Stooping up the yardwork

Up until this August, our front yard looked like this.  (Hiiiii, neighbors!)
We loved our zero-scaping so much, we embraced it for several months.  Maybe years.  
It was super low-maintenance. #blessed
The Mr. worked hard leveling the ground, prepping the soil, laying sod, then stone.
Then he planted things.

Earlier this summer, Mr. applied stain to the new stoop (color: chocolate).
Here it is now:
The terra cotta 'backplates' lurking behind the bushes are how we're keeping the soil from washing backwards & under those windows.  Not sure whether they're a permanent solution, but we're hoping all the greenery will grow in to camouflage the terra cotta pieces.

I have my eye on a tall planter for this spot, just waiting for a sale.  My camera makes the stoop look bowed but I assure you it's level.  I know because I whipped out the level to make sure. ;-)


That potted perennial is one of the few things I've managed to keep alive 
(Quinn counts, right?).
Alright, we're calling this area done for now. Just in time for it to be covered in leaves, then snow.
Are we timely or what.  It's how we do, leave us alone ;-)

More on the mudroom exterior/stoop:

16 comments:

  1. You totally could have gone a few more months ;) Looks great! I'm so in love with those large front windows. Aren't taller planters ridiculous?! I found the perfect one at HD and then feel into a deep depression when I saw the price. I started checking SKU numbers because I was certain it was sitting under the wrong price tag :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a perfect landing!! I'm in love with grass so of course, I was happy with I saw it lol - it looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wait...an undone yard is NOT the way to go? Crap! I guess I need to start brainstorming

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fantastic! And yes, agree...what is up with the prices of planters???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, friend! Now how do we start an inexpensive planters company & make millions?! #helloearlyretirement

      xo

      Delete
  5. Stoop there it is! <--- sorry, had to! :) Looks great. I love the stain color, way to go Mr. FC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad SOMEONE did! Haha! Thanks, gal.

      xoxo

      Delete
  6. The stoop looks great! I love your sense of humor and always look forward to your posts here and on Instagram!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup Quinn counts ;) love your front entrance area

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm all about the zeroscaping. But I have to say, your stoop is looking fab with the grass. Yay for just-in-time projects!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so PRETTY! You guys have really made it shine! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! I wish we had green grass. Damn drought. And yes Quinn counts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything looks so clean and crisp. Just in time for Fall - the BEST season ever if you ask me ;)
    You two have such great taste. Great design picks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what is the color of your front door? it's very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what is the color of your front door? it is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Let's get weird up in here.
xoxo
~Freckles Chick~