, too.  I love drinking outside on patios.

12 comments:

  1. How freakin cute is that? Thanks, I'm going to steal this idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! I had to really restrain myself from the ball jokes. Who AM I?!
      Happy Father's Day!

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. We did this for B last year and it was a hit for sure! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! So wish we lived closer! Jon and your hubby would be BFF's and we'd be DBFF's (drinking best friends fo-Eva)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute little gift!! And a great day for hubby! You are in the hardest, and time-sucking phase of parenting (IMO)...it's so so fun, but so so so hard when they are this age. Q will get older, and you'll get back into more of what you did 'BQ' Until then, give that whipper-snapper a Texas-sized squeeze from me! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shiny balls - I am impressed at your self-control. This is the cutest packaging and I am with you on struggling to find the time to do...well...anything other than make sure the kids are fed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute idea! I had the hardest time finding pdf scorecards! I wanted it for my year of dates gift for when we go mini golfing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great idea - it could be a great dad Easter basket, too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This would be awesome for my hubby too. I still don't know what to get him this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Listen, what guy wouldn't want a bucket of shiny new balls for Father's Day? Or any day, really. What a clever gift (which I will shamelessly steal and manage to give you full credit) for a guy who has everything he could want (you and Quinn). We used to play golf every Sunday afternoon for years plus each belonged to a league that played during the week...we both really miss it and yet, we cannot seem to find the same blocks of time to get out and play for the last couple of years. It's such a great sport and you cannot miss how beautiful the courses are laid out and landscaped. Very therapeutic; especially when the beer cart lady comes around every three holes or so on a hot Sunday afternoon. You always think of the best gifts and wrappings--!!--how do you come up with this stuff. And don't fret about not blogging often enough, when you do it's always outstanding and the Quinn-fix on IG says volumes about your family. Love the picture of Quinn and Mr Freckles on your evening stroll. Melted my heart. Take care, friend and savor every moment xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha!:) Great gift idea and I love that mixed up the grasses.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is such a fun gift! The handmade grass really makes the basket. I love it. I have been thinking about taking golf lessons but maybe I'd better stick with miniature gold. Does Quinn play miniature gold?

    ReplyDelete

Let's get weird up in here.
xoxo
~Freckles Chick~