Amped up antlers


This little corner of Quinn's room keeps evolving & here's how it looks now.  Thanks to our lovely neighbor-friends (Hi, Julie! Hi, Heather!) for filling out Quinn's dress-up stash with the best hand-me-downs!  And for the numerous hang-outs/happy hours that help keep me sane.  Love you gals.

Per usual, I couldn't leave these faux antlers alone so I embellished them with faux florals.  They're hot glued to a ribbon which I then tied around the whole thing.  Easily removable if we tire of the look.  Let's face it, I do this for myself because as opinionated as Quinn is, she could care less about antlers in her room ;-)

We're in the process of getting Quinn a big girl bed for the other side of the room....one thing always leads to another in these situations (at least for me) & I'm scheming some new things for this space.  Eventually, a desk for homework will probably go in this corner but for now this arrangement works.

Quinn started preschool last month & I thought to myself (amongst the tidal wave of all the freaking feels at seeing my baby start school) hey I bet I can get back to blogging with my newfound bit of freedom!  Each day after school drop-off, I run out of the classroom, high-five the other parents in the hall, our eyes shiny-wild with thoughts of all the things we could get done before pick-up.

You look up to me as a parenting role model , I know.  Your adoration is making me uncomfortable, stop it.

I can't seem to find my blogging groove these days, but I'm OK with it.  I'm not sure where this blog is going but I'm not ready to give it up.  I've been blogging for 7 years now & it's never really been a business for me....it's always been my little journal of sorts.  I'm grateful that you care enough to drop by & read it.  

Life for me has changed (it's really the whole point isn't it, to keep growing) & my priorities have shifted.  I'm just making sure that my blog content is inspired & not required.  (That made sense in my head.)  Blogging is so different now.  To my blogger buddies who really hustle, I applaud you.  #hustlebirds  It's not easy & I'm impressed, that's for sure!

See you soon!

14 comments:

  1. So cute! And, your assistant is adorable. And, I could not agree more with "inspired & not required".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, L!! This girl is priceless, that's for sure ;-)

      How's the school year going for your gals?!

      xo

      Delete
  2. Love it!!! I can not get over how big Quinn is getting. Absolutely precious! Hope all is well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The antlers look so cute and I can't wait to see what you do with Quinn's room. And girl, we're all here if and whenever you post - we love ya! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million, my friend!! Lucky to have you in my little corner.

      xoxo

      Delete
  4. I think you should blog more again with your new found little freedom. And love the floral antlers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dress up corners are the best. Looking forward to seeing Q's room evolve. And hey, LOVE the new blog look. You keep writing, I'll keep reading ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh J, thank you SO much for reading all these years!! I'm lucky to have you :-) Congrats on yet another successful BlogPodium, superstar!!

      And thank you regarding the blog facelift! Maybe it will kick my azz into gear ;-)

      xo

      Delete
  6. I always love when yo share, Q's antlers look so pretty with & without flowers, and I love love the her in the Tinkerbell costume, it looks like she's throwing gold feathers in the air! Glad after all this years your still sharing, love your inspirational posts....long time reader here saying please keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the new blog look, dear! And, your "inspired not required" quote is perfect! Exactly how I feel as well and typing that just relieves so much pressure! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in exactly the same place as far as blogging goes, you took the words out of my mouth! Love how this little corner has evolved, those antlers are perfect and I love those gold feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. DUDE!!! That is so me when I'm blowing out of the building after Mom's Day Out drop off. All of us moms are practically burning rubber as we fly out of the parking lot, hitting up Target and Homegoods with our new found freedom :D I'm all, "I should go home and do laundry, go the grocery store, etc." Um yeah.... that never happens.

    Antlers - LOVE them. Leave it to you to make something even more beautiful. This is just such a great nook for her!

    Blog - Your blog look is gorgeous! I have the same feelings about blogging lately. If a post happens awesome, if not, life goes on. I always love reading what you have to say though so keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The antlers are adorable, but Tinkerbell is even cuter.

    ReplyDelete

Let's get weird up in here.
xoxo
~Freckles Chick~